TAFI Town Hall

RMichael21

It's Back...

Now that The Choice has come to a close,
its time to look forward, past the highs and the lows.
The Elite Eight has been selected by now,
then the year will be over, it'll take one last bow.
Then we'll move on to 2016,
points will reset and back to routine.
There's many things going on next year,
including the next installment of The Sole Imagineer.

Last year was extremely successful,
though at times hosting could be very stressful.
But after it all ended several months ago,
I decided it was worth it to do another show.
Coming to wdwmagic in just a few weeks,
bust out your old ideas and techniques.

Now if you happened to have competed last time,
it's your shot at redemption, the timing is prime.

Or if you haven't been marooned before now,
you'll have to show what your made of somehow.
You'll have to backstab and think of ways to move on
in a game that's a battle between the brain and the brawn.
So right after the 2015 champion is crowned,
the brand new competition thread will be able to be found.

Sometime that day, on January 1st,
16 people will sign up, but their excitement is cursed.
These 16 castaways will be marooned all together...
into two tribes of 8 where they'll all work with each other.
After 3 and a half months of the exciting game,
the castaways vote for one of three people still with their flame...
because those with their flame still are alive,
as fire represents your life and your will to survive.
Then one will be crowned the The Sole Imagineer,
taking @IDInstitute 's crown with one big cheer.
The Sole Imagineer Season Two: Redemption Island is coming,
take my word, the drum roll is already drumming.

The Sole Imagineer Season 2- Redemption Island.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter
November 27, 2015

Introduction

Greetings everyone! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you're able to rest up this weekend. Looking forward to some of the new things that will be coming to the forum and to recap all of this past week's events, so let's get right into it!

Imagineering Competitions and Events

The Choice
Congratulations to @RMichael21 for winning The Choice, as well as the remaining finalists who all put their best effort into the final challenge. Kudos to @Matt7187 for hosting an excellent and unique competition and hopefully look out for a Season 2 sometime next year or into the future!

ICS Tournament II
The Choice has finished, the seeding is set...get ready for an epic year-end battle starting December 1st, as one of these 8 contestants will be crowned the 2015 Imagineering Champion!

#1 - RMichael21 vs. #8 - spacemt354
#2 - IDInstitute vs. #7 - JokersWild
#3 - tcool123 vs. #6 - DSquared
#4 - Matt7187 vs. #5 - TheOriginalTiki

ICS Weekends - Disney Debates

2w3vyar.png

Created by @DSquared, the first test-run installment of Disney Debates Live! debuted last Wednesday night on the So, You Want To Be An Imagineer YouTube Channel! Sandy Claws, JokersWild, and spacemt354 debated topics such as "Which Toy Story is best?" "What's the best Tim Burton movie?" And much more! Look for more Disney Debates in the coming weeks!

ICS Weekends - League of Dreamers
The first challenge for League of Dreamers is due Saturday night. Check out the brainstorming thread for progress and the main competition page for the final results tomorrow night!

Future Competition Schedule

ICS Tournament II - December 1st - December 31st
The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island - January 2016

Individual Spotlights
@The90skid has continued with the new installment of "with a smile and a song". The thread has picked up in enthusiasm as of late and a lot of people are getting involved! Should be great to see what comes out of it!

@Ranky64 will debut his first attraction, a Hunchback of Notre Dame dark ride, in his thread called "Brainstorm" Glad you're enjoying yourself on the forums and can't wait to see what you have in store!

Social Media

The SoYouWantToBeAnImagineer YouTube channel - the official wdwmagic hub for all imagineering competition recap podcasts. It's a truly fantastic channel and tons of contributions from people all around the forums.

On The Horizons
ICS Weekends - with 2 of the 4 scheduled ICS Weekends ideas off the ground and running, if anyone else has any other game-type events, or small competition ideas they wish to start, by all means post it to Town Hall! The more the merrier as the goal is to have more activities to choose from and more to do on the forums as a whole, together!

TAFI Brainstorming Series - the first edition of TAFI Brainstorming will debut this weekend! A monthly series where we discuss and create new opportunities as the Disney Parks. This month's topic will revolve around Extinct Attractions and how to update them to fit the present day theme parks. What would a current day Horizons refurb look like? How would you update attractions like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? And where would these attractions fit in the theme park landscape? All things to look forward to, starting tomorrow!

Imagineering Forum Logo 2016 - as we are coming down to the end of the year, it might be time to decide on our logo for the new year. Last year, we had some very nice logo designs, with ultimately Sam4D23's logo becoming the winner (the logo at the top of the newsletter):

If anyone has any ideas about next year's logo, or if you just want to update this logo above, feel free to comment below and discuss!

For reference this was last year's logo competition

Conclusion
Once again, we have come to the conclusion of another edition of the TAFI Newsletter. Tune in next week and for now have a great time imagineering! :)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm totally down for Elite Eight.
Then honestly, take my spot.

I've had some very unfortunate occurrences happen in the real-world recently, and it's going to cut into my time here sadly.

As much as I was looking forward to finally playing on an individual level with you all, it's just not in the cards this year for me. I'll still put out the content I promised - the newsletters, the new brainstorming thread (I'll try to get that up tonight actually) but I'm going to be limited other than that for the time being.

Everything will be alright in the end for me, I'll be back soon...but...you've been talking about the Elite Eight for a while, and you're so close...so please take it.

Zweiland

Then honestly, take my spot.

I've had some very unfortunate occurrences happen in the real-world recently, and it's going to cut into my time here sadly.

As much as I was looking forward to finally playing on an individual level with you all, it's just not in the cards this year for me. I'll still put out the content I promised - the newsletters, the new brainstorming thread (I'll try to get that up tonight actually) but I'm going to be limited other than that for the time being.

Everything will be alright in the end for me, I'll be back soon...but...you've been talking about the Elite Eight for a while, and you're so close...so please take it.
So the final seeding will be...

#1 - @RMichael21 vs. #8 - @Sam4D23
#2 - @IDInstitute vs. #7 - @JokersWild
#3 - @tcool123 vs. #6 - @DSquared
#4 - @Matt7187 vs. #5 - @TheOriginalTiki

correct?

spacemt354

Chili's
And as an added bonus...for anyone that didn't make it into the Elite Eight and still wishes to "compete", there will be an auxiliary End-of -Year challenge that coincides with the Elite Eight throughout the month of December!

Working out some of the specifics, but details to come soon!

TheOriginalTiki

And as an added bonus...for anyone that didn't make it into the Elite Eight and still wishes to "compete", there will be an auxiliary End-of -Year challenge that coincides with the Elite Eight throughout the month of December!

Working out some of the specifics, but details to come soon!

Wasn't the plan to do a second season of Nineteen Eighty-Four around the time of the second round of Elite Eight?

spacemt354

Chili's
Wasn't the plan to do a second season of Nineteen Eighty-Four around the time of the second round of Elite Eight?
It was? Hm, well you can do that if you'd like. That would eliminate the need for an extra challenge. Though that actually might be more interesting to do during TSI because then you'd have 2 strategy type games running simultaneously, so anyone who didn't make it into TSI, missed the deadline, or thought it took up too much time, but still wanted to play at strategy game could play 1984.

Just a thought, but you're more than welcome to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom