New Years Eve Fireworks

DisneyJunkie217

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!

My boyfriend and I are arriving this December 31st for a short stay before our 10 day trip with extended family in September 2016. We will be arriving mid-day New Years Eve (Staying at Pop Century) and we are wanting to catch some fireworks that night. We will most likely arrive after Magic Kingdom reaches capacity (Disney told me they reach capacity normally between 10AM and Noon that day & we are planning to arrive around 3PM), and it's not really worth it to us to purchase tickets even if we can only get into Magic Kingdom for only a few hours. Visiting other parks that night really isn't an option for us either this trip since we are only there for 2 full days & don't want to exhaust ourselves too soon. So FINALLY to my question, where is a good spot on property to catch the New Years Eve fireworks? I am wanting to make it very special for us because New Years Eve is the 4 year anniversary of the day we finally met in person (We met online). Any recommendations will help :)

Thanks in advance everyone! We are so excited for our trip!

danyoung56

I would go up to the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. As long as you don't go too close to fireworks time, you can go up to the bar and enjoy a drink or even some food (they serve the full menu at the bar). At fireworks time head outside to the 15th floor balcony, where they pipe in the music from the fireworks show. You'll have a perfect view of everything!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would go up to the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. As long as you don't go too close to fireworks time, you can go up to the bar and enjoy a drink or even some food (they serve the full menu at the bar). At fireworks time head outside to the 15th floor balcony, where they pipe in the music from the fireworks show. You'll have a perfect view of everything!

Although that's a good idea the restaurant has a special dinner that night and only those that have reservations can get in. (Which are already full by now) Even just to go to the bar they will not be allowed on New Year's Eve.
They could watch them from the 4th floor observation deck if they get there early enough as another option. :)

DisneyJunkie217

Original Poster
Although that's a good idea the restaurant has a special dinner that night and only those that have reservations can get in. (Which are already full by now) Even just to go to the bar they will not be allowed on New Year's Eve.
They could watch them from the 4th floor observation deck if they get there early enough as another option. :)

Yeah, I already did look into the Contemporary viewing area. They wanted to charge $500 per person for the dinner, champagne and fireworks viewing. We are already spending that much to even go to Disney so that was completely out of the picture for us. I was so disappointed at the prices!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yeah, I already did look into the Contemporary viewing area. They wanted to charge $500 per person for the dinner, champagne and fireworks viewing. We are already spending that much to even go to Disney so that was completely out of the picture for us. I was so disappointed at the prices!

Yeah it is very pricey but definately worth it! I hope to do it for New Years one day because we love dining at Cali Grill. But totally understandable that you would not want to incur the extra expense for such a short trip.
Like I mentioned you can watch it for free from the 4th floor of the Contemporary but that will fill up early too. :)

DisneyJunkie217

Original Poster
Yeah it is very pricey but definately worth it! I hope to do it for New Years one day because we love dining at Cali Grill. But totally understandable that you would not want to incur the extra expense for such a short trip.
Like I mentioned you can watch it for free from the 4th floor of the Contemporary but that will fill up early too. :)
I will definitely keep that in mind. thank you! :)

DisneyJunkie217

Original Poster
Does anyone have any experience with Hollywood Studios on New Years? We have an ADR at Bongo's Cuban Café at 7:45PM and seeing that they have EMH that night, I am debating going after dinner.

drp4video

Have been to DHS several times for New Years eve and loved it. Lots to do. Attractions, osbourne lights, fantasmic, and there is usually a band and the fireworks. Park does not seem as crowded as there IS so much to do.

As for seeing the fireworks at MK for New Years Eve, you could try to get a reservation for dinner at the Poly (ate at Ohana then walked down to the beach to see the fireworks), or Narcoosees (although they may have a special dinner) as they pipe in the music and you can see them from the restaurant or just outside.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Have been to DHS several times for New Years eve and loved it. Lots to do. Attractions, osbourne lights, fantasmic, and there is usually a band and the fireworks. Park does not seem as crowded as there IS so much to do.

As for seeing the fireworks at MK for New Years Eve, you could try to get a reservation for dinner at the Poly (ate at Ohana then walked down to the beach to see the fireworks), or Narcoosees (although they may have a special dinner) as they pipe in the music and you can see them from the restaurant or just outside.
DHS? :hilarious:

PhotoDave219

Hi Everyone!

My boyfriend and I are arriving this December 31st for a short stay before our 10 day trip with extended family in September 2016. We will be arriving mid-day New Years Eve (Staying at Pop Century) and we are wanting to catch some fireworks that night. We will most likely arrive after Magic Kingdom reaches capacity (Disney told me they reach capacity normally between 10AM and Noon that day & we are planning to arrive around 3PM), and it's not really worth it to us to purchase tickets even if we can only get into Magic Kingdom for only a few hours. Visiting other parks that night really isn't an option for us either this trip since we are only there for 2 full days & don't want to exhaust ourselves too soon. So FINALLY to my question, where is a good spot on property to catch the New Years Eve fireworks? I am wanting to make it very special for us because New Years Eve is the 4 year anniversary of the day we finally met in person (We met online). Any recommendations will help :)

Thanks in advance everyone! We are so excited for our trip!

I've done all four parks for NYE in over the past several years.

DAK - Wonderful. Quiet. Peaceful. No fireworks but that works for me.

DHS - Good show, hard to get out of the parking lot. Noisemakers get obnoxious. Good alcohol selection.

Epcot - ..... its just Illuminations with a big tag. Seriously. Its a big party, lots of booze, hard to walk around but its the same show they always have with a 2-3 minute tag.

MK - Bedlam. Utter bedlam. No booze but packed beyond belief. Great show, best of all of them.

If youre somehow on top of the Contemporary or BLT, you can see all the shows.

wdwfan22

if you have a car, park at Magic Kingdom and walk to the Polynesian and view the fireworks from there. We have done it the last two years and never have had a problem getting in or out. If you don't have a car cab it to the Polynesian, don't attempt Disney transport or you will be waiting forever after the show.

DisneyJunkie217

Original Poster
We officially decided on DHS for New Years. It was hard to spend the money for the tickets as it came out of the budget for souvenirs but I have a feeling it will be worth it. We ended up with Fast Passes for Indy @ 4:30, Tower of Terror @ 6:00, and Rock n Roller @ 9:45. Thanks to everyone for their input! Much appreciated :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom