The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Does anyone do oyster stuffing? I never had it until a few years ago and I have never actually made it myself but it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Every year, hubby and I go out for this candlelit Victorian Christmas dinner at the historic village nearby and it is a wonderful evening but honestly, I dream about the oyster stuffing and that's a large part of why I go back each year.

Have never made it, but, have had it before. So amazingly good...! :hungry:
Sadly, I'm the only one in my house that loves oysters...raw, fried, and everything in between. I may just have to start making the oyster stuffing for myself. ;)

FutureCEO

So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)

I worked. It was absolutely dead but yet I was still semi-busy. On the plus side...no traffic. I don't work in a mall/store area.

There is a trend with me lately that I buy more this time a year then the rest of the year. I hardly spend anything clothes, electronics etc in the first 3/4 of the year.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , please tell your wonderful Pops that I hope he has a very nice Thanksgiving Day, and that all of your chummies here on Chit Chat are happy he's recovered so well from his surgery. :)

So very sweet of you Minnie! :happy:
Sorry I'm so late, and so far behind.
He is doing awesome...!
Both my mom and pop are just awesome people. It will be hard to lose them someday. But, then again, I could go before them.
Life's a carp shoot. ;)

catmom46

Ok after watching 99% off the parade now I don't know what people are talking about when you say the singing was bad. All the music was prerecorded as far as I can tell so it's CD quality. Do you just mean you don't enjoy musicals?

Most of the singers I saw were pop or country, and not that I don't like that genre of music, I just didn't like those "artists".

Cesar R M

I thinks it is more of a sub-conscience prodding more than anything. It tracks steps, miles, flights of stairs, calories burned, and sleep patterns. It syncs to a smart phone or computer to give day to day comparisons and you can track food and water intake if you really want to go all in. You can also set up a network with your friends where you can see your exercise ranking against how they are doing. I have three total and I'm in last place... :cautious: Desk work will do that to you, but my weekends are stellar! :happy:
the network thing is creepy D:

Cesar R M

OHHHH MY!!!!!

tOSivka.gif

French Quarter

Most of the singers I saw were pop or country, and not that I don't like that genre of music, I just didn't like those "artists".

Ok well that makes sense. Maybe people are just meaning they don't like the type of music and not that it was performed badly. I didn't know a lot of the popular artists personally but I thought the music was fun and added to a festive feel, especially the seasonal songs. And I really loved the musicals and marching bands.

French Quarter

I think a lot of products are giving free 2 days shipping once you get past a certain amount of money.

With the Canadian Amazon, you have to be a Prime member to get the free 2 day shipping. Everyone else gets free standard shipping after you spend $25 or more and can upgrade to 2 day for a fee. I am not a Prime member and never upgrade. I find it still always comes in 2 days. (Can you tell that Amazon is my go-to store?)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)

I don't do Black Friday shopping either anymore. Although I did go into Walmart today around 11am, just to kill some time before we went to see the Good Dinosaur (the animation is amazing by the way). The store wasn't too crowded but more than normal and we didn't stay long. Good deal on your Petsmart outing, I'm sure Jack appreciates it!

Cesar R M

With the Canadian Amazon, you have to be a Prime member to get the free 2 day shipping. Everyone else gets free standard shipping after you spend $25 or more and can upgrade to 2 day for a fee. I am not a Prime member and never upgrade. I find it still always comes in 2 days. (Can you tell that Amazon is my go-to store?)
prime member here, but will remove my membership this 15th :p

Goofyernmost

I upgraded this year on a trial basis because a couple of items were cheaper if I was a prime member. I already had enough ordered to get the free delivery. I don't even know how much it is going to cost yet. I probably will just cancel it anyway. I only use it about three times a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom