Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well it is really Dec. 3rd. I have been receiving more and more new inside info on SWLB and I can see why the date is Dec 3rd. I've also recieved info on FP+ info in regards to fantasy land attractions. However that is for another forum. In regards to SWLB, reasons for the Dec. 3 include just the amount of work left for opening. Out of the things I've been told, what I can say is that yes they've heard and seen the many negative views on DL Version, however they did say that it is planned to be somewhat similar to it. In the Animation Courtyard there will be a E ticket option. That is all I can say right now :)
I will be really surprised if it isn't done by Dec 1. Disney rarely announce specific dates this close and then don't open on time. One way or another they will get it done.

My mistake. Speaking to a source, they mentioned they had gotten their dates switched. However it is interesting to point out that cast members working SWLB have yet to enter the building for prep since the building is still under a lot of construction.

Bolt

My mistake. Speaking to a source, they mentioned they had gotten their dates switched. However it is interesting to point out that cast members working SWLB have yet to enter the building for prep since the building is still under a lot of construction.
I assume their training is: here is a line, people stand in it, let them meet a character 1 at a time.

Chef Kronk

Any hope at all for a soft opening or AP preview prior to 12/1? Was really hoping to see this before we head home.

Sadly, I don't think so. Disney is scrambling as it is to have it ready for 12/1.

There's a tiny chance that they could have a soft opening of some kind on Monday, but I doubt that right now.

Unfortunately no. No type of soft opening at all. Managers and working CM's finally get to enter the finished building the day prior to opening. Giving them a day to prep themselves in the building for the first time as they get ready for opening day.

ChesterKiwi

I just have to say the pylons fit superbly well with the Star Wars theming. The whole building exterior just really goes well with it from what has been seen so far. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom