Use Year....

wolfeman

Original Poster
We have an April use year for SSprings. I'm debating getting DVC at BCV. Is there any benefit of having April as contract use for both sites.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would personally keep the same use year if you can because it just makes it easier to keep track of your points etc. If we ever add on I will try to get the same use year. :)

Bparso87

I have SSR I I just keep adding on to it even know we never stay there. I find always have 11 months with all my points always makes me feel that a can book a hotel. If you do two different resorts u would always be in a 7 month window for all of your points. But I understand why ppl own at two resorts but I would diffently have the same use year. And I believe if u by threw Disney they always try to do that.

lostpro9het

We have an April use year for SSprings. I'm debating getting DVC at BCV. Is there any benefit of having April as contract use for both sites.
The sole benefit would be easier to manage. If they are the same UY you only need to keep up with one banking deadline. If you are asking what is the benefit to April in general, well I would say that if you enjoy going in October or November each year then a April use year would still give you time to bank those points if you decided to cancel a trip by the 30 day mark.
2008bankingchart.gif

ParentsOf4

I intentionally have Use Years that are 4 months apart so I can always book something without having to worry about what happens if I need to cancel after the banking deadline.

For example, one of my memberships has a Use Year of April with a banking deadline of November 30. What if I plan to visit in March? Without multiple Users Years, I run the risk of losing those points if I (for example) decide to cancel in February.

For that March trip, I'd book it using a membership without an April Use Year, which gives me time to use those points elsewhere if I cancel a month or two before.

Bparso87

I intentionally have Use Years that are 4 months apart so I can always book something without having to worry about what happens if I need to cancel after the banking deadline.

For example, one of my memberships has a Use Year of April with a banking deadline of November 30. What if I plan to visit in March? Without multiple Users Years, I run the risk of losing those points if I (for example) decide to cancel in February.

For that March trip, I'd book it using a membership without an April Use Year, which gives me time to use those points elsewhere if I cancel a month or two before.
I really like that idea

JaxFLBear

If you purchase a contract with a different UY month, it will be added as a seperate membership (new member number). You can't easily combine the points from both contacts at the 7 month mark to make a reservation.

If you have different UYs, you have two options when it comes to making a reservation in which you want to use points from both:
  1. Transfer the points from one of the memberships to the other and then make the reservation. You will have to call to use the transferred points.
  2. Make separate reservations (one from each membership) and then have MS link them.

dreamfinder

If you purchase a contract with a different UY month, it will be added as a seperate membership (new member number). You can't easily combine the points from both contacts at the 7 month mark to make a reservation.

If you have different UYs, you have two options when it comes to making a reservation in which you want to use points from both:
  1. Transfer the points from one of the memberships to the other and then make the reservation. You will have to call to use the transferred points.
  2. Make separate reservations (one from each membership) and then have MS link them.

Pretty sure deeds at two different resorts are kept separate, even if they are the same use year. I think it's only same use year/same resort where they can combine two different deeds onto a single contract for management purposes (even though the deeds remain separate).

JaxFLBear

Pretty sure deeds at two different resorts are kept separate, even if they are the same use year.
Yes, but they are all under the same membership number. It's so much easier to combine points at 7 months from multiple home resorts if the UY is the same and they fall under one membership. We have 2 home resorts with the same UY.
I think it's only same use year/same resort where they can combine two different deeds onto a single contract for management purposes (even though the deeds remain separate).
They do not combine same UY/resort into a single contract. They will appear in the system as .1, .2, etc (same applies to different resorts with same UY).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom