Avatar construction aerial updates

BrianLo

Is it just me or does this seem miles away from being finished? I'm guessing a late 2017 finsih.

882998406_gofPo-O.jpg

Radiator Springs Racers November 2010, Opened June 15 2012. Note they haven't even started on the round hub cap.

I still say Pandora looks 'ahead' or at the very minimum on pace with that comparable and I'm still saying first half of 2017.

Sorry bud, go try and stir up trouble in another thread.

HauntedMansionFLA

882998406_gofPo-O.jpg

Radiator Springs Racers November 2010, Opened June 15 2012. Note they haven't even started on the round hub cap.

I still say Pandora looks 'ahead' or at the very minimum on pace with that comparable and I'm still saying first half of 2017.

Thanks for the time line. It helps that there are parts of the floating mountains being constructed off site and being brought in. It's coming along nicely. You can start to see some color being added to the mountains.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
882998406_gofPo-O.jpg

Yeah, I am skeptical of the 2016 rumors, but I agree we are on track for early 2017.

OldBlueEyes

Great to see You back again, Scott! Your fantastic aerials have been greatly missed.
Please, don't let us wait that long 'till the next batch.
(Nice to see Your "Hub"-morph. Still using PhotoMorph, or another prog?)
OBE

cjkeating

There's a hunge chunk of space left unused befind the show buildings.
I'm guessing that's where the coaster was planned to go in.

I'm aware second phases don't happen, but any chance imaginners left it there with the hopes they'd build the coaster later?

View attachment 121000

That was my thought also. Makes sense as the coaster building would have been the most hidden of the three attractions and the two major attractions (simulator/coaster) would have been either side of the river ride.

Who knows, if we are lucky we might get the coaster one day (maybe if the Avatar sequels do well?) but I guess the chance of a Disney phase 2 is really about 1%!

Cesar R M

There's a hunge chunk of space left unused befind the show buildings.
I'm guessing that's where the coaster was planned to go in.

I'm aware second phases don't happen, but any chance imaginners left it there with the hopes they'd build the coaster later?

View attachment 121000
they probably will end being the costume department and staging areas? (offices, costuming, maintenance..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom