working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like as I'm in the same boat. I did LS's 5 advanced miles and silly me did the first mile with 5 pounds in each hand:hilarious:. @MinnieM123 would be so happy as I also bundled up and went out for a nice quick 1 1/2 mile walk. I still have some cooking and cleaning today but most of the cleaning is almost done for today. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Glad you enjoyed the wonderful, crisp air outside!! I'm proud of you--you're coming along nicely! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Sometimes I'm glad we don't have Thanksgiving here...it's busy enough without it. Next week is DS's birthday, so I have to clean and bake up a storm for that, we're also knee-deep in paper mâchét for Sinterklaas celebrations at school, and the Christmas market is in 3 weeks. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. But I got a call to work tonight, so I'll be able to work out some stress riding my bike there and back, and also probably walking several miles. So maybe I'll feel better.

My mom's place is too small to host Thanksgiving, so she cooks and brings it here. She lives only a few blocks away. I host and cook Christmas dinner. My husband is from the UK and he loves traditional Thanksgiving food. I think it's the novelty of the North American fare (pumpkin, sweet potatoes) for him.

epcotisbest

Wow, so much to be thankful for. Turkey on the Big Green Egg turned out great, very moist and tender. Lots of delicious sides and desserts too. Only exercise I got yesterday was extra arm workout moving fork back and forth from plate to mouth way too many times. Leaf blowing and yard work today to burn a few extra calories.
My wife and her best friend left at 4 a.m. For their annual Black Friday shopping trip. They have made this a tradition for years, not specifically shopping for anything in particular, they just like being a part of the madness. I don't get it, but if I ever start understanding either one of them then I suppose something will be very out of whack in our little world. They have fun and quite literally shop till they drop.
I'm making turkey salad with Wickles Pickles relish for lunch. The two happy shoppers won't be back until supper time or later but there are plenty of leftovers to last for a few days.
Hope everyone has a safe, happy and productive weekend.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, so much to be thankful for. Turkey on the Big Green Egg turned out great, very moist and tender. Lots of delicious sides and desserts to. Only exercise I got yesterday was extra arm workout moving fork back and forth from plate to mouth way too many times. Leaf blowing and yard work today to burn a few extra calories.
My wife and her best friend left at 4 a.m. For their annual Black Friday shopping trip. They have made this a tradition for years, not specifically shopping for anything in particular, they just like being a part of the madness. I don't get it, but if I ever start understanding either one of them then I suppose something will be very out of whack in our little world. They have fun and quite literally shop till they drop.
I'm making turkey salad with Wickles Pickles relish for lunch. The two happy shoppers won't be back until supper time or later but there are plenty of leftovers to last for a few days.
Hope everyone has a safe, happy and productive weekend.
Those pickles seem so yummy! I looked and can't find them here:( Do you know what type of peppers they have in them? I might try and make my own with out sugar, I'm hoping stevia works

epcotisbest

Those pickles seem so yummy! I looked and can't find them here:( Do you know what type of peppers they have in them? I might try and make my own with out sugar, I'm hoping stevia works
Yes, it is bread and butter pickles but includes garlic and peppers to give the spicy kick. The combination of the sweetness of the bread and butter pickles and spicyness makes them unusual and a flavor I really like. Very good with sandwiches too. I like the pickles and the relish.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, it is bread and butter pickles but includes garlic and peppers to give the spicy kick. The combination of the sweetness of the bread and butter pickles and spicyness makes them unusual and a flavor I really like. Very good with sandwiches too. I like the pickles and the relish.
THNX I make a sugar free bread and butter for eating not canning so I'll try adding in some garlic and peppers and see how it goes

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So how did traditional and BBQ thanksgiving turn out? We had smoked turkey and it was over the top good.
THNX for asking other than being a bit exhausting doing everything it was excellent or so I heard. Who knew brussels sprouts would be a big hit. I made about 10 pounds or so and they're gone. I thought my ds and I would be the only ones eating those and I'd have a bit for the weekend, they're on my shopping list:hilarious: I was pretty good yesterday other than a few corn chips with fresh salsa and 1 1/2 glasses of wine. I didn't even touch the mac and cheese. From what I heard putting it in the smoker was a good idea taste not diet wise.

epcotisbest

THNX for asking other than being a bit exhausting doing everything it was excellent or so I heard. Who knew brussels sprouts would be a big hit. I made about 10 pounds or so and they're gone. I thought my ds and I would be the only ones eating those and I'd have a bit for the weekend, they're on my shopping list:hilarious: I was pretty good yesterday other than a few corn chips with fresh salsa and 1 1/2 glasses of wine. I didn't even touch the mac and cheese. From what I heard putting it in the smoker was a good idea taste not diet wise.
Yes, it can be tiring. We had two different gatherings to go to, and spent a lot of time preparing, then transporting our part of the feast. Worth it though, for the food and fellowship.
Confession...I have never in all my 55 years ever tasted Brussels sprouts.

epcotisbest

Did not really answer the question did I? I just read the label on the Wickles and the pepper is Red Chili Pepper. In the relish there is also red bell pepper.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK Figgy, don't look.
10 lbs smoked turkey breast draped in bacon prepared on the grill. It turned out wonderful, very moist and juicy. The bacon adds flavor and juiciness, and just about anything wrapped in bacon is tasty.
View attachment 120988

Cue the applause meter!!! :joyfull: That looks outstanding!!! I have a friend who roasts her turkey in the oven and she also drapes the bacon slices over the top of it. Said it really keeps the turkey moist in the roasting, and when she goes to serve it at the table, her family all fights over who gets one of the bacon pieces, too! :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Cue the applause meter!!! :joyfull: That looks outstanding!!! I have a friend who roasts her turkey in the oven and she also drapes the bacon slices over the top of it. Said it really keeps the turkey moist in the roasting, and when she goes to serve it at the table, her family all fights over who gets one of the bacon pieces, too! :hungry:
My dh never tried bacon on poultry in the smoker. He puts poultry in in long enough to get the smoke flavor and has me finish it off in the oven. He's watching his sodium so no bacon for him. he is thinking about smoking a pork belly :facepalm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm almost back on schedule with 5 advanced miles done and seeing I feel pretty good I may do a bit more when the laundry is caught up. Cranberries and brussels sprouts were on sale yesterday so I stocked up:) the asparagus was also on sale but looked awful so I passed on that:( I'm going to make a large salad for lunch and I have some finely chopped cucumbers, onion, hot red chili pepper and garlic sitting in raw vinegar with a bit of raw honey. I'm sure it's not Wickles but I'm hoping it will work in a salad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom