AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

CUmyTjtUYAEViCb.jpg

blog mickey with some new shots today

Tom

Beta Return
sK1VSCs.jpg

im curious why they would cover/tarp that area?
construction gurus

Without a better look, my best guess is it's a screen to prevent overspray onto the work site while they're spraying paint or something else on the other side of it.

This

I appears to be covering the vines, so it might be to protect them while they spray the concrete onto the rockwork mesh.

And/or this.

Also, protecting work completed from weather. Especially plaster.

Thanks.
Yes, I've wondered about it - and my sons and I have questioned it.
Wondering why it's a themed tree in a part of the park that the public doesn't have access to.

Because a cell tower in guest view isn't magical.

TyTrap

So where is the main entrance for flight of passage? Are they making the queue for that go through the mountain wall it'll look like you're scaling the pandoran mountain range?

Disney Analyst

That's it, they are installing the Gas Giant. ;)

Also lord knows I hope there is never an EarthQuake. I am sure they are built with all natural disasters in mind.... But gosh, they are mind blowing how they just hover there... I know it's essentially a giant arch, but still....

Last edited:

roj2323

It's amazing to me that they waited this long to install tower cranes. I would have thought they would have installed them over a year ago when they were first erecting the steel skeleton of the ride building. I'm thinking something changed or disney finally relented and gave the ok after some higher up got annoyed by the slow progress.

EdC

It's amazing to me that they waited this long to install tower cranes.

Tower cranes are fairly fixed in how far they can reach with loads. They also prevent other large and mobile cranes from working in close vicinity and would be difficult to use when affixing all the different sized pieces that make up the non-uniform mountain shapes. Combining both approaches actually is more effective and reduces final completion time.

It'll be interesting how they choose to work on the upper areas of the rockwork. Shotcrete is an obvious choice, but there may be limits in how high the equipment can service. They may be forced to use the tower cranes to lift material to the higher levels and have the material manually applied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom