The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does anyone do oyster stuffing? I never had it until a few years ago and I have never actually made it myself but it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Every year, hubby and I go out for this candlelit Victorian Christmas dinner at the historic village nearby and it is a wonderful evening but honestly, I dream about the oyster stuffing and that's a large part of why I go back each year.
No but I make an oyster stew as part of the 7 fishes on Christmas eve

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ahem, so I'll be here in June 2016...

SleepingBeautyCastle.JPG
Congrats and enjoy

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for your concern, but, I didn't move all the way to North Carolina just because of the weather, a very large part of the move was because my daughters both lived here and I wanted to be near them. Because of that I will indeed be heading over to one of their homes (the closest one) tomorrow afternoon where I will be with both of them and my 4 grandkids plus Nila the dog. I shall be well taken care of, I'm sure.

Eye update... It finally has started to get better. Nowhere near where it needs to be, but at least is making a move in the proper direction. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now.
I'm glad things are improving and enjoy the day with your family.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nice. I'm at $1.92 Tomorrow will likely be more being a holiday and all, I will take it though 'till some made up trump'd up reason to double the price again. Jaded enough to know it will happen.

Doesn't make a difference to me now. Yesterday out of nowhere my SUV started to whine and squeal. Put it in a parking spot as the whine lessened and my DD and I grabbed a bite to eat and when I came out the car started right up but klunked when I put her in reverse and would not go in reverse. My mechanic called a tow truck and he dropped me home, I sent my DD home in a taxi cause she needed to get to work. Didn't even hear from mechanic, he is good but boy he is busy. Kid will be driving to Thanksgiving tomorrow. So strange even when it was squealing the gears and acceleration was just fine.
Sympathy like, I hope it's nothing too serious

Figgy1

Premium Member
Happy Thanksgiving! The smoker is fired up and the first bit of food is already in it. I went to bed before the boys and they left a bit of a mess so I'm off to get everything ready only 8 1/2 hours left to get everything done. LOL I'm not complaining as I'm ahead of schedule and might get to sit for a bit today! Something I never seem to get to do on most holidays. @betty rose and @Cesar R M I hope you have better than expected weather today! xoxo

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well @donaldtoo the Texans are nice people here. I told you I rescued the young girl from the snow? Look what she just brought me as a thank you!

CUsxB8DWEAAhRSU.jpg

I could hardly hear her speak, she is so quiet and then she sprinted across the street. Next thing I have to teach her is not to run where there is black ice.

Seem to me like you have a nice new friend!! :) Obviously, they appreciate your recent kind gestures.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Something to be thankful for. Glad it is getting a bit better. One of the two eyes my Mom had done last year did that too. It took a few days longer than the Doc had thought but she is seeing so well now. I wish for you the same. :inlove:

You know, that really seems to be the case for these (various) eye procedures. The recovery period is always longer than what they tell the patients. He's about the 4th person I know that has been disappointed in the length of time it's taking, and the age of the patients has varied. So it's not related to age; the recovery period takes quite a while and it's a drag. However, once recovered, all the people I know that went through procedures, were happy they did it, as their vision improved.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nice. I'm at $1.92 Tomorrow will likely be more being a holiday and all, I will take it though 'till some made up trump'd up reason to double the price again. Jaded enough to know it will happen.

Doesn't make a difference to me now. Yesterday out of nowhere my SUV started to whine and squeal. Put it in a parking spot as the whine lessened and my DD and I grabbed a bite to eat and when I came out the car started right up but klunked when I put her in reverse and would not go in reverse. My mechanic called a tow truck and he dropped me home, I sent my DD home in a taxi cause she needed to get to work. Didn't even hear from mechanic, he is good but boy he is busy. Kid will be driving to Thanksgiving tomorrow. So strange even when it was squealing the gears and acceleration was just fine.

Oh dear, sympathy like. I know that "feeling" when you see a tow truck towing your car . . . :(

I hope the mechanic can fix the problem and it won't cost you an arm and a leg to fix.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Jennifer, I was thinking about you yesterday and today. I know you're up there in Canada and this is not your holiday today, but you seem so much like the rest of us down here, that I just "assume" you're also celebrating Thanksgiving with us!! I know that Canada has it's own Thanksgiving celebration on another date, but you sure seem like "family" to me, and I also want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from me!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom