Lumberjacks end 11/24

Clamman73

Jon81uk

From what I can find, it looks like the Paul McKenna Band debut last year was on 11/26, so I guess this is the next group on for one year...The lady playing the drum type instrument (not sure what it's called) looks like same person from Paul McKenna group.

and replacing some of the entertainment on a one or two year schedule feels like a pretty good thing. Very few of these shows have a permanent set-up, especially the bands in the UK pavilion so it should be fairly simple to make regular changes and keep things fresh.
This is also why I don't think Off Kilter should come back, bring something new in.
About the only show that shouldn't change as much is China, keeping a circus show makes a lot of sense, but they can switch acts out regularly, or change the routines.

NearTheEars

No no no..... It really was just an accident that the lumberjacks made it to Epcot. The guy that found them said he had no intention of actually bringing them into the company.

And I know the powers that be in California received people's thoughts on the new show shortly after it started.

If they lost hope shortly after they came in, why bother constructing that log rolling pool? Seems like a wasted expense.

wannabeBelle

Someone else had responded that it was probably a contractual thing, that Disney had to provide the Jacks with the tools to make them successful to the best of their ability, but I honestly dont know. It didnt look terribly permanent though right down to the garden hose to fill up the pool. Whatever the reason, I am just glad that this act is no longer at Disney, and music will be back on the stage starting tomorrow. The combination of the Mulch cast members and the Off Kilter cast members should be pretty awesome to see!!! Marie

Nubs70

I still think removing the stage completely and setting up a permanent counter-service cheddar cheese soup, pretzel, and Moosehead building (similar to Yorkshire County Fish Shop) is a better way to go. Add in a few wood-looking tables and log-shaped chairs and you'll have an area that holds the same number of guests (averaged over a period of time) than any performance based show ever could. Performances cost money, cheddar cheese soup and beer make money. Cirque du Soleil is Canadian... toss in a face painted juggler in tights and an accordion player on stilts and call it a day.

The above paragraph was written with an equal amounts of satire and fear that it might actually give someone an idea... and become a reality.
Cirque is French Canadian

dizda

Well, that didn't last long, and I hope this is a trend. Most acts do get stale after a few years. Unless a group is able to develop a new act every few years, having shorter contracts and actually replacing entertainment on a regular basis seems like a positive development. Hopefully, there will be room for some favorite performers from past entertainment options in the new groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom