PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

EngineJoe

I always did wonder why they used the name Pizza Planet for such a generic little place... after all the name does evoke the awesome place from the movie with the huge arcade, the spaceship, and the weird milkshake dispensers (that i would pay so very much for). I feel like this restaurant was a placeholder or something put in for the extra capacity the park once had and so more food was needed. I just can't wait to see this place used for a better purpose! I still remember the sad little arcade from my experience there a few years back and thinking about how desolate the place looked!

Probably because they skimped on budget.

Look at Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Tommorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland:

It's like Pooh's Honey Pot. The Tokyo Disneyland version is a $130 million trackless ride and blows away the stale Magic Kingdom version.

Jon81uk

I always did wonder why they used the name Pizza Planet for such a generic little place... after all the name does evoke the awesome place from the movie with the huge arcade, the spaceship, and the weird milkshake dispensers (that i would pay so very much for). I feel like this restaurant was a placeholder or something put in for the extra capacity the park once had and so more food was needed. I just can't wait to see this place used for a better purpose! I still remember the sad little arcade from my experience there a few years back and thinking about how desolate the place looked!

Don't go to Paris then, their Pizza Planet is even less like the film.

buzz-lightyears-pizza-planet-disneyland-paris.jpg

admiral-ari-x

It's like Pooh's Honey Pot. The Tokyo Disneyland version is a $130 million trackless ride and blows away the stale Magic Kingdom version.

What I wouldn't give to see all of the parks taken care of like Japan... :cry: They can do no wrong!

Don't go to Paris then, their Pizza Planet is even less like the film.

buzz-lightyears-pizza-planet-disneyland-paris.jpg

Isn't Walt Disney Studios just a desolate wasteland of a park? I haven't heard many positives about that place...

admiral-ari-x

This is in Discoveryland (Tommorrowland) in the Disneyland Park!!
Oh man, really! Tony Baxter designed most of that though, did they run out of funding? I'll give them the fact that they at least have the claw thing in the middle, but the WDW Pizza Planet looks like a generic brick wall pizzeria/ empty basement.

Jon81uk

Oh man, really! Tony Baxter designed most of that though, did they run out of funding? I'll give them the fact that they at least have the claw thing in the middle, but the WDW Pizza Planet looks like a generic brick wall pizzeria/ empty basement.

It's not in the original Discoveryland fortunately, its in a generic building round the back of Space Mountain (might even be outside the rail tracks).

admiral-ari-x

It's not in the original Discoveryland fortunately, its in a generic building round the back of Space Mountain (might even be outside the rail tracks).
Oh, thank god! I was about to say, Disney's screwed Tony over a million times, this was nearly another example :depressed: Thanks for clearing things up! You learn something everyday!

djlaosc

What I wouldn't give to see all of the parks taken care of like Japan... :cry: They can do no wrong!

Isn't Walt Disney Studios just a desolate wasteland of a park? I haven't heard many positives about that place...

I have to say, having just come back from there last month - I didn't think that it was as bad as I had read about. Sure, it needs a thematic overhaul, and there are some attractions that need to close (I'm looking at you Studio Backlot Tour, Armageddon), but there are some good attractions in there - it just needs to continue improving.

brb1006

I'm so jealous right now you have no idea!

*Q*

This is not pizza
images

This is Pizza:
Giordanos-Pizza.jpg

There's 3 Giordano's pizza locations to choose from, all nearby, so there's no excuse.

I just had to chime in and say that the one time I ate at Giordano's I found it to be immensely unremarkable and vastly overpriced. I much prefer Uno's.

barkerbird

I really hope that Pizza Planet is closing for the placement of a new and improved restaurant in Toy Story Land. I always said the current version is such a missed opportunity on a potentially fantastic family restaurant. You can't even order a decent pizza here. It's the same mini pizza they serve in the resort food court. I could see a great photo op outside with the delivery truck before entering an actual arcade environment complete with the claw machine from the movie and the soda machines. Instead we got this:
image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I really hope that Pizza Planet is closing for the placement of a new and improved restaurant in Toy Story Land. I always said the current version is such a missed opportunity on a potentially fantastic family restaurant. You can't even order a decent pizza here. It's the same mini pizza they serve in the resort food court. I could see a great photo op outside with the delivery truck before entering an actual arcade environment complete with the claw machine from the movie and the soda machines. Instead we got this:View attachment 122991

I posted this much early this year but yes you are correct. It is the same pizza. It is frozen pizza based out Chicago. Yeah for Illinois tax base but really? This is the best Disney can do? It is chicken dogs and chicken nuggets vs chicken strips all over again. I remember when the QS pizzas were fairly good at WDW when my kids were young. (young 20 somethings now) We could order a large pizza when we got back to the resorts after the parks closed and fill our tummies. I posted this a few months ago and it explains why all the QS pizza stinks minus that little window outside Via Napoli which is their own or the new pizza offered on the Boardwalk.
B2vXO1NIEAAbVHG.jpg

Inside the Magic Photo

At the IAAPA convention, the largest international trade association for amusement parks.
Pizza Company headquarter in Chicago.

Cmdr_Crimson

I really hope that Pizza Planet is closing for the placement of a new and improved restaurant in Toy Story Land. I always said the current version is such a missed opportunity on a potentially fantastic family restaurant. You can't even order a decent pizza here. It's the same mini pizza they serve in the resort food court. I could see a great photo op outside with the delivery truck before entering an actual arcade environment complete with the claw machine from the movie and the soda machines. Instead we got this:View attachment 122991

Never understood why when they removed Woody's statue off the rocket and left Buzz at that odd Angle...They could easily have moved him to the center...It has bugged me ever since I've seen it..
toy-story-pizza-planet3-big.jpg

I posted this much early this year but yes you are correct. It is the same pizza. It is frozen pizza based out Chicago. Yeah for Illinois tax base but really? This is the best Disney can do? It is chicken dogs and chicken nuggets vs chicken strips all over again. I remember when the QS pizzas were fairly good at WDW when my kids were young. (young 20 somethings now) We could order a large pizza when we got back to the resorts after the parks closed and fill our tummies. I posted this a few months ago and it explains why all the QS pizza stinks minus that little window outside Via Napoli which is their own or the new pizza offered on the Boardwalk.
B2vXO1NIEAAbVHG.jpg

Inside the Magic Photo

At the IAAPA convention, the largest international trade association for amusement parks.
Pizza Company headquarter in Chicago.

Interesting....I don't work to far from them.....Maybe I should take a visit and slap them....Their pizza is G to the R to the O. S.S.

MonorailLover

It is outside the berm.

It's also seasonal.
Not to mention, it smells like urine,and is a buffet...... It's a wasteland of chairs and tables now, not even the rocket was in the middle when I went in April. All that was Pizza Planetish was one of the fake cylons outside the door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom