How strict is the Wishes FP+ entrance time?

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Our FP+ says we can enter the viewing area from 8:40-8:55, but I've been reading a bunch of other people who claim to be entering upwards of two hours earlier.

Is that true? Can we enter earlier, or are we restricted to that specific fifteen minute slot?

Thank you! :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You can certainly get in earlier than that time frame, however, I'm not sure how much earlier... I know last time I used it, we were there at least 10-15 minutes before Celebrate started and there were already a fair number of people in ahead of us. The FP area for Wishes is typically open for anyone to sit in during the day. I think it closes at 8 pm and I'd guess you can probably go into that area for your FP reservation either at that time or shortly after. However, it's really not necessary. In my experience (unless they've bumped up the amount of people in the FP area) there was PLENTY of room right up to and during the showtime (like enough room that if everyone stood with their arms out, they could spin around and not hit anyone else), so no need to get there super early...

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I think as long as you are there before Wishes and have a FP they would have no problem letting you in. I actually tried that new area on our May trip this year and I was very pleased with it. I think that will be one that I always employ on the last night of our trip. I know some people feel like the sacrifice some freedom for it but I honestly feel like it gives me more freedom to go and do stuff and not worry about camping out a good place to watch Wishes. I think the new places are very well done.

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
If you are going to wait in a spot two hours early for Wishes, then why bother with a FastPass? The whole idea of a FP is that you can turn up 20 minutes before showtime and have access to an area with fewer people in it.

Oh, no no - I wasn't planning on entering that early! I just meant that two hours is such a drastic difference from entering five minutes before Celebrate the Magic starts. If we could get in there twenty minutes early, I'd be happy - we've never been in that area and I'm not sure how many people will be crowded in, so. Just didn't want it to be Wishes Main Street Chaos 2.0.

Thank you for your help everyone! :)

Raineman

You can certainly get in earlier than that time frame, however, I'm not sure how much earlier... I know last time I used it, we were there at least 10-15 minutes before Celebrate started and there were already a fair number of people in ahead of us. The FP area for Wishes is typically open for anyone to sit in during the day. I think it closes at 8 pm and I'd guess you can probably go into that area for your FP reservation either at that time or shortly after. However, it's really not necessary. In my experience (unless they've bumped up the amount of people in the FP area) there was PLENTY of room right up to and during the showtime (like enough room that if everyone stood with their arms out, they could spin around and not hit anyone else), so no need to get there super early...
So if anyone ever sees someone in the Wishes FP area, spinning around with their arms outstretched, we know who to blame ;)

stillgoofy

We were there a couple weeks ago with FP and our arrival time was 7:40-7:55 for an 8:00 show. We got there a little before 7:40 and the garden area was almost full, yikes. I had no idea they let folks in early. We did find a place to sit no prob though right before the Celebrate the Magic started. The good thing is that they don't overdo the FP so it seems like whatever time you come you can find a spot. We really enjoyed being able to sit down on the lawn and watch both the castle show and the fireworks. It was very relaxing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom