Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

Longers

Original Poster
Great report. I'm really happy that you had a great trip, a great birthday and a safe trip back home. Start planning your trip for next year. It'll keep you busy and prevent you from being sad lol.

Thanks for following along and your comments along the way.
Planning for next year has started and the countdown has already been updated on the wall at work 347 days to go......

I love your Lumiere and Cogsworth! They look so great together :happy:

They do look good together don't they. I am happy there both together as when I bought the lumiere in 2013 I wanted a Cogsworth and now I have one!
Thanks for following along

LisaBelle

I LOVE Lumiere and Cogsworth! They look perfect on your mantle. Thank you for your wonderful report. I loved following along with you.

Minnesota disney fan

I am still having issues updating my final day photos but I have just managed to get this one of lumiere and Cogsworth and thought of you'd like to see them both together.......

Ahhh,,,,,,

View attachment 120438

What I would just point out is that Cogsworth is rather noisy as his pendulum knocks on the side to make it work but that doesn't bother us (yet) but you don't notice that in the shop as I guess it's noisier there.

I love him all the same.

Roger builds grandfather clocks, so he sometimes has to dampen the pendulum with felt pads. Just a thought if it makes you crazy, or he (and I) could just fly over and fix it for you! :):)

smk

I always thought the traffic lights hanging on the wire was strange!!! Always am afraid they are going to fall down! We are so alike haha.. I've never seen it anywhere else but Orlando!
We have them here in Indianapolis! When the wind blows it is scay for sure! That is exactly what causes so many traffic problems after a storm.
P.S. so enjoying the report, I am just taking the time to read it this weekend. I so love your love of WDW and I feel your pain about leaving. When we retire our plans are to buy an RV and spend most of the winter there, some at FW camping in the RV and some in RV parks around orlando so we can go whenever our hearts desire!

Longers

Original Poster
Roger builds grandfather clocks, so he sometimes has to dampen the pendulum with felt pads. Just a thought if it makes you crazy, or he (and I) could just fly over and fix it for you! :):)

Thanks for the tip - we may need to add some felt - he is certainly making his presence felt! And fly over if you like we will happily show you around London.

I need a Cogsworth.. may have put him on my Christmas list! This is your fault!! LOL

Sorry - are you adding ice cream too?

We have them here in Indianapolis! When the wind blows it is scay for sure! That is exactly what causes so many traffic problems after a storm.
P.S. so enjoying the report, I am just taking the time to read it this weekend. I so love your love of WDW and I feel your pain about leaving. When we retire our plans are to buy an RV and spend most of the winter there, some at FW camping in the RV and some in RV parks around orlando so we can go whenever our hearts desire!

I wonder why they do them that way? I guess it's as the roads are quite wide. They sway in the slightest of breezes from what we saw so I'd hate to think what a really windy day looks like.
Thanks for your comments on the report, it's nice to know people were reading after all the time it takes to write.
I love WDW with a passion, everyone thinks I'm mad but I don't care. It's like an addiction but this one doesn't harm anyone and it just makes them happy.
I love your retirement plans - sounds like heaven :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom