BOG breakfast, hearing bad reviews... Any feedback?

NonnaT

Original Poster
Hi, I've been hearing a little chatter that BOG breakfast was less than stellar, in fact, the word I heard was very poor service AND food. :jawdrop: Anybody been who can report back? Thanks,
Nonna

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Had a wonderful experience several weeks ago. Food arrived promptly, was hot, fresh and delicious! We would definitely go back. :hungry:

belledream

Ate there twice on our past trip. It was a wonderful experience! Got the Cronut, open-faced sandwich, cured meats and cheese plate (fave) and the eggs florentine. Based on food alone, the price may seem steep, but BOG is a beautiful place and made the meal even more fun for us!

Jahona

Dined for breakfast twice in July. The first experience was fine but the second wasn't that great. I had issues with a miss communication between the chef and the manager. Check the menu a head of time as the selection is small. The pastries were probably my favorite part of the meal.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you haven't been, go. I hear great reviews about that high end place at Grand Floridian. Wasn't impressed. So I always recommend trying it for yourself.

Just went this week. It's ok. I don't feel the need to go back. I had the open faced sandwich which was tasty but mine was cold. Feel the price is a bit steep for what you get. BUT it did allow us to finish by 8:45am and head straight to Anna and Elsa which I could not get a FP for. They let people in before the park opened so We only had to wait 10 mins. 8;45 was the breaking point. I turned around and there was a huge line behind us. So in that respect the few extra bucks in breakfast got is a "fast pass" for A & E.

Mukta

I loved my breakfast there. Service was fine and the food was delicious. Sept 2015

IMG_9309_zpsralhwms0.jpg

RiceCrispyMickey

I can't complain about our experience. We went at 9.35 and it was fine, food did take a while to come out (maybe 15 mins - so not that long) but it came out hot and was very tasty! I'd go again!

NonnaT

Original Poster
Thank you all! Of course, I should have considered that an unsatisfied customer is more likely to post than a happy one! My bad!
I am looking forward to our breakfast on 12/17 and will report back the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Jae99

Thank you all! Of course, I should have considered that an unsatisfied customer is more likely to post than a happy one! My bad!
I am looking forward to our breakfast on 12/17 and will report back the good, the bad, and the ugly!
We will be at BOG on 12/15. I will give you an update.

yedliW

We went last week. I enjoyed my meal, I had the open face bacon and egg sandwich.. but it came with scrambled eggs, not poached. I didn't specify that I wanted it that way, and would have preferred poached.. My mom ordered the croque Madame, and it was served luke-warm at best.. she couldn't finish it. The OJ was a bad mix from the dispenser, and not good.

Based on how hard it is to get a reservation, and the cost of it, we probably won't return. It is only worth it if you are using the DDP. I don't see it as a good value for paying OOP.. but that's just me.

danyoung56

I only had breakfast there once, so my situation probably is not typical. I had a Magic Band, but for whatever reason the system didn't recognize it. So 15 minutes passed, then 20, then 25, and then I started flagging down waiters. It took the third waiter before he actually brought my food. And then I had to flag down another waiter to bring my pastries. I had booked a time before park open, and was really looking forward to eating and then being positioned well for SDMT when it opened. This didn't work out well at all. The food was OK, and I really love that room. I'll try it again, and hopefully the same thing won't happen.

rob0519

We went once back in July. The price is pretty steep and the selection is incredibly limited. What is available is somewhat more European than most Americans may like. We found the food to be above average and would go back again providing we are on the dining plan. It is definitely not worth the out of pocket price to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom