#2 WR
#3 WR
#1 TE
#1 RB
#2 RB
#1 Center
#1 OLB
#1 Safety

All out on Injured Reserve.. not injured.. but IR done for the year. Over 37.5 million in cap money doing absolutely nothing for the team. It's going to look like a Strike year from here on out...

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers back on top! Great performance, especially by the defense holding Peterson to under 50 yards. Still have some things to fix, with drops and not being on the same page, but definitely a step in the right direction. Still a tough rest of the schedule from here, including two divisional games in the next two weeks, games against Dallas and Arizona, and a game against Minnesota to finish the season.

Flower'sChild

Even after Dallas won today I still noticed someone on Facebook post saying Romo is not good. It is unbelievable that anyone would still think that Romo is not good. Anyways Dallas won and the Eagles lost so that is very good. Dallas is only 2 games behind the Giants and first place in the NFC East. If Dallas can win on Thursday and give the Panthers their first loss (and I understand that is a very big if) that will be huge and it will be even better if the Lions beat the Eagles. The Giants play the Redskins next Sunday and I think it's better for the Cowboys if the Redskins win that game. Not only would that mean that the Giants lose, it will mean that the Giant lose a division game and that can be important for the Cowboys if it comes down to tie-breakers. Now of course the Redskins winning will mean that the Redskins will still at least be one game ahead of the Cowboys. However the Cowboys still have 2 games against the Redskins, so the Cowboys can take care of the Redskins by themselves. The Cowboys don't play the Giants anymore. Even after losing 7 games in a row the Cowboys are still alive. However the Cowboys need to win of course. Not sure if 8-8 will get us in the playoffs, however with this division it might. However I am hoping that we will just go 9-7. Go Cowboys!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
maybe it's because you just got ONE win.. for a total of three... and you're talking about winning the division. You gotta play the panthers, jets, and bills still... and talking about getting to 8-8 or 9-7???

This is why memes like this are easy pickin' after a cowboy win..
cowboys.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Going to be a close one for me in fantasy. Nearly all the teams in my league are having awful weeks, which has allowed me to stay afloat today. If Lynch would have been ruled out early, instead of making it sound like he was likely to play, I would have played Martin instead and be easily ahead of my opponent. Instead I have Tyler Eifert, Chris Johnson and the Cardinals D/ST playing right now. My opponent has Andy Dalton tonight and Charles Clay tomorrow. It will be tight as I'm only ahead by 13 right now. DeAndre Hopkins is my only productive player this week, as Derek Carr got me 6 points. James Jones is the only player my opponent has that has done him well.

Flower'sChild

maybe it's because you just got ONE win.. for a total of three... and you're talking about winning the division. You gotta play the panthers, jets, and bills still... and talking about getting to 8-8 or 9-7???

View attachment 120412

No it's because if someone says Romo is no good they they clearly don't know what they're talking about. Also Romo has not lost one game this year. As for the division I didn't say we will for sure win it. I am just saying we have a chance of winning it. Also yes I am talking about how we might can get to 9-7 or 8-8. Also notice that I'm not saying we will for sure get to 9-7 or 8-8, however we might and we for sure have a chance. No one in the NFC East is doing that good. As for the picture about Cowboys fans coming out of hiding because they got one win. Well I was never hiding when the Cowboys lost 7 in a row and I know a lot of other Cowboys fans were never hiding when we lost 7 in a row.

PUSH

Original Poster
Just also noticed Thomas Rawls got 65 points, and I nearly dropped Travis Kelce to play Rawls as my flex. :banghead:

Flower'sChild

Packers back on top! Great performance, especially by the defense holding Peterson to under 50 yards. Still have some things to fix, with drops and not being on the same page, but definitely a step in the right direction. Still a tough rest of the schedule from here, including two divisional games in the next two weeks, games against Dallas and Arizona, and a game against Minnesota to finish the season.

Even after the Packers lost 3 in a row and lost to the Lions, I still thought some people were over reacting when they talked about the Packers. True it was not good for the Packers that they lost 3 in a row. However I always thought that they could turn it around easily.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No it's because if someone says Romo is no good they they clearly don't know what they're talking about. Also Romo has not lost one game this year

Romo is a great franchise quarterback for Dallas.. but he's never put it all together all season so not sure why people want to adore him. He's a great story... but an even greater poster child of 'misses'.

'not lost one game this year'... Isn't that like saying "Division leaders - week 2". He's played in 2.5 games.. :rolleyes:

What is good for Dallas is they've finally gotten more of their players back.. and the rest of the NFC East still looks awful with no hope in sight.

But throwing two picks and still managing to beat Miami isn't exactly a resume to boost greatness over.

I am just saying we have a chance of winning it. Also yes I am talking about how we might can get to 9-7 or 8-8. Also notice that I'm not saying we will for sure get to 9-7 or 8-8, however we might and we for sure have a chance

I have a chance at winning powerball.... but I'm not going all...
chance.jpg

As for the picture about Cowboys fans coming out of hiding because they got one win. Well I was never hiding when the Cowboys lost 7 in a row and I know a lot of other Cowboys fans were never hiding when we lost 7 in a row.

But you're seeing 6-0 from here on out in the tea leaves... after beating Miami.

Flower'sChild

Romo is a great franchise quarterback for Dallas.. but he's never put it all together all season so not sure why people want to adore him. He's a great story... but an even greater poster child of 'misses'.

'not lost one game this year'... Isn't that like saying "Division leaders - week 2". He's played in 2.5 games.. :rolleyes:

What is good for Dallas is they've finally gotten more of their players back.. and the rest of the NFC East still looks awful with no hope in sight.

But throwing two picks and still managing to beat Miami isn't exactly a resume to boost greatness over.

I have a chance at winning powerball.... but I'm not going all...
View attachment 120417

But you're seeing 6-0 from here on out in the tea leaves... after beating Miami.

There is a huge difference between someone saying Romo can't win the big game in the playoffs (or has trouble winning the big game) and someone else saying he's a bad quarterback. When I posted here I was talking about how I noticed someone on Facebook saying that he was a bad quarterback.

Also I am not sure what you mean by saying that I am seeing Dallas go 6-0 just because they beat Miami? All I was trying to say is since Dallas is a much better team with Romo and since they are only 2 games behind the Giants and first place in the NFC East, that their chances of winning the division are not as bad as a lot of people might think. Actually every team in the NFC East has a legitimate chance of winning the division.

Flower'sChild

Because that is how a 3-7 team gets to 9-7...??

I know that's how a 3-7 team gets to 9-7. However I have clearly said a couple of times just now that I am only saying they might win their next 6 games. Not one time have I said that they are for sure going to win their next 6 games! There is a huge difference in saying that they might (or that I hope they win their next 6 games) win their next 6 games then saying that they will for sure win their next 6 games! Also the fact that they beat Miami today is not the only reason that I think they MIGHT win their next 6 games!

Last edited:

acishere

View attachment 120412
If you ask them about Greg Hardy's police report you have a chance drawing a few temporarily back into hiding while they do that Simpsons neck pull thing.
giphy.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know that's how a 3-7 team gets to 9-7. However I have clearly said a couple of times just now that I am only saying they might win their next 6 games. Not one time have I said that they are for sure going to win their next 6 games! There is a huge difference in saying that they might (or that I hope they win their next 6 games) win their next 6 games then saying that they will for sure win their next 6 games!

Also the fact that they beat Miami today is not the only reason that I think they MIGHT win their next 6 games!

I'm simply pointing out that you believe it CAN happen... for a team that just lost 7 straight... based on what you believe now. If you didn't believe it was possible, why even say it in the first place? Do we all sit and talk about the purely mathmatical outcomes.. or ones we think actually have any shot of happening? What builds that confidence... for a team that had just lost 7 straight? The difference between a team that just lost 7 straight.. and having some optimism... pretty much falls on the outcome of the changes that have played out in the last week.

I can always count on the Cowboys for games like last year vs the Redskins where McCoy beat them in OT. Cowboys haven't seen the NFC title game since Troy Aikman and Emmit were running the show. And I don't think Romo will ever see it. Macfadden isn't going to carry them like DeMarco did. I think they should be happy if they get 7 wins and then figure out how to get a QB-in-waiting to replace Romo. Even if they win the Division.. they could end up against someone like the Packers who will mow them down.

Flower'sChild

I'm simply pointing out that you believe it CAN happen... for a team that just lost 7 straight... based on what you believe now. If you didn't believe it was possible, why even say it in the first place? Do we all sit and talk about the purely mathmatical outcomes.. or ones we think actually have any shot of happening? What builds that confidence... for a team that had just lost 7 straight? The difference between a team that just lost 7 straight.. and having some optimism... pretty much falls on the outcome of the changes that have played out in the last week.

I can always count on the Cowboys for games like last year vs the Redskins where McCoy beat them in OT. Cowboys haven't seen the NFC title game since Troy Aikman and Emmit were running the show. And I don't think Romo will ever see it. Macfadden isn't going to carry them like DeMarco did. I think they should be happy if they get 7 wins and then figure out how to get a QB-in-waiting to replace Romo. Even if they win the Division.. they could end up against someone like the Packers who will mow them down.

Yes I believe they can win their next 6 games. It might happen and it might not. So what if I pointed that out. They are a different team with Romo, so the chances of them winning their next 6 games are not as bad as a lot of people think.

PUSH

Original Poster
I won in fantasy by 7 points! One of the worst performances of the season, and I only scored 83 points, but my opponent also had one of his worst performances.

Meanwhile, my star players continue to suffer injuries. First Big Ben for several weeks, then Jamaal Charles for the season, then Keenan Allen for the season, and now likely Marshawn Lynch for the season. I'm going to quickly try to snag Thomas Rawls off waivers this week, but one or two of my friends are already eyeing him, and I'll be in 8th in the waivers this week as I will hold the tiebreaker for first place in our league. Four of us will be at the top with a 7-4 record. I'm also a full game ahead of anyone else in my division, not that that holds any merit in my league.

PUSH

Original Poster
So somehow I got Thomas Rawls... I don't understand how some of my leaguemates don't use the waiver wire...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Our fantasy trade deadline is basically upon us... I'm still in 1st place overall but I don't like my team for the long haul.

I actually had to trade away my panthers defense to get something... Anything for a RB. Got tj yeldon and Wilkie Snead for another wr option.

If they sit Brady I'm toast...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom