POR vs CBR vs CSR

Pacha

Original Poster
This will be a 3 night stay in 2nd week of February for the wife and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary (No kids?! Wow!!! :jawdrop:).

We've stayed at CBR (back in 2002) and CSR (in 2010) and liked them both. We've never stayed at POR and were leaning that way because it seems a bit more 'laid back' and 'romantic'.

So, whaddayall think?

FrostyNaples

Thank you for the feedback! I like the idea of the carriage ride and of trying something new.

Hint: book for around sunset (google your dates for sunset times) - be mindful of weather, dress accordingly. Gorgeous river carriage ride from POR down to POFQ, and back. River is wonderful at sunset and the lights all coming on.

JohnD

This will be a 3 night stay in 2nd week of February for the wife and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary (No kids?! Wow!!! :jawdrop:).

We've stayed at CBR (back in 2002) and CSR (in 2010) and liked them both. We've never stayed at POR and were leaning that way because it seems a bit more 'laid back' and 'romantic'.

So, whaddayall think?

I like POR. If you stay, you have two more choices: Magnolia Bend or Alligator Bayou. Magnolia Bend has a more formal, Victorian feel while Alligator Bayou feels more rustic. I very much liked staying in Alligator Bayou.

officialtom

Go with POR. The other moderates don't compare! Well, minus POFQ.

They are both laid back, relaxing, quiet, perfectly-kept, and just plain beautiful. The mansions area of POR is our absolute favourite. We'd be staying there again in a couple months if we hadn't gotten an awesome deal for OKW!

HollyAD

We stayed at POR and LOVED it. It is relaxing and beautiful. You can even top off your evening with a horse and carriage ride! We enjoyed sitting at the pool and having an adult beverage while the music played outside. We never had any issues with bus service even though it took us a few bus rides to figure out the best system. Boats take a little time to get downtown but it was nice to have an alternate form of transportation.

Buzz2001

CSR! We love the business classroom with lounge access. The resort has great transportation that is not shared and the resort itself is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks. The grounds are gorgeous, especially at night when lit up. The restaurants are operated by the same company that runs all the restaurants in Mexico at Epcot.

tem325

I vote for Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed there two years ago and I loved it! Last year, we did CBR for the free dining plan and while the rooms are pretty much the same, I didn't like the theming and overall resort feel/layout as much as POR.

squidward

CSR! We love the business classroom with lounge access. The resort has great transportation that is not shared and the resort itself is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks. The grounds are gorgeous, especially at night when lit up. The restaurants are operated by the same company that runs all the restaurants in Mexico at Epcot.

Shocker.

I vote for Riverside for all the reasons already mentioned.

Pacha

Original Poster
Thank you for all the replies and great info! After further review, we've also added Pop Century into the mix. Pricing is attractive and we've stayed at Values before and they're OK.

:oops: Please don't throw things...

Last edited:
My husband and I found ourselves in the same dilemma two years ago and chose Pop because the extra money saved could be used for better quality meals, and we are foodies. It really depends what kind of getaway you are looking for! If you aren't going to be spending much time at the resort, maybe downgrading to save a few bucks isn't a bad call. That being said, the ambiance and beauty of POR is definitely a better fit for your anniversary and Pop is a dramatic contrast from that!

Pacha

Original Poster
My husband and I found ourselves in the same dilemma two years ago and chose Pop because the extra money saved could be used for better quality meals, and we are foodies. It really depends what kind of getaway you are looking for! If you aren't going to be spending much time at the resort, maybe downgrading to save a few bucks isn't a bad call. That being said, the ambiance and beauty of POR is definitely a better fit for your anniversary and Pop is a dramatic contrast from that!

That's the key thing here - cost. We save roughly $200 by staying at a Value, which is money we can spend on our next family trip there (likely in 2017). And like you said, how much time is spent at the resort itself? In past trips, it's usually sleep (or maybe not much sleep on this trip :devilish:), quick breakfast and then off to the Parks.

That's the key thing here - cost. We save roughly $200 by staying at a Value, which is money we can spend on our next family trip there (likely in 2017). And like you said, how much time is spent at the resort itself? In past trips, it's usually sleep (or maybe not much sleep on this trip :devilish:), quick breakfast and then off to the Parks.

Ah, then go Pop! I do recommend requesting a King Bed room or else you'll have two full beds. Other than that, I love the food court at Pop and the resort itself is much smaller than the moderates in terms of physical space so none of the rooms are too far from amenities which is an issue you would run into at any moderate resort. $200 is a big difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom