Brainstorm

The90skid

I'm all for bouncing around ideas! Let us know what you got; the community here enjoys brainstorming with people ("armchair imagineering")

The90skid

That's a neat idea; I'm not sure if I have heard anyone with a Hunchback ride idea on here recently. My first thought would be to have a suspended dark ride like Peter Pan's flight, that way you can ride over Paris and through the belfries of Notre Dame.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
That's a neat idea; I'm not sure if I have heard anyone with a Hunchback ride idea on here recently. My first thought would be to have a suspended dark ride like Peter Pan's flight, that way you can ride over Paris and through the belfries of Notre Dame.

That is what I was thinking to. This is a good order of scenes I think would work.

• Dark room with Clopin starting the story.
  • Quasimoto ringing the bells and singing, while Frollo sits at a table.
  • Overview of Paris similarly to Peter Pans Flight.
  • Lowers into streets of Paris with Esmerelda dancing and Phoebus on his horse.
  • Festival of Fools.
  • Into Cathedral with the Archdeacon and Esmerelda.
  • Frollo singing Hellfire in front of fire with the red hooded figures.
  • Court of Miracles with gypsies being raided by Frollo.
  • Back to Notre Dame.
  • Singing Gargoyles.
  • To the top of Notre Dame with Quasimoto and Esmerelda facing off Frollo.
  • Frollo is about to kill them until he falls off a crumbling gargoyle a la Snow White's Scary Adventures.
  • Ending with all of Paris cheering for Quasimoto.
The ride would use effects and animatronics. What do you think?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

The idea of a Hunchback dark ride is a good one, but I'm not sure it is relevant enough to have a large scale KUKA attraction (that honor would likely go to franchises like Star Wars or the Marvel Cinematic Universe).

The90skid

Location? I would say Fantasyland, maybe in place of Peter Pan's Flight if you wanted to use similar tech. (Just an idea, PPF fans!) For the queue, I say we try to emulate walking through Notre Dame and up to the bell towers.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
The idea of a Hunchback dark ride is a good one, but I'm not sure it is relevant enough to have a large scale KUKA attraction (that honor would likely go to franchises like Star Wars or the Marvel Cinematic Universe).

I actually have blueprints somewhere for a Wreck It Ralph KUKA ride, but that's another story. Anyway, I was thinking of a suspended ride like Peter Pan's Flight where you could ride a gargoyle style vehicle.

Location? I would say Fantasyland, maybe in place of Peter Pan's Flight if you wanted to use similar tech. (Just an idea, PPF fans!) For the queue, I say we try to emulate walking through Notre Dame and up to the bell towers.

I don't think Disney would get rid of Peter Pan, it's a very popular attraction and I don't think there would be enough space for it in a tiny show building unless they wanted the ride to be squashed together. I was thinking it could be in either the French Pavilion instead of that weird Ratatouille thing, or in Hollywood Studios to possibly replace the Beauty and the Beast Show.

The90skid

I actually have blueprints somewhere for a Wreck It Ralph KUKA ride, but that's another story. Anyway, I was thinking of a suspended ride like Peter Pan's Flight where you could ride a gargoyle style vehicle.

I don't think Disney would get rid of Peter Pan, it's a very popular attraction and I don't think there would be enough space for it in a tiny show building unless they wanted the ride to be squashed together. I was thinking it could be in either the French Pavilion instead of that weird Ratatouille thing, or in Hollywood Studios to possibly replace the Beauty and the Beast Show.
French pavillion would be cool, barring the EPCOT purists! I say build a massive Notre Dame cathedral for a show building!

spacemt354

Chili's
Maybe they will let us off the hook since the story is French. Also yes a massive cathedral is good, I mean this ride is pretty big.
I would put it in the MK...tear down storybook circus, and create another medieval extension with the cathedral show building. The Mine Train acts as the Germanic countryside leading to France...

Or perhaps tear down The Little Mermaid and have France be one mini-land with BatB and Hunchback behind the German countryside.

Neither of these options would probably happen in the real world, but this is just for fun right? ;) Actually now that I think about it, I like the second option better.

The90skid

I would put it in the MK...tear down storybook circus, and create another medieval extension with the cathedral show building. The Mine Train acts as the Germanic countryside leading to France...

Or perhaps tear down The Little Mermaid and have France be one mini-land with BatB and Hunchback behind the German countryside.

Neither of these options would probably happen in the real world, but this is just for fun right? ;) Actually now that I think about it, I like the second option better.
Yes! Second option is great for the reasons you said. Little Mermaid is gone, and it paves the way for BatB as well as this legit Hunchback idea

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
You could also utilize some stained glass windows to tell the prelude a la Beauty and the Beast

That's a cool suggestion. It would be great for the ride's queue. maybe as you go up Notre Dame there could be windows that show the back stories scenes in order like:

• Quasimodo and his mother running from guards.
  • Frollo killing Quasimodo's mother.
  • Frollo about to drown him.
  • Archdeacon telling Frollo of his sins.
  • Frollo adopting Quasimodo.
  • Quasimoto growing up the stairs scene from movie.
Also for a title, how about "The Hunchback of Notre Dame's Quest"? Or if you have any good names just tell me them.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster

Well when it comes to Storybook Circus which has Dumbo and the Barnstormer, I doubt they will destroy it. Also what is BatB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom