The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Just saw Winter Dreams for this year on youtube... I have to say, No improvement. They are now showing 2 bad WOC shows.
I tried watching this year's show on Youtube. I turned it off as soon as Do You Want To Build a Snowman started.
I think WOC-C! should be the first one of the night. For DCA to be that Lazy and NOT put the opening song back in Winter Dreams AGAIN! is mind blowing to me!!! I don't say too much about too much Frozen.....great movie and the score is perfect for theme parks. But Do you want to build a snowman is NOT better than Dreams of Winter or Christmas Wishes at TDS which is where the song came from.
I'm still bitter Glow is cut. But for Disney to commission the piece from Eric Whitacre, one of the most praised and well-regarded modern composers, and do a virtual choir for Glow. Only to can it as the opener after only one year of doing Winter Dreams is such a waste.
And now that they cut Dreams of Winter it officially kills the show for me. Winter Dreams does not need to be the Frozen show!

Phroobar

According to Touring Plans, the Main Street Station will only be in refurb from 1/11/2016 to 4/2/2016. So is the train going to just move back in forth in front of it? I know. It's a mistake.

It would be a trip if the train went from Tomorrowland to Main Street to New Orleans Square and then in reverse.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, I'll say this for the Diamond Celebration in 2016. Ever since classic Haunted Mansion was resurrected, it has served me pretty well. In fact, these may be my best days at a Disney theme park ever. Screw the childhood memories, this is clearly superior. It's completely bizarre that in the middle of this celebration, they've shut down a significant portion of the west side of the park, but I've been reaping the benefits. And there are benefits. Let me explain. The west side of the park has been completely dead on a nightly basis. Not only can one knock out Haunted Mansion a record number of times these days, but there's no ridiculous water show destroying the ambiance (I'm not hating on Fantasmic!, though, don't get me wrong) and drawing people to the area. There's no train dropping people off. There's a ridiculous light parade wreaking havoc on the other side of the park, drawing people away! Fabulous. Drink it all in. I feel like it isn't going to come any better than this. It can't last much longer can it?

Curious Constance

My family isn't going to get to experience the park during the celebration, but let's face it, I see more of the park online in one month than most people will see in person in their lifetime, and from what I've seen, I think they Disney did a good job celebrating it's 60th. I think the parade and fireworks are both great additions to the park and were much needed. I'm kinda of tired of seeing the blue banners though, so I'll be glad to see them go when it's over in the fall.

Nland316

There are mindless rumors going around Micechat and Twitter that both PTN and DL Forever will be permanately ending after the 60th ends. PTN will be shipped to WDW while we get their electrical parade. No replacement has been mentioned for DL Forever. This is being issued as a "cost cutting measure". I can't help but firmly believe that these are bogus, but still wanted to put these out there to share what's going on among the rumor mill.

Crazydisneyfanluke

There are mindless rumors going around Micechat and Twitter that both PTN and DL Forever will be permanately ending after the 60th ends. PTN will be shipped to WDW while we get their electrical parade. No replacement has been mentioned for DL Forever. This is being issued as a "cost cutting measure". I can't help but firmly believe that these are bogus, but still wanted to put these out there to share what's going on among the rumor mill.
I cant believe that. Why would DL spend all that money for a brand new electrical parade and firework show just to scrap it. Not a smart business move. I can see them going down to 1 PTN a night and cut some of the extra pyro from DLF! but not getting rid of them.

Travel Junkie

I could see DL Forever go away at least for a little while. It ends Sep 5th. in September and October, they have the Halloween Scream fireworks on party nights only. That transitions into the Holiday fireworks. Come January they go back to weekends only for DL Forever. It would be strange for a fireworks show they put that much work in go away for good after such a short period of time.

I would be stunned if PTN went anywhere.

Stevek

I could see DL Forever go away at least for a little while. It ends Sep 5th. in September and October, they have the Halloween Scream fireworks on party nights only. That transitions into the Holiday fireworks. Come January they go back to weekends only for DL Forever. It would be strange for a fireworks show they put that much work in go away for good after such a short period of time.

I would be stunned if PTN went anywhere.
I don't see it either. Way too much money on a fireworks show developed specifically for DL and PTN is far too successful to move anywhere. What say you @WDW1974 ? Any insider knowledge?

Curious Constance

How does it save money to trade parades with WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom