The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

A girl my DD has worked with since she was 15 until they both graduated college is back home for the holidays. She first took a job in the Oakland area and then they transferred her to wait for it.....Austin. With all the snow we got I don't think she was missing Illinois weather.

CUdMCwGWcAEgSGu.jpg

Bluck!!!

Hahaaa...! Cool! :)
How does she like Austin?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You caught some nice details in the AK pictures. By the way, I love the decorations on their Christmas tree!!

Thanks, AK does have some nice decorations. I would have liked to have gone into Dinoland, last time I was there the decorations were kind of kitschy but cute. Hubby doesn't really like Animal Kingdom that much though, he really only likes to do Everest and Tough to Be a Bug, and maybe the safari. So we didn't spend much time there. I will spend more time there on my solo trip, but the Christmas décor won't be up then.

donaldtoo

But but but you are a gentleman. ;) I tend to use the term you guys a great deal but things have changed a bit more to my liking since we were young so I tend not to be annoyed by the masquelin form of being addressed anymore. With @Cesar R M I rarely do 'cause I generally understand what he is trying to say even when wording is slightly jumbled, I get the point. I'll take his English over my Spanish anyday.

Still some strange things linger on, are you Miss, Mrs or Ms - guys don't get that question they get a box for Mister. Are you taking his name or keeping yours question. I don't have one friend that the guy took her name. The world has come a long way since women were referred to as a fireman, a policeman, a mailman, chairman, foreman, journeyman - hundreds of them have been update over the years. So I am old enough to understand the 'foul' of referring to both men and women as gentlemen. Though in this case I did understand and also got the reference.

Yep, I understood what @Cesar R M meant, and I didn't really give it a second thought. As you posted, his knowledge of the written English language (without formal study and pretty much just from the Internet, and throw in being hearing impaired) is amazing.

Bein' from Texas, I'm pretty much a "Y'all" guy. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Lots of food pictures for you!!!
Belgium waffles, the waffles themselves were good the toppings were just okay. The chocolate one was like chocolate syrup and the whipped cream was out of a can.
IMG_3448.JPG

Brazil: the cheese bread was interesting but good (it was a doughy texture, like an undercooked dumpling), and the pork belly was nice and salty and flavorful but too small to share!
IMG_3449.JPG

Japan! Hubby wanted some shrimp thing, I tried some of the rice but even that had too much seafood flavor for me. He enjoyed it though.
IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

Italy is the only kiosk I regretted going to. I love chicken marsala, but this had no flavor. The bread tasted stale, but the chicken was at least moist. The beer is from the Poland booth, the beer was great.
IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3463.JPG

The Poland booth had wonderful kielbasa and potato pierogies. I am glad we didn't share this one.
IMG_3464.JPG

We got a ham and cheese dish at Germany, I can't remember if it was pasta or potato. It was good, but needed some salt and pepper. And the onions were raw and crunchy.
IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG
The view from my bench in Germany.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Patagonia: steak skewers and chimichuri, this was good. It ranks in the top 5 dishes of the trip. It was a little oily and very garlicy. I do like garlic so that wasn't a problem and the oil mixed in okay with the mash.
IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG IMG_3495.JPG

I just love this view in the Living with the Land, it is such a big reveal!
IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A Wisconsin girl can't pass up cheese! A little cheese fondue! It looked like a small helping but there was a decent amount. It tasted really good, I probably could have eaten a full cup.
IMG_3511.JPG IMG_3512.JPG IMG_3513.JPG

A warm chocolate cake with a Bailey's type sauce, it paired well with the Guinness.
IMG_3517.JPG

I loved the design on this sweatshirt. But I decided a picture was cheaper than the sweatshirt.
IMG_3519.JPG

At the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

Details under and on the tree

IMG_3532.JPG

Another holiday display designed to make me spend, I only bought a little retro designed plate like the big one on the left of the display.
IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

I will post more tomorrow, I'm just a little tired of being on the computer now. Have a good night everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom