Marvel's Dr. Strange

CentralFLlife

Original Poster
Well it looks like casting might be close to finished and the buzz of this movie can start now.

http://io9.com/benedit-cumberbatch-has-officially-been-cast-as-doctor-1651371257

I like this choice, I hope it happens. I think he will do a good job as the sorcerer supreme. Im kinda excited about this film, Strange is a very interesting character (yes it was really hard not to say strange there). Any thoughts about this?

Edited to reflect speculation.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

CentralFLlife

Original Poster
I would not get too excited yet.

From i09
I think it'll happen, this is the only name that has constantly been around for all of the casting rumors, and they need a big name. Especially if they are going to keep 3 of the current Avengers out of Avengers 3, a big name like Cumberbatch would go a long way in helping to fill the void in that movie. Although if he doesn't do this that might mean more time for Sherlock....

CentralFLlife

Original Poster
If we can get a Doctor Strange movie can we at least have a Ms. Marvel film? Please?
zk4auf3cwjyhva2le02t.jpg

Yes, yes we can. We also get a Black Panther movie

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Casting has been confirmed (at last) - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/24/doctor-strange-cast

Marvel confirmed today that, in addition to the long-penned-in Benedict Cumberbatch, the film will also star Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Michael Stuhlbarg, Mads Mikkelsen, and Tilda Swinton, all of whom have previously been talked about as likely — and, in some cases, definite — cast members.

According to the official synopsis, the newest Marvel hero’s adventure “follows the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.”

Filming has already begun, and Marvel Studios announced that the film is being shot in several locations around the world, including London, New York, Hong Kong, and Kathmandu, Nepal.

Doctor Strange is being directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister) and will be released Nov. 4.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
More art from EW.com

Mystical-Strange-005-EW.jpg

doctor-is-in-ew-008.jpg

mystery-room-strange-008.jpg

"When this comic appeared in the early '60s, it really informed, in a way that is pretty amazing, a lot of the psychedelic '60s as we know it. I don’t know that they were doing anything weird in the bullpen in Marvel, but certainly the stuff they were doing inspired all those people who were doing mind-expansion experiments at the time," explains producer Kevin Feige. "So, that's inherent to the property. And that's our mission statement for the visual effects on this movie."

Mystery-Strange-EW-001.jpg

"Benedict was someone that we were very interested in for a very long time," reveals Feige. "But he kept getting more popular, and more popular, and he kept getting busier, and busier, and it looked like the timing wasn’t going to work. So we looked at some other actors for a while and ultimately decided, ‘We have to try and make it work with Benedict and with his schedule.’"

Mystical-hands-strange-009.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom