Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Arthur Wellesley

Pet Semetery was another good one. That movie was just so grim & eerie.

The sequel had potential. (Dead dog comes back to life & terrorizes a neighborhood?) Yeah, pretty creepy stuff on paper. But it all just fell flat in a big mess of awful.

But the original still holds strong to this day as a great ghost / zombie cat / evil kid :confused: classic.

catmom46

Pet Semetery was another good one. That movie was just so grim & eerie.

The sequel had potential. (Dead dog comes back to life & terrorizes a neighborhood?) Yeah, pretty creepy stuff on paper. But it all just fell flat in a big mess of awful.

But the original still holds strong to this day as a great ghost / zombie cat / evil kid :confused: classic.

Well, the dog thing was kinda already done with Cujo. But yes, the original is definitely a classic - I still cannot watch the tendon-slicing scene! :eek:

Arthur Wellesley

Well, the dog thing was kinda already done with Cujo. But yes, the original is definitely a classic - I still cannot watch the tendon-slicing scene! :eek:
Same here. I think what made that movie so disturbing was how it created environment well, and didn't just rush right into the horror. You felt like you knew that road, and the woods behind the Creed's home. And with that cat...this movie proves sometimes simpler is better when it comes to creating scares. He didn't come back as a feline killing machine out for blood. But those EYES. :eek: Great buildup to the horrifying conclusion when Junior makes his way back home...

catmom46

Same here. I think what made that movie so disturbing was how it created environment well, and didn't just rush right into the horror. You felt like you knew that road, and the woods behind the Creed's home. And with that cat...this movie proves sometimes simpler is better when it comes to creating scares. He didn't come back as a feline killing machine out for blood. But those EYES. :eek: Great buildup to the horrifying conclusion when Junior makes his way back home...

OK, I'm starting to get the heebie-jeebies now...

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
R.I.P. Gunnar Hansen, the Original Leatherface from ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...eatherface-from-the-texas-chain-saw-massacre/

This year has been brutal as yet another legend has passed.

Leatherface will be joining Freddy Krueger’s father in horror heaven.

Gunnar Hansen, who played the original Leatherface in Tobe Hooper’s 1974 The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, died at age 68, according to his agent and ABC 7.

Hansen, who was born in Reykjavik, Iceland and moved to the U.S. at age 5, got his first role as the iconic, chainsaw-wielding Leatherface in 1973.

When you mention to anyone that you’re a horror fan, most people immediately think of Freddy, Jason, Michael, and of course, Leatherface.

Hansen will be missed greatly by the Bloody Disgusting family. We will rev our chainsaws in remembrance.

barkerbird

I have a few:
  • Halloween 2 (original, bugs me I have to clarify). I feel it was superior to the first one, and the hospital setting is a major factor in the creepiness.
  • Dawn of the Dead (again, original). Best zombie movie ever made.
  • The Howling
  • Fright Night

surfsupdon

I have a few:
  • Halloween 2 (original, bugs me I have to clarify). I feel it was superior to the first one, and the hospital setting is a major factor in the creepiness.
  • Dawn of the Dead (again, original). Best zombie movie ever made.
  • The Howling
  • Fright Night

YES! I love Halloweeen II because that hospital setting is oh so creepy. It worked perfectly. I just wish Micheal was more old school in his killings....he was more strangle and kill in the first one....as each movie was released his kills got way too flashy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom