What did you do?

Texas84

5 miles yesterday in beautiful cool weather (40s). 8 miles today in the 60s, light rain and high humidity.

Last year's training very cold and this year very warm. Hoping for cool Orlando weather in January.

Texas84

Higdon Dopey training weekend from heck. Friday 3, Saturday 8, Sunday 18. Perfect weather, high 40's, a bit breezy. Got a bit loopy around mile 15 but I'm recovering nicely after some breakfast. Legs and feet are great.

Garmin says I have 2,600 calories to play with. There's a cheeseburger out there with my name on it.

Greenlawler

Had two good weekend runs, and I was very pleased.

Due to some family and time constraints I had to reverse my usual running order. My plan called for a solid pace ten on Saturday followed by a laid back 20 on Sunday.

But my family events only gave me a three hour window on Saturday and less on Sunday.

So with temps in the high thirties I squeezed in a hectic 20 on Saturday indoors on the treadmill while watching the Ohio state vs Michigan State game. To my surprise this was probably the easiest 20 miler of my life. I was able to finish within the three hours I was given. This was done much to the benefit of my marriage.

Then today I braved the cold to get in my ten miler. I was shocked that a day after a hectic twenty my legs were still good enough to allow me a quick ten and I still am able to walk fine ;)

Things are looking up for Dopey. Maybe I can get another sub 4 hour marathon before age catches up with me.

JillC LI

So with temps in the high thirties I squeezed in a hectic 20 on Saturday indoors on the treadmill while watching the Ohio state vs Michigan State game. To my surprise this was probably the easiest 20 miler of my life.

20 miles on the dreadmill!?!?!?!?! o_O :arghh: The most I've ever managed is 8 while watching a good movie I'd recorded. Anything longer has been outdoors for my own sanity. That must've been one heck of a good game!

As for me, 6 miles on Saturday morning. Decent pace for me.

Greenlawler

20 miles on the dreadmill!?!?!?!?! o_O :arghh: The most I've ever managed is 8 while watching a good movie I'd recorded. Anything longer has been outdoors for my own sanity. That must've been one heck of a good game!

As for me, 6 miles on Saturday morning. Decent pace for me.

I get it I am weird, but I have trained almost 75% on treadmill over the last 10 years, mainly doing long runs to football games (which I love) or television shows I can binge watch. Back when our home treadmill worked and we had our DVR this was magic.

But seriously I think this has saved my knees.

JillC LI

I get it I am weird, but I have trained almost 75% on treadmill over the last 10 years, mainly doing long runs to football games (which I love) or television shows I can binge watch. Back when our home treadmill worked and we had our DVR this was magic.
But seriously I think this has saved my knees.

I hear ya about the knees. You're new to the forum so you don't know that I was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis earlier this year. I couldn't even walk for awhile because of joint pain everywhere, but when I finally started feeling better, I was only able to run on the TM at first until I was up to handling asphalt again. I still can't run as far or as fast as I used to, but I am grateful to be running at all. Last night I did 3.5 miles on the TM. I also have a TM in my basement facing the TV, and I usually watch my daily dose of General Hospital for a 3-4 mile run, or some movie I've recorded for anything longer. Even so, I start going a bit nuts after about an hour.

Greenlawler

I hear ya about the knees. You're new to the forum so you don't know that I was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis earlier this year. I couldn't even walk for awhile because of joint pain everywhere, but when I finally started feeling better, I was only able to run on the TM at first until I was up to handling asphalt again. I still can't run as far or as fast as I used to, but I am grateful to be running at all. Last night I did 3.5 miles on the TM. I also have a TM in my basement facing the TV, and I usually watch my daily dose of General Hospital for a 3-4 mile run, or some movie I've recorded for anything longer. Even so, I start going a bit nuts after about an hour.

Sorry to hear that, I hope your knees recover 100%, I've been on the forums for a long time actually I just never really posted here much, I typically post on another runDisney site but that one has slowly died over the last 3 years.

When I started having knee pain 3 years ago, my doc said it could be a.)shoes b.)weight c.)where I ran

So I started the process of elimination, I switched from Saucony Omni to Nike Pegasus, not much difference

I lost about 20 pounds, I thought that was the answer as the pain faded

Then I slowly started putting the weight back on this year, knees were still holding strong, so maybe it was not the weight.

And then later this year the gym closest to me closed and I started doing lots of outside runs, and the knee pain came back fiercer than ever waking me up at night. I realized that three years ago when I thought the weight was the trigger that the pain subsided during the winter when I was not doing outside runs.

The asphalt was the culprit all along.

JillC LI

Sorry to hear that, I hope your knees recover 100%, I've been on the forums for a long time actually I just never really posted here much, I typically post on another runDisney site but that one has slowly died over the last 3 years.

When I started having knee pain 3 years ago, my doc said it could be a.)shoes b.)weight c.)where I ran

So I started the process of elimination, I switched from Saucony Omni to Nike Pegasus, not much difference

I lost about 20 pounds, I thought that was the answer as the pain faded

Then I slowly started putting the weight back on this year, knees were still holding strong, so maybe it was not the weight.

And then later this year the gym closest to me closed and I started doing lots of outside runs, and the knee pain came back fiercer than ever waking me up at night. I realized that three years ago when I thought the weight was the trigger that the pain subsided during the winter when I was not doing outside runs.

The asphalt was the culprit all along.

Well at least you found the culprit and were able to continue running on the TM (although it's tough to participate in a runDisney event from a TM). My RA affected the joints of my entire body. One day was knees, another day feet, another ankles, another wrists, shoulders, and especially toes and fingers. But I seem to have it under control with meds for the time being, thank goodness. I just don't push my luck with speed or distance.

Greenlawler

Well at least you found the culprit and were able to continue running on the TM (although it's tough to participate in a runDisney event from a TM). My RA affected the joints of my entire body. One day was knees, another day feet, another ankles, another wrists, shoulders, and especially toes and fingers. But I seem to have it under control with meds for the time being, thank goodness. I just don't push my luck with speed or distance.

"hard to participate in a runDisney event from a TM" :) I can do some runs outside, like once a week or so.

Greenlawler

Today was an outside 6 miler. It's a low key week after last week's 60 miles. Great weather here, smooth run, listened to some podcast and took it easy running at a relaxed 9 minute mile.

My wife is a nurse and works all day tomorrow, so this year for the first time in my life I am not going to pig out for Thanksgiving unless I order pizza for me and the boys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom