The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I had to laugh at the photo of you eating off the top of the trash can--only because I've done that so many times!

But usually, it's on a work morning back here. If I'm waiting for a train, I sometimes have a few minutesl and I might go buy a muffin and eat it before the train arrives. The top of the barrel makes a nice breakfast "table" for my muffie and coffee! :p

Hey, sometimes it is the only table top available and it is convenient to dispose of waste too!

Goofyernmost

@ajrwdwgirl , I had to laugh at the photo of you eating off the top of the trash can--only because I've done that so many times!

But usually, it's on a work morning back here. If I'm waiting for a train, I sometimes have a few minutes and I might go buy a muffin and eat it before the train arrives. The top of the barrel makes a nice breakfast "table" for my muffie and coffee! :p

Hey, sometimes it is the only table top available and it is convenient to dispose of waste too!
That was were I was forced to eat my Fish and Chips lunch on my last visit to Epcot. Works really well and is so handy for trash disposal, like you said.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've gotta ask...Why have you never tried WDW in the Winter? Pick your week correctly and it is cheaper, good for you cooler, often offer perks for odd weeks and in those special weeks the crowds are nonexistent.

Good question. For some odd reason, I've only gone in the spring, for goodness knows how many years now. Going in the winter would probably not be the best in terms of budget--with Christmas gifts to buy, etc. At least if I go in the spring, I have a few months to pay it off and get caught up. I wish Cinderella's fairy godmother would sprinkle some pixie dust my way, so that I could go twice a year! ;)

Goofyernmost

Good question. For some odd reason, I've only gone in the spring, for goodness knows how many years now. Going in the winter would probably not be the best in terms of budget--with Christmas gifts to buy, etc. At least if I go in the spring, I have a few months to pay it off and get caught up. I wish Cinderella's fairy godmother would sprinkle some pixie dust my way, so that I could go twice a year! ;)
Winter is the only time I ever go anymore. No need to suffer through the heat, bigger crowds and higher rates. The weather is usually very pleasant and (I know this won't set well with you, but...) no damn snow. Just palm trees and sunshine. Let's face it, in reality, you are going to spend the same amount of money for a trip no matter when you take it, but, there is a chance of better prices in the "so called" off season. So you would actually spend less.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Winter is the only time I ever go anymore. No need to suffer through the heat, bigger crowds and higher rates. The weather is usually very pleasant and (I know this won't set well with you, but...) no damn snow. Just palm trees and sunshine. Let's face it, in reality, you are going to spend the same amount of money for a trip no matter when you take it, but, there is a chance of better prices in the "so called" off season. So you would actually spend less.

That's true. However, I've already spent my trip money (back in May) for 2015, so if I had to wait for late winter, 2016/2017, that's a heck of a long wait until the next trip. I'll be Jones-ing, if I don't get my Disney "fix" before that! :eek: :p

donaldtoo

We have Trappist Monks here in MA and they make wonderful jams and jellies. (I don't like the taste of beer, so I'm glad that our Trappist Monks are happy making jam and jelly -- for me! :p :happy: :hungry:

(Interesting to note however, per the link below, they actually started to brew a blonde ale, 6.5% alcohol, in 2010, Spencer Trappist Ale, to help keep up with the expenses of running the abbey. Apparently, it's the only certified Trappist beer brewed in the U.S.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph's_Abbey,_Massachusetts

Cool! :)
Chimay Grand Reserve is 9% per volume...! :hungry:

French Quarter

Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it right now. I have to give into the old age factor because the past 5 weeks, with the trip and the surgery have taken a lot out of me. I feel like I was pulled through a strainer, rode hard and put away wet and a dozen or so other phrases that I cannot post on a family board. :joyfull:

Hang in there, Goof. I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now. Rest as much as you can and you'll start to feel better, I'm sure.

Goofyernmost

That's true. However, I've already spent my trip money (back in May) for 2015, so if I had to wait for late winter, 2016/2017, that's a heck of a long wait until the next trip. I'll be Jones-ing, if I don't get my Disney "fix" before that! :eek: :p
That's when credit is justifiable. If you go in January or February then you won't be paying for it until March or April the time when you would have spent it anyway. Not all credit is evil.

French Quarter

Oh, I just wanted to share that the sweetened condensed milk is to sweeten the pie, without adding additional sugar in the recipe, versus regular condensed milk recipes, generally also call for brown sugar. So in the end, I think it all averages out in the sweetness part. The only real difference is that maybe the sweetened condensed milk cuts out one brief step in the preparation, but certainly no big deal at all. :)

Are you meaning condensed milk instead of evaporated milk? That makes sense if you aren't also adding sugar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom