Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
A little bit ago, I was watching me kid at school as they have cameras in her classroom that I can access. I watched her push down a boy and then slap him a couple times. Yep, the teacher saw and put her in timeout. Not surprised...if someone gets her in way, she gets pretty mad.
Did you ask her about it when she got home?

Eric1955

morgus-1.jpg
New avatar for Halloween. I don't know if Morgus was shown on television outside of New Orleans, but it was a big deal here. They even made a full length movie that was released in theaters. I have some great memories of watching episodes of Morgus with my family. I still love watching it. It's as funny as ever.

Morgus.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
View attachment 114611
New avatar for Halloween. I don't know if Morgus was shown on television outside of New Orleans, but it was a big deal here. They even made a full length movie that was released in theaters. I have some great memories of watching episodes of Morgus with my family. I still love watching it. It's as funny as ever.

View attachment 114612
I've never heard of it; which doesn't mean much.
Was it a local production like this staple of my childhood?

image.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This looks like something that should have a Rifftrax commentary.
Even after Googling, I still don't really know what Rifftrax really is.

I do know Wikipedia though:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hilarious_House_of_Frightenstein

I found this part to be the most interesting:
"The producers were fortunate enough to get horror icon Vincent Price to star in introductions for the show's various segments. Price was attracted to the project because he wanted to do something for kids. Price filmed all of his segments (around 400) in 4 days for a fee of $13,000."

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know I've posted this before:

@Andrew C - do you have any recollection of this show?

They taped all 130 episodes in a 9-month period, starting in 1971, so I probably only ever saw it in re-runs; but it re-ran for years! You might be too young, or didn't stay in the Great White North long enough to become fully indoctrinated.

Recorded barely 20 minutes away from me, it hales from CHCH Studios - home to Tiny Talent Time and a little gem called the Red Green Show. Hamilton native Martin Short also made his debut on the station.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
When I was a really young kid, it was more about mr dressup, the polka dot door and under the umbrella tree. Only got to watch during the summer though when I was up there.

Later it was Are you afraid of the dark but that was also aired in the US
Polka roo, polka roo!

I loved Mr. DressUp. Much like Walt, he was like a favourite uncle to me. His passing was scarcely noticed by many, as the country/world was still in shock, a mere week after the events of 9/11.

acishere

Even after Googling, I still don't really know what Rifftrax really is.

I do know Wikipedia though:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hilarious_House_of_Frightenstein

I found this part to be the most interesting:
"The producers were fortunate enough to get horror icon Vincent Price to star in introductions for the show's various segments. Price was attracted to the project because he wanted to do something for kids. Price filmed all of his segments (around 400) in 4 days for a fee of $13,000."
It used to be called Mystery Science Theater. It is comedians watching corny B-movies and making fun of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom