Land 3...

Pixar land

• Total voters

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Hey guys! So, DHS has some very exciting stuff coming with Star Wars and Toy Story lands. However, that's not all that's coming according to many insiders. There will probably be at least one more land, as there's most likely going to be a lot of space over by LMA/SoA. In addition, a new land is really likely to be based on a Pixar franchise. So, my question is, which franchise would you like to see have its own land in a new Pixar based land? Respond to the poll, and share your ideas for your land below! I bet there'll be a lot of Monsters and Cars (I'd like to see monsters, but I'll share my thoughts later! ;)) but there's definitely a lot of room for unique ideas!

orlando678-

Its Monsters Inc for me here. Theres such an immersive world they can create here with possible rides as a Monsters inc door coaster, laugh floor relocation, monsters hide and go seek and maybe even a simulated MU scare test. Also I would love to dine at Harryhausens. The Incredibles would be awesome too though!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I chose Up. While I'd love to see MI (I completely agree orlando, that would be an awesome way to have that land!), Cars, and maybe Ratatouille, I think Up could make a pretty interesting area. I'm thinking maybe set it up like the South America zoo/theme park from the movie, there could be a simple flat ride like flicks flyers for the kids (except themed to balloons), that dark ride often talked about PPF style would be cool, and there's even potential to have a thrilling water-based ride.

DisneyManOne

For me, it was Ratatouille. I love the atmosphere of Disney Studios Paris' Ratatouille sub-area, and to be honest, WDW has yet to be introduced to the idea of the "trackless" dark ride system.

Matt7187

Out of all of those, I would LOVE to see an attraction somewhere in WDW based on any of those except Brave or Nemo (over saturation), for a DHS expansion, it has to be Monstropolis. That fits the best out of any potential options IMO, and lots of those like Inside Out and Incredibles would be great for one ride, but not a whole land. Monstropolis would be unique to WDW and could house multiple attractions and restaurants

Daveeeeed

Wall-E would work well in Tomorrowland, so no.
The Incredibles would work well as a land, but would feel a bit strange for HWS to me.
Monsters Inc then!
I really wish though they would make a Pizza Planet Ride for HWS, and for Animal Kingdom maybe a dinasaur safaris ride + a complete re doing of Dinoland USA with just dinosaurs no ips. That is just my dream!

Last edited:

captainmoch

I like the idea of Phase 3 being Pixar (Monstropolis gets my vote), and the potential Phase 4 being Indiana Jones. That way we have two Pixar lands, two Lucasfilm lands, and potentially 1 land each for Muppets (if that area gets enhancements as rumored) and Marvel (GOTG update to RNRC with a small area around it would be great).

In fact, I should make a page here on the Imagineering threads for my DHS ideas.

Daveeeeed

I like the idea of Phase 3 being Pixar (Monstropolis gets my vote), and the potential Phase 4 being Indiana Jones. That way we have two Pixar lands, two Lucasfilm lands, and potentially 1 land each for Muppets (if that area gets enhancements as rumored) and Marvel (GOTG update to RNRC with a small area around it would be great).

In fact, I should make a page here on the Imagineering threads for my DHS ideas.
I think Guardians of the Galaxy to the Rockin' a Roller Coaster is not a good idea, but it could definitely work somewhere else in the park, also having 4 lands based on ip's is too much without a counter balance of sorts. Sunset Boulevard, and Hollywood Boulevard are just not enough; another big non ip land would have to go in the park. The rumors I've heard of Muppets was more like a mini land, but with an additional ride possibly.

Chris82

I'd go with Incredibles, because (1) it's a fantastic movie, and (2) the 60's-themed superhero genre might give the land a broader, more accessible appeal in the same way that Cars-land is really "Route 66-land" in disguise. Also, it'd mean we'd have to get original rides rather than imports from other parks :p

Daveeeeed

Indy and Monsters inc for phase 3 & 4 plus Muppets for me seems a bit sketchy. I wonder how they could even fit all four in the park, and even more so than that if it would be worth it for Disney. I think just a phase 3 with a possible Muppets mini-land is most likely and Phase 4 might come sometime in late 2020's. I would personally prefer to see phase 4 for HWS not happen if Tomorrowland is never going to get overhauled. Monsters Inc. for sure gets my vote for phase 3 for HWS. Most of the land could be inside Monsters Inc. the door coaster, monsters inc laugh floor (or something else,) and a Monsters Inc. restaraunt would be fantastic. The lobby from the movie could be the inside of it. The area outside of it could be smaller then cars land minus radiator springs racers, but could feature that sushi restaraunt from the film. Even MU would be cool, but I don't think it would be a loss not to have it. Can't wait, but just hope if they do make a Monsters Inc suspended door coaster, that it has lie a 50 foot drop, no loops, maybe at one part 360 mega screens, and high speeds maybe 49 mph at one point or another. I don't believe there was any loops from the movie, and there also is a loop de loop rollercoaster and now a kid's coaster with slinky. Let's just hope that they make it about like ee on thrill level, but this ride if they make it over2 minutes is going to cost tons of money. Some real sets would also be fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom