Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

dreamfinder

And now that I looked at the prices, yoinks. Looks like it's per person pricing for the hotels and not per room? Although I like the sub $100 half marathon entry fee.

Texas84

I've used GetTravel for DLR races. Had good experiences with them. Think I'm going to sleep on it and call them tomorrow.

Mad Stitch

There is a link to a PDF where you can book through a travel agency instead of DLP direct. See here -> http://run.disneylandparis.com/sites/default/files/files/official-travel-partners.pdf There is 1 US based agency selling this event, you can find their info here -> http://www.gettravel.com/dlhmparis/index.shtml
Yes, I saw that. Now I need to wait for those west coasters to wake up and get to work. I noticed they were open for 2 hours right as registration started, but who besides @Tinkerbell 8 was up that early! :p

Last edited:

Mad Stitch

And now that I looked at the prices, yoinks. Looks like it's per person pricing for the hotels and not per room? Although I like the sub $100 half marathon entry fee.

I priced a trip to DLP independent from the race to use for comparison reasons and it looks like they are offering a decent discount with this package.

Tinkerbell 8

Yes, I saw that. Now I need to wait for those west coasters to wake up and get to work. I noticed they were open for 2 hours right as registration started, but who besides @Tinkerbell 8 was up that early! :p

Haha can you tell I really wanted to get into this race?? :D I've been to Paris before, but never to DLP and now that my husband agreed to go with me I didn't want anything getting in the way of this trip, especially because he has never been to Paris and it has always been his dream to go there. I thought the packages were pretty reasonable if you are staying at one of the cheaper hotels, I booked 4 nights at Santa Fe with the 4 day/2 park hopper tickets for us two adults, the 5K & half marathon (just for myself), inaugural party and the 1st category seating for the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show (for both of us) and it was $1,700, which is only slightly more for just myself going to the Princess Half in February. Of course this isn't including airfare, but thankfully hubby is paying for that :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell 8

As far as the medical waiver goes, my husband is my doctor, do you think there will be any issue with that since we have the same last name and he is also on the reservation?

Mad Stitch

From the USA travel agency:
Attention DLP Runners
We appreciate you visiting our event travel page for the 2015 Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon Weekend.

Because of overwhelming popularity, GET Sports is temporarily sold out of registrations for the Disnelyland Paris Half Marathon and 5K races. We have requested additional inventory from runDisney and hope to receive more. Until then, if you are still interested in this event, please visit GETTravel.com/dlhmparis for pricing, complete and submit this form, and we will follow up with you soon.

Thank you again for your understanding!

Mad Stitch

Well, after calling Pairs registration directly and being on hold for 40 minutes I got though to an operator, who immediately hung up on me! :mad:

Furiated

Well, after calling Pairs registration directly and being on hold for 40 minutes I got though to an operator, who immediately hung up on me! :mad:

I was able to book directly through DLP yesterday but good lord, the phone wait times are insane. Was on hold for 20 minutes and my cell dropped the call. Called back and was on hold for literally an hour. Once I got through the rep I talked to was very knowledgeable and the booking went fine. Thankfully before the call I checked with my cell provider and added international calling for $5, otherwise the cost of that call would have been crazy!

Texas84

Got my wait list in.

OK, on the medical form, showed it to my family doc today and US doctors don't do stamps. He said he dealt with this before and had to get a notary involved. He used his standard office address stamp for now. Going to need some clarification on this one. If no one here knows I'll see what I can find out.

Mad Stitch

I'm in! Well that was the most painful signup for anything ever. I would have rather arrived on Saturday and depart Tuesday, but no big deal.
Got my wait list in.
Are you going through the US travel agency? Skip that and call DLP directly, just be prepared to be on hold for a long time. Get a pre-paid calling card, is was less than $0.02 per minute. And contact your credit card company before hand so that the overseas transaction is not blocked.

Last edited:

Texas84

A travel tip if you haven't flown to Europe from the US: Your international flight will probably leave in the afternoon and arrive in the morning local time THE NEXT DAY. Be sure and plan for this.

Texas84

In in! I waited for GetTravel because I'm lazy and they came through today with the days and resort I wanted. I was going to also do the 5K but they said it is all sold out. I'm guessing that is the package allotment and I can try again when general registration opens.

Now to look for the airfare that might be as much as the running package. :facepalm:

Mad Stitch

This medial form is really confusing. In the first paragraph of the medial certificate page (http://run.disneylandparis.com/practical-info/medical-certificate-waivers-and-insurance-policies) it says "a valid health certificate delivered by your doctor is mandatory. It must have been delivered less than one year before the race day." So that makes it sound like the form must be sent in by my doctor, not me. I was also told by the operator who did my reservation that the medial form must be completed within three months of the race, but maybe she was misinformed. But then the page goes on to say "Licence or health certificate will be asked during the distribution of the bibs." and "You must provide a medical certificate when you pick up your race number at the Expo." Ok, so now I think I just bring it with me to packet pick up. But then towards the bottom of the page, in bold now, it says "if a medical certificate is not provided by June 1, 2016, you will not be eligible to participate." Huh? Isn't that contradicting collection at the expo? I have no clue what to do.

Tinkerbell 8

It is really confusing, I may just send a copy and then bring a copy to the expo. Thankfully it doesnt require a medical stamp and the license number is okay since my doctor (aka my husband) doesnt have a stamp.

Texas84

Waiting to hear back from DLP on the date confusion. Also asked about who sends it, us or the doctor. They are well aware people have questions about this. Did anyone proof read that web page? :rolleyes:

Edit: Got an answer, sort of. The form is due June 1 and in a few weeks there will be a link posted on their site with further instructions. There will be a 'runner profile' created. I'm hoping that can be used to upload the signed form. They didn't say that but I'll wait for the new link and see what happens.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom