The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

GiveMeTheMusic

So will DL go back to rotating Pyro shows and MSEP(PTN now) only in summer?

This is something no one knows yet, although it would be safe to assume that PTN will never be relegated to just summer. Like Fantasmic, after the celebration is over it will likely become weekends only in the off-season and daily during peak times.

prberk

Paint the Night needs to go. It results in the closure of the Storybook Land Canal Boats at night. I won't stand for this.

I rode them for the first time last month, while I was there for my Disneyland/Expo adventure. I have to say that I enjoyed the quiet solitude of it. It was, in fact, at night, well after the Paint the Night. I want to say it was around 11:00 at night. Almost no line. If they close it for Paint the Night, they must re-open it right afterward.

Anyway, a beautiful, understated ride -- something I like in the Disney parks around the world. Many of these things go unnoticed. But I notice.

Figments Friend

I really enjoy the Canel Boats too.
I like to ride early in the day and later in the evening if I can, as the line can get quite long.
Took me several visits before I finally was able to time it right so the line was not too long.

The miniature buildings and quaint themed areas are lovely.
It's a nice relaxing cruise too, exspecially if you manage to ride in a childless boat.

Mike S

I really enjoy the Canel Boats too.
I like to ride early in the day and later in the evening if I can, as the line can get quite long.
Took me several visits before I finally was able to time it right so the line was not too long.

The miniature buildings and quaint themed areas are lovely.
It's a nice relaxing cruise too, exspecially if you manage to ride in a childless boat.
It's one of the new (for me) rides I really enjoyed over there. Very calm and relaxing.

phillip sugarman

Spy%20Pic%20Luigi_zpsogwwyeu3.jpg

I found a picture online of what Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters looks like right now. It doesn't look like much has been done besides the ride vehicle changes.

Phroobar

After watching the World of Color and DCA is now closed for the night, they play a special kiss good night song where Walt Disney says it's passed his bed time. Then they play a song were some of the lyrics are "I believe in Disneyland. Come with me to Disneyland. Let's all go to Disneyland."

Is that DCA's way of saying, "Get out! We're closed! You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."? Skip to 4:38

After watching the World of Color and DCA is now closed for the night, they play a special kiss good night song where Walt Disney says it's passed his bed time. Then they play a song were some of the lyrics are "I believe in Disneyland. Come with me to Disneyland. Let's all go to Disneyland."

Is that DCA's way of saying, "Get out! We're closed! You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."? Skip to 4:38

Actually that song is from a musical called Smile. Howard Ashman did the music for it. And Jodi Benson was in the OBC, and Disneyland was her solo.

I can't believe I didn't just think of this till now. But I wonder if Disney will skip over WDW's 50th in 2021 and Disneyland's 70th in 2025 in favor of doing something for the centennial of the entire company in 2024.

ForeverAnna

I can't believe I didn't just think of this till now. But I wonder if Disney will skip over WDW's 50th in 2021 and Disneyland's 70th in 2025 in favor of doing something for the centennial of the entire company in 2024.

I'm not expecting a big celebration for the 70th because I expect they'll be more focused on the 75th. What I'm really hoping for is a big celebration in 2028 for Mickey's 100th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom