Website Broken?

JennSmith

Original Poster
Out of curiosity when you visit the page does it get stuck on collective media? If it does then you could try using the plugin Ad Block Plus for firefox or chrome. The plugin stops ads and from my test does not let that url load.
No - it goes through a bunch more. I did try adding that extension though but it still didn't work...unless I didn't do what you meant for me to do lol.

Jahona

@Icebergtip and @JENN SMITH do you know your internet provider and what general area are you in? If not you can go to speedtest.net and in the bottom left below the numbers for your IP address it will tell you. It's not uncommon for a service provider to have issues with a certain website regionally. Usually happens when redirecting through servers.

Jahona

Ok your routing through Kentukey. That's not exactly your internet provider but Mikrotec does provide internet security solutions like firewalls.

JamieLee18

Today is our day to book too. My mom called because we have a large group. They said the fast pass booking system is down for at least 2 hours (that was at 7am this morning). Is that the website we're talking about?

JennSmith

Original Poster
Today is our day to book too. My mom called because we have a large group. They said the fast pass booking system is down for at least 2 hours (that was at 7am this morning). Is that the website we're talking about?
Yes and no...I mean the homepage to WDW is messed up for me. So I can't really do anything at all.

Jahona

Were talking in general the Walt Disney World website. If you have a smart phone you may have a bit more luck making selections through the app if the website is not functional. I don't have access to FP+ bookings so I can't test to see if it's working or not.

JennSmith

Original Poster
I have searched and searched and I read somewhere that there is a mismatch/problem with the certificate...but I have no clue how to fix it.

JennSmith

Original Poster
It may not be the cause. I clicked on "inspect element" and noticed all these red errors. So I copied and pasted it and that's what came up.
upload_2015-10-14_14-15-8.png

Miceberg

@Icebergtip and @JENN SMITH do you know your internet provider and what general area are you in? If not you can go to speedtest.net and in the bottom left below the numbers for your IP address it will tell you. It's not uncommon for a service provider to have issues with a certain website regionally. Usually happens when redirecting through servers.
TW Telecom Los Angeles

It's not working for me again today, however I gave up trying to use it at this location. It still works at home so I was able to accomplish my mission before leaving for work this morning.

Jahona

So both of you are having issues going through your work connections. @JENN SMITH that looks like a firewall issue. It is denying access to core components of the site. Since you and Icebergtip are both going through your work connection I would have to say that you might be having the same issue with your corporate firewall.

JennSmith

Original Poster
So both of you are having issues going through your work connections. @JENN SMITH that looks like a firewall issue. It is denying access to core components of the site. Since you and Icebergtip are both going through your work connection I would have to say that you might be having the same issue with your corporate firewall.
This busts my bubble in so many ways. ONLY because I really do rely on it here at work to make FP and ADRs while on break. Plus it makes no sense that I can still access SO many other websites that I would think would be blocked as well...no, no, no lol...they are decent websites haha. Just saying...why the actual Disney sight but not blogs, not Universal Studios, etc. It's so weird.

CaptainAmerica

This busts my bubble in so many ways. ONLY because I really do rely on it here at work to make FP and ADRs while on break. Plus it makes no sense that I can still access SO many other websites that I would think would be blocked as well...no, no, no lol...they are decent websites haha. Just saying...why the actual Disney sight but not blogs, not Universal Studios, etc. It's so weird.
It doesn't sound like it's blocked for content reasons, i.e. it's not like your employer is saying "the WDW site is inappropriate and we're blocking it." It's more of a technical thing with certain scripts, etc. that Disney uses.

JennSmith

Original Poster
It doesn't sound like it's blocked for content reasons, i.e. it's not like your employer is saying "the WDW site is inappropriate and we're blocking it." It's more of a technical thing with certain scripts, etc. that Disney uses.
Ohhhhh okay. Still...sadness prevails...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom