Resort booking second thoughts

aw14

Hello all

We are currently booked for a late march early April 2016 stay for my 40th. Currently in Sugar Loaf at the GF. However, I have been speaking with my TA, and she forwarded me the pricing differential for Club Level at the YC. There is between a $400-$500 difference where YC is cheaper.

Additionally, after we did our dinner reservations we are eating at the following
1. San Angel Inn
2. Rose and Crown
3. Beaches and Cream
4. Yachtsman

So....the dilemma. Part of me wants to try GF as I don't know if I will ever get that opportunity. However, we will be in the Epcot area a lot while there, and maybe YC is the best location based option.

Anyone with any YC Club Level experience or thoughts one way or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Minnie's BFF

If it were me, I'd stick with the Grand Floridian, only because I am in a similar situation where we are going to the Grand Floridian in January, just because it's the least expensive time of the year and I have always wanted to stay there. We're not staying at club level at GF, wish we could. With the hotel prices going up, and discount percentages going down, it will probably be my last chance at staying there.

Having said that, the boardwalk area is our favorite area to stay. We have stayed at YC three times, once at club level (free upgrade). We have stayed at Boardwalk Inn once, and have an 2 upcoming stays at BWI. The stay in 3 weeks is for my 60th birthday (YIKES) and in April for our 30th anniversary (YIKES AGAIN!!!). We haven't stayed at the Yacht Club in a few years, because we can never seem to get a reservation there, but we did love it when we did stay there. I have seen comments that says YC is due for a renovation. That is the other reason I would stick with Grand Floridian, because it has been more recently renovated.

As I said, I have never stayed club level at Grand Floridian, but I bet it's as good, if not better than Yacht Club's club level. Also make sure that if you do decide on YC club level, that it has a waterview. I believe they have a standard view, club level. I wouldn't want to be at club level and chance overlooking the roof.

Maybe you could change your Beaches and Cream reservation to something at the Grand Floridian, and then save Beaches and Cream for another trip, giving you a good reason to stay at a boardwalk resort for a future trip. I love making up reasons for future trips.

What ever you choose, hope you have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
Thank you Minnie. I appreciate your thoughts. We stayed club level at poly in August and it was great. Considering that as well. We also stayed at Contemporary with a theme park view with no concierge previously and loved that too. We are a major MK family, so this is causing an annoyance :). Might have the TA check a club level at contemporary as well

Upvote 0

Mukta

If you have never stayed in the Epcot area before, this is the perfect time to try. It will be an easy commute for you with the plans you have. I think you will really enjoy it

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Confession - I have never stayed at YC, and the last time I stayed at GF, I was like 9. So, I may not have the most comprehensive perspective here. However, our last trip we got club level at the WL, and although it was nice, I don't think I would ever do it again because we weren't at the hotel enough to really get great use out of it, and even when we did use it, it wasn't all that impressive for what you pay for it.

Long story short -- I would chose GF and forego the club level if you think this may be your last opportunity to stay there. Plus, you're on the mono, so it's not difficult to get to Epcot.

Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
Confession - I have never stayed at YC, and the last time I stayed at GF, I was like 9. So, I may not have the most comprehensive perspective here. However, our last trip we got club level at the WL, and although it was nice, I don't think I would ever do it again because we weren't at the hotel enough to really get great use out of it, and even when we did use it, it wasn't all that impressive for what you pay for it.

Long story short -- I would chose GF and forego the club level if you think this may be your last opportunity to stay there. Plus, you're on the mono, so it's not difficult to get to Epcot.
Thank you for the feedback. We are actually seriously considering YC now, since there is an even bigger discount based on my Disney Visa card. The savings is roughly $1500, which might be too good to pass up. I am also throwing Contemporary club level in the mix, as I absolutely love that resort from our previous stay.

Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
Unfortunately, had to make another change the club level offerings at YC were not going to be good for our family We are now staying at the Atrium Club CR with a bay lake view. We have stayed at CR before and loved it

Upvote 0

TXDisney

BC/YC are our favorite resorts. But we are Epcot lovers. So being right there benefits us with dining and convenience. If your more of a MK family, GF might be better. Either way you can't go wrong.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

made the decision.

We chose to stay at the Yacht Club, club level in a deluxe room. Couldn't beat the discount due to a simple disney visa card. :)

I'm glad you made the switch!! I would give my left arm to stay there--- lol not really, but seriously, I love it there!!! You're going to have a blast. We stay at the Boardwalk and Swan & Dolphin bc of the proximity to my family's favorite park: EPCOT!!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom