NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

Lucky

I've learned the rule to success halfway through last season, when my record starting skyrocketing from worst to middle of the pack. It plagued me in the first season, too. However, I can't share this crucial secret unless I want to help out the competition.
I'll share it if you won't.

Always pick the team that's going to put more points up on the board.

PUSH

Original Poster
So I've given up hope for this week. Now I'm focusing on the roster moves I'm going to make. This post really is just to help me keep track of my thoughts so I don't get confused tomorrow or Wednesday when trying to add players.

1. Get the Marshawn Lynch deal done.
2. Drop Jamaal Charles.
3. Add Tyler Eifert (or Antonio Gates, should Eifert be snatched up.)
4. Add another player to the roster, possibly Tyrod Taylor, Isaiah Crowell, Jamaal Charles replacement, Danny Woodhead, Ty Montgomery, or Davante Adams for when he returns

PUSH

Original Poster
Scored 84 points this week. 40 of which came from Doug Martin. No other players scored over 10. I really need more production. That Roethlisberger injury has really hurt me.

PUSH

Original Poster
Marshawn Lynch trade has been accepted. It will be official on Thursday should 4 people not veto it. Tyler Eifert I am currently claiming on waivers, which I'll see if I get him tomorrow morning.

PUSH

Original Poster
I've also dropped Jamaal Charles. Sad day. Here I thought I was going to have a Charles/Lynch backfield tandem. :(

PUSH

Original Poster
Yeah... I'd object that trade.

My current plot is a pair of WRs for Lacy while he is angering his current owner.
I'm possibly going to try and grab Julian Edelman from someone else, too. My flex options have been very inconsistent, and Edelman has consistently given 8+ points each week. Plus, he's been sitting on the bench for a few weeks now, so he might bite. I'm going to get the Lynch trade settled first.

acishere

I'm possibly going to try and grab Julian Edelman from someone else, too. My flex options have been very inconsistent, and Edelman has consistently given 8+ points each week. Plus, he's been sitting on the bench for a few weeks now, so he might bite. I'm going to get the Lynch trade settled first.
He has become my WR1 with Hilton not having any luck and Jeffery possibly being something John Fox made up to scare other teams...

PUSH

Original Poster
He has become my WR1 with Hilton not having any luck and Jeffery possibly being something John Fox made up to scare other teams...
I'm definitely happy I chose Keenan Allen over guys like Hilton and Jeffery to be my WR2. Those guys were still there (Jeffery maybe not), but I bypassed them for Allen instead.

acishere

I'm definitely happy I chose Keenan Allen over guys like Hilton and Jeffery to be my WR2. Those guys were still there (Jeffery maybe not), but I bypassed them for Allen instead.
I had last pick in the second round of a 12 man league. I took what was left. Allen wasn't left.

PUSH

Original Poster
I had last pick in the second round of a 12 man league. I took what was left. Allen wasn't left.
I got Allen in round 5, and Hilton and Jeffery were gone already now that I look back. My draft went like this:

1. Jamaal Charles (dropped)
2. Antonio Brown
3. Matt Ryan
4. LeSean McCoy (trade pending)
5. Keenan Allen
6. Mike Evans
7. Martellus Bennet (trade pending)
8. Bills D/ST
9. Steven Hauschka
10. Ben Roethlisberger
11. Chris Ivory
12. Jarvis Landry
13. Michael Floyd (dropped)
14. Doug Martin
15. Delanie Walker (dropped)
16. Victor Cruz (dropped)

PUSH

Original Poster
Marshawn Lynch trade is done. Added Davante Adams in my empty roster slot, as it looks like he has a chance to play this week, if not most likely after the Packers bye next week. And with the struggles from Green Bay's offense the past couple weeks, Adams might be the deep threat Green Bay needs. As for this week my lineup looks like this:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Marshawn Lynch
RB2: Chris Ivory
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Eifert
FLEX: Jordan Matthews
D/ST: Bills
K: Steven Hauschka

Was hoping to plug Karlos Williams in at the flex spot, but it doesn't look like he'll be ready to go.

PUSH

Original Poster
Just realized I have Matt Ryan, and my opponent has Julio Jones. I hate when that happens.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Falcons have really left a lot of plays on the field, and have made a lot of mistakes. Kind of sad, as I actually wanted them to stay undefeated for a while longer.

PUSH

Original Poster
What a weird game for the Steelers. Mike Vick went most of the first half passing for -1 yard. Now Landry Jones is in at QB, and somehow they're winning. Antonio Brown has one catch for -2 yards.

Chris Ivory has gotten me 19 points so far today, but Brown has me 0 points, and Tyler Eifert only has me 1. I have Marshawn Lynch, Keenan Allen, and Steven Hauschka to play yet today, and Jordan Matthews tomorrow night.

acishere

I think I'm just going to stop maintaining my fantasy team. I already know some people are shutting down any attempt to trade with me to profit from my lack of usable running backs post Jamaal injury. When the fun gets sucked out of something, it is time to walk away.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think I'm just going to stop maintaining my fantasy team. I already know some people are shutting down any attempt to trade with me to profit from my lack of usable running backs post Jamaal injury. When the fun gets sucked out of something, it is time to walk away.
Play in a smaller league. You always feel like there's a possibility of winning, just to have that sense of hope ripped away three consecutive weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom