The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We get New Years Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Labor Day, two days for Thankgiving, and two days for Christmas.

What ticks me off is that they don't give you Veterans' Day. Same where I work, and no, they don't give us the day after Thanksgiving (some companies give that day, in lieu of Veterans' Day--happened at a few companies i used to work for). Personally, I'd rather give up Columbus Day for Veteran's Day. Veterans' Day is something I could far more relate to (two veterans in my family), than Columbus Day.

Songbird76

Oy. Holiday Tree seriously. We always had a Christmas Concert but that got slightly dicey too, treading on thin ice we were. But Christmas Carols are fun to sing. So the compromise was to sing holiday songs from all cultures and religions with a few Santa and Snowmen songs flung in for good measure. That seems to have made our legal team more comfy.
I remember one year...I don't remember what grade I was in, but it was elementary school, and one of our songs for the Christmas concert got pulled at the last minute because parents complained about the lyrics...it was called the 12 days after Christmas...I still remember the first bit: "The first day after Christmas, my true love and I had a fight. And so I chopped the pear tree down, and burned it just for spite. And with a single cartridge, I shot that blasted partridge, my true love, my true love, my true love gave to me."

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think it might be because of the heavy editing required for location shooting, to some extent it is a giant Disney commercial and it had to e perfect. I'm sure getting all of them on the various rides wasn't exactly a one take operation

Oh I agree with some of that, definitely. I knew they'd throw in some various footage here and there, but I really did think that the stage portion of the show with the audience in front, was "live". Anyway, glad you could see it and hopefully, you can watch the rest of the week. I'll miss the rest, because I'm back to work today. :( (No, I don't have a DVR.)

Songbird76

View attachment 114310 Pictures....Animal Kingdom. A MR FERRET look a like. :joyfull::joyfull:

View attachment 114311

View attachment 114312
Cloudy today at Animal Kingdom, not the best picture taking opportunities.
View attachment 114313

View attachment 114314

On to Epcot....

View attachment 114315

View attachment 114316

View attachment 114317

Today's epcot food and wine treat chocolate cherry explosion. Hubby loved it, me not so much. I like dark chocolate.! We have only got in one thing a day as the lines are way too long in the sun! Out for tonight, xoxo to all. I'm going to be these hours are killing me. :joyfull:
FIGMENT!!!!!!! I LOVE Figment! Imagination was one of my favorite rides ever before they changed it.
Poor baby....sounds like he needed to get out of the sun! I actually have no problem with public breast feeding...it's completely natural and the kid's gotta eat. Was there a father there who could have stood in the line to hold her place while she fed the baby somewhere else? I found when I was nursing my babies that there weren't good accommodations for nursing mothers. I used a changing stall in a clothing store, a bathroom stall another time, but it was uncomfortable, awkward, and probably not sanitary. Sometimes there just isn't a good option.

Songbird76

Oh for Pete sake then let your kid dress up as a Daisy then. Some folks just need to stop it.

What I am watching closely is the case of IX gender discrimination for locker room use. The transgender individual who is currently living as a female and wants full access to the girls locker room. The compromise was to give restricted changing areas in the girls locker room and bathroom out of respect for the females that were not comfortable changing in front of and being with the individual as changing occurred. My mind immediately went to my DD swimteam and how there was no time for modesty if ya ripped a swim suit and getting back up on the block. This is a school district in N. IL NW suburbs, it decision is going to impact our district as a school board member I'm dreading it. I'm going to get yelled at by parents while walking Walt and shopping at the Target. My gut is IX gender the individual rights will trump those of privacy expectations of the other female students. This could trickle down to our Primary, Elementary and Middle School-which has 2 locker rooms in a school built in 1939.

Well in the world according to Gabe my prediction is all places with restrooms, locker rooms along with fitting rooms, dorms are going to be co-ed eventually and sooner in many cases. While giving access to some schools will also need to look at the solutions for privacy for others and their religious limitations. I think facilities will be similar to fitting rooms at Target, very tall and dividers and doors down to the floor. Family Room/Changing rooms are like this at many park districts, not for the Transgender accommodations but for the creeps that were putting cameras under the stalls children were using.

While for new builds this would work, far more expensive to build but hey what isn't. Plumbing reworks OMG expensive. Me, I think of our 1939 school and I look at our budget and think oh my. And the other 2 schools it is going to be wildly expensive. So I am watching this with heightened interest with anticipation of complying likely in the not so distant future. So the next time you see a school board member that just made cuts to band, sports or speech club try to remember they 1st have to comply with new mandates and fund those mandates. Be kind. I'm old enough to remember adding female locker rooms in high schools that were equivalent to what was provided to the boys under title IX gender mandates. Too bad back in 1972 my predecessors didn't just toss all the students in one giant locker room and be done with it. ;) It is depressing when you evaluate solutions and there isn't an easy solution for everyone that is impacted and yet still have empathy for all the students. Its hard. :facepalm::bawling::arghh::cry::cyclops:
I have to wonder if the people objecting to getting dressed in front of a transgender person have ever given thought that they have almost certainly gotten dressed in front of someone who is attracted to the same sex...it's just not something you think about because they all look the same as everyone else and you can't tell who they are attracted to by outer appearance. So really, it's no different dressing in front of a transgender person. And that transgender person is probably just as self conscious of dressing in front of you. I HATED getting dressed in the locker rooms back in high school...I always felt like everyone was judging me. I used to go change in a bathroom stall instead. High school locker rooms are just a form of torture in general. They are breeding grounds for insecurity and judgment.

Songbird76

as a tourist, jokes like this do not amuse me :/

I mean, I do rely a lot in instructions and maps.
I already have enough problems dealing with people, can you imagine if they kept giving me false directions everywhere?
Well we didn't really have tourists in our town. It was a town of 1200 people in the middle of nowhere with 1 main street that made a circle...you couldn't really get lost. All that would happen is you'd drive around the circle and realize there's no stoplight. The other joke was "Take a left at the antelope." Most people coming to our town were relatives or friends of someone who lived there and knew straight off it was a joke because they knew there were no stoplights. And visitors were very rare anyway. You wouldn't do that to someone unless they were being a jerk to you, anyway, and then there's no harm done. There was no "bad" part of town or anything. You'd just drive in a circle and end up back where you started 2 minutes later.

Songbird76

I don't think they actually gave false directions. Songbird did say "if". :D
No, I never did that, but there were some who would. But I was only asked directions once there...we so rarely got out of towners and it was impossible to get lost in our town, even for me, and I have ZERO sense of direction. So even if we HAD done that, it wouldn't have been a serious problem. The one time I was asked for directions I had to ask who they were looking for, because the housing section only had a few street names, but they would have 2 versions of the same name...Sundance circle and Sundance court, so it was easier to remember who lived where and then you could give the right directions. Otherwise it would be too easy to send someone to the wrong side of the main street. Every street connected to the main street and the main street went in a circle. You literally could not go wrong because no matter what, you ended up right back on the main street.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh I agree with some of that, definitely. I knew they'd throw in some various footage here and there, but I really did think that the stage portion of the show with the audience in front, was "live". Anyway, glad you could see it and hopefully, you can watch the rest of the week. I'll miss the rest, because I'm back to work today. :( (No, I don't have a DVR.)
On demand, hulu? If not an old vcr and tape? If not:(:(:(

Abraham213DL

This is a fun, light-hearted thread for just chit chatting. This is the place for updates on the ups and downs of life, news of the weird, favorite TV shows, good movies, etc. But we should all at least act like friends. ;) Clean slate and all that.

I'll start by saying I just saw Gone Girl. Whoa! Didn't see that coming. But I won't tell you what - no spoilers please.
Good idea i love to chat with someone about Disney World

StarWarsGirl

Good idea i love to chat with someone about Disney World
Welcome to Chit Chat. We're all mad here

tumblr_mjdjan3zCb1qlzjz8o1_400_large.gif

StarWarsGirl

Good morning! How are your boo boos? Hope You're well on the mend! xoxo
They're actually better. I played piano over the weekend. Nothing crazy, songs where the right hand does most of the work and the left hand plays chords. Hurt initially, but then eased up the more I played. Physical therapist told me I should be okay to do some light exercises (like piano) with it as long as I ice it afterward. Still keeping the incisions covered. Still have numb spots on my hand. Every now and then, they feel like bee stings.

This morning was kinda rough. Overslept, forgot my Surface's pen, didn't have time for breakfast, and got a C on my Finance test, which the professor told me was actually good. :bored: It's passing, which is my goal for this class at this point. And I think I'm getting sick and I'm kinda just waiting for asthma symptoms to start.

So I just finished a muffin and got a latte. I haven't had one since WDW. It's glorious. Although, aside from the missing coconut milk, I think this one is better. :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom