What did you do?

Kermit262

Ha, I'm right there with you. 5 yesterday and 15 today. Mile 12 was my fastest because I was showing off passing an attractive woman. :D
Sometimes you've got to take motivation wherever you can find it. :)

We are following the same plan I can see - the Higdon Dopey. I'm not going to follow it exactly, since I'm only running the marathon this time. But in January when I ran the Dopey it served me well, so I'm going to use it again with some slight tweaks. I really like that every other week is a step-down in the long run.

Last edited:

Mad Stitch

5 miles tonight. I'm having a problem with my new shoes. The insert that came with them is riding up in the heel and thus my toes overhang off the front edge. This is only happening in one shoe. Anyone have an idea how to keep it in place? Would duct tape hold up?

tmitch

5 miles tonight. I'm having a problem with my new shoes. The insert that came with them is riding up in the heel and thus my toes overhang off the front edge. This is only happening in one shoe. Anyone have an idea how to keep it in place? Would duct tape hold up?
You would have to loop the tape to get it to stick to both sides and I think that would wear out quickly between moisture and movement. If you can't return them, might I suggest a heavier waterproof glue?

Texas84

I always replace the stock inserts with Spenco inserts. Recommended for me by my foot doc. I've heard of Shoe Goo but never had to use it myself.

Texas84

This week: 2.5-6-3.

2.5 because I got stuck in a sudden storm with lightning and cut off a half mile. As soon as I got back indoors all heck busted loose. Temps have been in the 50s and that's making for better times.

Texas84

9 miles this morning. Feeling really good after mile 6 and forced myself to take my walk breaks. Still trying not to overdo it with the bad foot that actually felt GREAT this morning. Temps in the 40s, had to break out the long sleeves and light running gloves.

Going to visit my hometown in Texas next week. It's going to be warmer but a lot flatter. Looking forward to a level 16-miler.

tmitch

3/4 of a mile before I gave in to knee pain. Haven't recovered from the marathon yet. Btw, this post marathon depression is for real:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom