NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

flynnibus

Premium Member
Two of my RBs are out this week (LeSean McCoy, Karlos Williams), one is on a bye (Chris Ivory), and that leaves me with Jamaal Charles and Doug Martin. Hopefully Martin puts up last week's numbers!

How big is your bench? 5 rbs on your team??

3 of which are the top 10 rbs in the league... No one is sharing your pain ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wasn't looking for sympathy. But you are not realizing that due to the smaller league size I'm going up against better competition than those in bigger leagues. It evens itself out.

In those leagues and the 'one week leagues' its no longer about management and becomes just 'pick who will score more this week'... there is little need to dig deep or find the diamond in the rough when its picking which of the top 5 players I want to start...

The question still stands.. how many people does your league allow that you can afford to have 5 RBs?

PUSH

Original Poster
In those leagues and the 'one week leagues' its no longer about management and becomes just 'pick who will score more this week'... there is little need to dig deep or find the diamond in the rough when its picking which of the top 5 players I want to start...

The question still stands.. how many people does your league allow that you can afford to have 5 RBs?
Take a look at your roster, count the spots, and that's what I'm working with. I can afford to have 5 RBs because I chose to draft them over other players, and I value them more than the other players I have to work with. I also have 5 WRs, 2 QBs (essentially one right now), 2 TEs, 1 K and 1 D/ST. The only difference between my roster and the one you posted last week is I have an extra RB instead of a WR. I don't see why it's such a huge deal.

acishere

The NYC media market is actually showing non Jets/Giants games at 1pm. They finally found games that will get more viewers than an infomercial or a movie starring David Caruso. :rolleyes:

Also I can't get rid of Alshon Jeffrey. No one is biting. All I want is an RB2. Someone just give me an RB2 and free me from that waste of a round 2 draft pick! I hate John Fox and his constant screwing with me.

PUSH

Original Poster
My plummet to last place begins now. I just lost my one good RB.
Yep. This blows. But last night I made a verbal agreement to trade LeSean McCoy and Martellus Bennett for Marshawn Lynch. Whether that verbal agreement holds up after this weekend remains to be seen.

acishere

Yep. This blows. But last night I made a verbal agreement to trade LeSean McCoy and Martellus Bennett for Marshawn Lynch. Whether that verbal agreement holds up after this weekend remains to be seen.
I can't trade away anyone that'll get me an RB1 without damaging my team even more. I can't get either of his backups on waivers because of league settings. I have no other RBs that are really worth starting, I'm stuck with Melvin Gordon as my RB2 and he is constantly being vultured by a hobbit. I can honestly say I am done for the year.

PUSH

Original Poster
I can't trade away anyone that'll get me an RB1 without damaging my team even more. I can't get either of his backups on waivers because of league settings. I have no other RBs that are really worth starting, I'm stuck with Melvin Gordon as my RB2 and he is constantly being vultured by a hobbit. I can honestly say I am done for the year.
The person I'm trying to trade with had her boyfriend (who is also in the league) take a look at my roster and see who's worth getting, so I was nervous I was going to get caught in making a bad offer. But he found Martellus Bennett and McCoy a fair trade because she have TE worth starting. I don't think he realizes Tyler Eifert is on waivers... who I will try to pick up again if I can. Also Knile Davis is available, so I'll try to snatch him up by dropping someone else. I'm not sure if I can even drop Charles because I think he's on the "no drop" list.

acishere

The person I'm trying to trade with had her boyfriend (who is also in the league) take a look at my roster and see who's worth getting, so I was nervous I was going to get caught in making a bad offer. But he found Martellus Bennett and McCoy a fair trade because she have TE worth starting. I don't think he realizes Tyler Eifert is on waivers... who I will try to pick up again if I can. Also Knile Davis is available, so I'll try to snatch him up by dropping someone else. I'm not sure if I can even drop Charles because I think he's on the "no drop" list.
Charles will be dropable after Monday. If you have keepers though you might want to hold onto him for next year. Also West took over for Charles today, not Davis. So he is likely the new starter, but there is also a chance it could be Davis or an RBBC could form.

PUSH

Original Poster
Charles will be dropable after Monday. If you have keepers though you might want to hold onto him for next year. Also West took over for Charles today, not Davis. So he is likely the new starter, but there is also a chance it could be Davis or an RBBC could form.
No keepers for us. And if there was, I'd probably keep Antonio Brown over Charles at this point. With a healthy Big Ben, he's been more consistent.

PUSH

Original Poster
Matt Ryan also let me down this week. However, I'm still winning (although Tom Brady is going against me right now, so that could change), and I still have Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen left. Hopefully I can get back to winning!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
As a die hard Cowboys fan having watched them be just less than average for most of the last seventeen years, this season looks to be the worst. Wheeden is terrible!

At least the defense is better this week but it is hard to hold the Patriots down when you only get 60 or so yards in the first half and o lay one drive that has more than three plays.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
As a die hard Cowboys fan having watched them be just less than average for most of the last seventeen years, this season looks to be the worst. Wheeden is terrible!

At least the defense is better this week but it is hard to hold the Patriots down when you only get 60 or so yards in the first half and o lay one drive that has more than three plays.
You and all other Cowgirls fans should hope and pray every day that Jerry Jones has an incapacitating stroke. The team will never win anything with him running the ship.

Lord_Vader

You and all other Cowgirls fans should hope and pray every day that Jerry Jones has an incapacitating stroke. The team will never win anything with him running the ship.

I am with you except without the key injuries this year they were a very good team but right now they are terrible, in my opinion the worst in the league after getting beat by the nearly as terrible Saints.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I am with you except without the key injuries this year they were a very good team but right now they are terrible, in my opinion the worst in the league after getting beat by the nearly as terrible Saints.
If you think that they are bad now, just wait. The way that they've structured a lot of their big money contracts, they won't have much cap room at all to get role players and depth. One or two injuries and Jerry will be petitioning the league to play 5-man football.

Lord_Vader

If you think that they are bad now, just wait. The way that they've structured a lot of their big money contracts, they won't have much cap room at all to get role players and depth. One or two injuries and Jerry will be petitioning the league to play 5-man football.

One or two? They already had that to key players and the result is about to be 0-3 and they should have handily beat two or of them with a healthy Romo and Bryant.

Right now the season is close to over with yet another mediocre or worse performance.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
One or two? They already had that to key players and the result is about to be 0-3 and they should have handily beat two or of them with a healthy Romo and Bryant.

Right now the season is close to over with yet another mediocre or worse performance.
Well, they are in the NFC (L)East. A sub .500 record might win the division.

Lord_Vader

Well, they are in the NFC (L)East. A sub .500 record might win the division.
I think you might be right but right now I don't see the Cowboys winning anything until mid November at the earliest, they will be 2-7 by then with a steep hill to climb and Romo still not back until Thanksgiving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom