Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Mad Stitch

I'm convinced there are people running just to get the exclusive merch. Sure, they could get some of it on eBay but that's not a sure thing. Luckily for me, the only thing I care about is the experience itself and, of course, the bling.
Why would someone even sign up for the race if they just want the merchandise? It doesn't cost anything to get into the expo.

Sumrdog

Not everyone knows that. Let's not advertise. :)
I have never really been too sucked into the whole merchandise thing with the exception of one major splurge the Star Wars purse...
Why would people want merch from a race they didn't run? I don't get it.

Texas84

I have never really been too sucked into the whole merchandise thing with the exception of one major splurge the Star Wars purse...
Why would people want merch from a race they didn't run? I don't get it.

I confess, I did it once. But I would never buy anything like an "I did it" shirt. Maybe a glass or a hat. I'm not big on the merch either.

Someone posted a while back about their runDisney medal collection he got from eBay. The replies got a bit ugly. Felt sorry for him because he said he was just a collector.

Sumrdog

I confess, I did it once. But I would never buy anything like an "I did it" shirt. Maybe a glass or a hat. I'm not big on the merch either.

Someone posted a while back about their runDisney medal collection he got from eBay. The replies got a bit ugly. Felt sorry for him because he said he was just a collector.
I can imagine that did get ugly. As I said before I don't see the fun in collecting something marking a personal achievement that one has no personal connection too.
I too might pick up a glass or a magnet but if the line is long or stuff is sold out I am fine with moving on.
I guess everyone has their thing that's important to them most of my friends think I am nuts to spend so much to run these races...So I don't want to pass judgement on anyone who would go to this reception. If I had an unlimited budget I suppose I might go too for the snacks and the hassle free packet pick up. It's holding steady at 36% still. So not too many people are jumping on it.

Last edited:

Mad Stitch

They should. For the past few years (so you can plan), it has been SSE, Nemo, Soarin, Test Track, Gran Fiesta, Maelstrom.....every country had a character meet and greet, every food booth was open, as were *some* World Showcase shops. I love the event.
I think it's safe to say that Maelstrom will not be open this year. :p

SpectroPhoenix

They should. For the past few years (so you can plan), it has been SSE, Nemo, Soarin, Test Track, Gran Fiesta, Maelstrom.....every country had a character meet and greet, every food booth was open, as were *some* World Showcase shops. I love the event.

Thanks for the info! Since Nemo should be open, does that mean the the whole pavilion will be open too? My mother is going to be at the Finish Line party waiting for me and my father to finish running and I'm trying to find things to keep her entertained until we get there. She's not a "Disney-person" like the rest of us, so she probably wouldn't enjoy just wandering around as much as we would. Are performers such as the Chinese acrobats going to be out during the party? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone and their training!

surfsupdon

Thanks for the info! Since Nemo should be open, does that mean the the whole pavilion will be open too? My mother is going to be at the Finish Line party waiting for me and my father to finish running and I'm trying to find things to keep her entertained until we get there. She's not a "Disney-person" like the rest of us, so she probably wouldn't enjoy just wandering around as much as we would. Are performers such as the Chinese acrobats going to be out during the party? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone and their training!

No, no Country entertainment. There will be a big DJ area set up by the fountain and that music will be park wide through the speakers....spontaneous dance parties WILL break out all around the Promenade. That is fun.

Seminole09

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am a first-time half marathoner and hope I'll have the energy afterwards to enjoy Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom