Magic Kingdom fireworks fallout zone

KentB3

Original Poster
This is a Really awesome thread!

You were right about that! So it's no wonder it keeps coming back for nearly 5 years! It's one of the most informative threads on the whole group, about the workings of wonders of WDW! ;)

There's another question I thought of. What size shells are used in Wishes and the current fireworks show, how many of each size shell (approximately), and where do they shoot each size of these? I'm certain that the fireworks shot from the roofs of the Fantasyland buildings are considerably smaller than the ones from the main launching pad in the back. I was also wondering if there was a certain area of the main launching pad where the 10 inch shells are launched, due to their huge size and fallout area.

Prog

I watched wishes from old Fantasyland, between the ice cream shop and Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train.
The wind shifted direction and I got hit with a lot of ash. Not hazardous, just annoying. Although it probably doesn't help that I was directly between two launch areas.

WDW Monorail

You were right about that! So it's no wonder it keeps coming back for nearly 5 years! It's one of the most informative threads on the whole group, about the workings of wonders of WDW! ;)

There's another question I thought of. What size shells are used in Wishes and the current fireworks show, how many of each size shell (approximately), and where do they shoot each size of these? I'm certain that the fireworks shot from the roofs of the Fantasyland buildings are considerably smaller than the ones from the main launching pad in the back. I was also wondering if there was a certain area of the main launching pad where the 10 inch shells are launched, due to their huge size and fallout area.

Wishes use 10" (4 of them), 8" (a handful) with the bulk being 6" and slightly smaller.
The largest product capable of being shot in the park is 1.75".

The 10" shells are shot from the North Western most corner of the launch site.

I assume much of the new parts of WDW's Fantasyland are within some sort of fallout zone, depending on the wind and assuming they are using the same shells and heights they used before the new part was open. I have worked custodial shifts in Fantasyland (ten years ago, but the same show as now) when they have closed the back part of the original Fantasyland (20K Leagues and Ariel's Grotto area) due to wind, but I still had to be in the area to do my job, and I definitely had spent shells raining down all around me the whole time. The newer parts are further back than that area where I would be covered in burning cardboard.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Hong Kong Disneyland does use small shells, but they do not all launch from castle roof tops. There is a launch site behind Fantasyland like in the other parks.

The only times at Disneyland Paris has a large traditional fireworks show is for Bastille Day and one other national holiday I'm forgetting at the moment.

Rob562

I guess I'm curious and haven't been able to find anything on the perimeter launch sites? Anyone know the details behind those?

They're temporary launch sites, not permanent ones. If I'm not mistaken, they're set up on either the railroad tracks or Floridian Way/World Drive (or maybe it's a combination of the two)

-Rob

Bryce hullinger

Disneyland resort in California only uses 3"-6" shells they dont use 8". On the buildings around the park those are (mines) they are kink of like a roman candle shot gun. Thats basically the only way I can describe them. All shells are launched from the main launch site you stated above. the shooting stars are launch from the castle as well as various suspened platforms in the cast member backlost by the main sight. No shells are launched above any buildings because it is too dangerous givin te close proximity to the spectators. only 90% of the shells are air launched some are still not.

Goofyque'

I watched wishes from old Fantasyland, between the ice cream shop and Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train.
The wind shifted direction and I got hit with a lot of ash. Not hazardous, just annoying. Although it probably doesn't help that I was directly between two launch areas.
One of my cousin's favorite souvenirs is the shirt he wore when we took him to Illuminations the first time. The wind changed and he was covered in ash and it permanently stained his shirt. He loves fireworks, and it was his best day ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom