Meal Plan question

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
I am planning on booking my first trip to Disneyland Paris next week (registering for their first half marathon) and I was wondering if it is beneficial to get their meal plan. I noticed it is completely different than the meal plan I'm used to getting at WDW so I wasn't sure if there is a benefit to getting it. At this point it looks like I'll be staying at either Hotel Cheyenne or Hotel Santa Fe from Sept 22-26, I may be going solo, but my husband may change his mind and come with. For those who have stayed multiple nights at DLP what are your thoughts on the plus meal plan?

Animaniac93-98

It's worth it if you want to eat at a table service restaurant every day, and eat all 3 courses. Otherwise it's just cheaper to pay out of pocket for the food you know you'll actually eat.

A continental breakfast is included in the cost of the hotel.

Tinkerkelle

Nice not to have to worry about cash or set aside spending money for meals. We love the WDW dining plan (it's always been a freebie!!) With the DLP plan we got meal vouchers to hand over, not sure if it's still the same. We had the full board which was a lot of food but let us try 6 table service/buffet meals (outwith the buffet breakfast each day at our hotel) When we went last in 2012 it was supposed to save about 10% on the same meals out of pocket so it does depend if you'll want to eat that amount and cut into your park time with sit down meals.

Den Carter

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but if you haven't already booked your vacation, it's worth noting that the DLP meal plans for Cheyenne and Santa Fe are 'standard' plans only, not 'plus' meal plans. The standard plan is comparable with WDW's 'quick service' dining plan. If you want table service you need a 'plus' meal plan, which is not available at Cheyenne or Santa Fe. You'd be better off at Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay or Hotel New York.

In my opinion the Half Board Plus meal plan at DLP is definitely worth it. It gives you breakfast plus one table service meal per day, plus one a donut and a coffee as a snack after 3pm. The standard Half Board isn't worth it as the quick service style restaurants at DLP aren't great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom