The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I'm sure my Mom in her own way, thought if she didn't co operate, it wouldn't happen. Like you say things work out for the best. :)
And look at us now...both happily married, functioning adults. I really can't complain. But feel free to smack me if I ever do the same thing to my daughter. She can become a happily married functioning adult in her own way. :p
Edited to add : my son, too, for that matter.

Songbird76

My hair is very thick, lots of volume but it is very wavy. The length pulls the funky waves out. When it shorter I need to straighten it and if it is humid that doesn't last long before it is wavy again. Mine is longer now than it should be but in summer it is pulled up anyhow. Soon much of it will be gone again.
Mine is thick, but very fine and it's pretty straight, but if I cut it to shoulder length, it frizzes out and looks ridiculous. If I cut it to chin length, I can use a straightener on it to combat the frizzies and then as it grows out I keep it tied back in either a bun or a braid to keep it from getting tangled. I also don't blow dry unless it's REALLY cold in the winter and I'm going to bed. But shoulder length is right in that range where it doesn't look good to leave it, it's too much work to straighten it, not to mention bad for my hair, and it's too short to tie it back without it looking stupid on me. When it grows out to shoulder length, I'm always tempted to cut it again.

betty rose

And look at us now...both happily married, functioning adults. I really can't complain. But feel free to smack me if I ever do the same thing to my daughter. She can become a happily married functioning adult in her own way. :p
Edited to add : my son, too, for that matter.
DD has become a very responsible adult, happily married and with two growing sons. She loves Disney! Hubby wrote a short e-mail last night telling her we have to take it a little more easy. She was very on board. I worried for nothing!

Songbird76

:joyfull: I'm an "old" mom. I was almost 36 when I had her but I still don't act my age so it's all good. :)
You're only as old as you feel, right? I'm kind of an "old" mom myself. Hubby and I had a hard time finding a place to live when we moved here and we wouldn't bring a child into the world until we could provide for him/her, so I was nearly 30 when I had my daughter, and I was a week from my 31st birthday when I had my son. Well...6 days, so for all intents and purposes, a week.

betty rose

Mine is thick, but very fine and it's pretty straight, but if I cut it to shoulder length, it frizzes out and looks ridiculous. If I cut it to chin length, I can use a straightener on it to combat the frizzies and then as it grows out I keep it tied back in either a bun or a braid to keep it from getting tangled. I also don't blow dry unless it's REALLY cold in the winter and I'm going to bed. But shoulder length is right in that range where it doesn't look good to leave it, it's too much work to straighten it, not to mention bad for my hair, and it's too short to tie it back without it looking stupid on me. When it grows out to shoulder length, I'm always tempted to cut it again.
Mine has gotten pretty much gray. I don't want to color with all my allergies. When we go to Disney, in the humidity it just stands on end...I plop on a hat, and off I go. Need the hat to protect my thining hair on top! I get a new hat each trip, so I feel better about that, and it keeps the sun out of my eyes! Win win for me. A souvenir and protection. Eye Doctor approves! And much cheaper than prescription sunglasses!:geek:

betty rose

My grandfather stopped by today to give us my great-great grandfather's violin and viola. My great great grandfather was in the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. The violin and viola are each over 100 years old. Sad because all I could do today was tune them, play the strings with no fingering using my violin's bow, and pluck "Twinkle twinkle little star" as if they were guitars. But once my hand heals, going to teach myself viola. :happy:
You are very talented, I hope your hand heals quickly. That will be so exciting to teach yourself a new instrument!

Songbird76

I love the old black and white films, Casablanca is a favorite of mine too. Along with Arsenic and Old Lace, and Desk Set.
I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've never seen Cassablanca. We did arscenic and old lace in my high school one year...I was one of the old ladies, but I don't remember which one. We were in the middle of the scene where the bad guy is coming in through the window and our set crashed. Hilarious. No one was hurt.

betty rose

I wear color now. I wear black pants, but I generally have a brightly colored top. I was severely insecure back in high school. I WISH I looked like I did back then. Part of it is that I was the first in my class to develop, and I tried to hide it with baggy clothing, which just ended up making me look chubby. I was bigger than the other girls, but it was because I actually had hips and such. But I was very conservative and convinced that nice girls don't have...curves. When I played Daisy Mae in our school's production of Lil Abner, I had to wear an off the shoulder top and I was horrified because I felt it accentuated my bust, which was rather large in proportion to the rest of my body, and I felt self conscious and embarrassed. So I wore a lot of shapeless clothing and bland colors. Now I LOVE color. My wardrobe is kind of a rainbow now. I'm still a bit self-conscious about my size and about the size of my bust, but I don't try to hide it with the mousy clothing. I try to wear things that draw the eyes somewhere else and bring out my better features instead.
I had no bust for years, and I felt inadequate. Funny how we want what another person has, and that those ages, we don't know any better. I'm getting that late age spread, and I hate it. But my love of food outweighs the added inches!:jawdrop::joyfull:

betty rose

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've never seen Cassablanca. We did arscenic and old lace in my high school one year...I was one of the old ladies, but I don't remember which one. We were in the middle of the scene where the bad guy is coming in through the window and our set crashed. Hilarious. No one was hurt.
I can just imagine....that's one of the funniest movies ever. I really liked the guy that thought he was Teddy Roosevelt.:hilarious::joyfull:

Last edited:

betty rose

My sympathies to @MOXOMUMD, I hope you feel better when you wake up. Have you ever tried a combination of coffee hot, and a pain pill? That , and laying down in a very dark room with no sounds, used to help. That is the worst pain ever, I had cluster ones, and I swore it was worse than child birth. And kidney stones are worse than migraines. :eek::mad:

betty rose

Fantastic idea! Perhaps this is a dumb question, but are you allowed to sit in the outdoor seating of the counter service restaurants if you don't order anything?
We do, if it isn't busy or the noon or dinner hour. I don't feel right taking a place when someone wants to eat or drink. That's okay there are places to hide out in Disney. We found that going to any lobby is deserted in the afternoon. So peaceful. I'm thinking I'm going to spend a lot of time in the Poly, and not pay their prices!:happy:

Songbird76

I got a bad hair cut at a salon. Went to another salon, to have the hairdresser scold me for trying to cut my hair. That's the last cut I had, I hate to spend money twice and have a bad experience!
I had a very RUDE stylist once in college. She was just so mean and insisted that I had messed my hair up so badly that it needed to be cut off up to my shoulders to get it healthy again (it was all the way down my back) because I said to just cut off the dry, split ends. She was just trying to sell me the salon shampoo. She chopped it and my boyfriend didn't talk to me for 3 days because he was mad that I cut my hair. (that was the fiance that I broke up with) I came back another time a few months later and got a very obviously gay man who was so sweet and told me that that woman was CRAZY because my hair was lovely and he couldn't wait to get his hands on it. There are just some REALLY bad stylists out there. We have a salon here that we really like and she gave us our haircuts for free last time we donated. They are always so nice and there's only one there that I avoid because she never listens to what we want, but the others are all great!

FutureCEO

You don't realize how big cruise ships are until you get up close to them. I never saw a cruise ship except from afar and in pictures. But today instead of the usual 1 ship, there was 2 in port so that means the second ship was .50 miles or so from the bridge. Even from that distance it was huge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom