A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

Would you like a helping of BS from the weatherman? Too bad if you didn't. This is the level of contempt Bob and others have for the Disney legacy.
http://www.starwarsjunk.net/nodisneylogo.html
Disney's CEO Bob Iger spoke over Skype tonight with over 500 college students. Little was said about the upcoming Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, but he did share that the Disney Logo (fanfare) will not appear before the movie. He added that only the Lucasfilms logo (fanfare) will be before the start of the movie. When it asked why this was? Iger say it was for the fans.

PhotoDave219

Would you like a helping of BS from the weatherman? Too bad if you didn't. This is the level of contempt Bob and others have for the Disney legacy.
Disney's CEO Bob Iger spoke over Skype tonight with over 500 college students. Little was said about the upcoming Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, but he did share that the Disney Logo (fanfare) will not appear before the movie. He added that only the Lucasfilms logo (fanfare) will be before the start of the movie. When it asked why this was? Iger say it was for the fans.

...... Or Kathleen KenneDy said so.

FigmentJedi

To be fair, they don't do it with Marvel movies either. And Star Wars fandom is full of short fuses that hate the entire concept of Disney owning Star Wars. The castle would just antagonize them.

doctornick

Star Wars is not a Disney legacy. Star Wars is a Disney acquisition - a very good one, certainly. I have no complaint with Bob Iger on that particular announcement.

Yeah, I'd have an issue if they included the castle. Not using it and going with just a Lucasfilm logo is the right move (much like they do with Marvel).

It's very clear that while Disney likes owning multiple various IPs, they are careful with their branding and do not want to conflate the Star Wars or Marvel branding with "Disney" branding. If fact, surely a large aspect of buying Lucasfilm and Marvel is to offered different brands that appeal to different audiences than the family oriented brands of Disney and Pixar.

Cesar R M

Yeah, I'd have an issue if they included the castle. Not using it and going with just a Lucasfilm logo is the right move (much like they do with Marvel).

It's very clear that while Disney likes owning multiple various IPs, they are careful with their branding and do not want to conflate the Star Wars or Marvel branding with "Disney" branding. If fact, surely a large aspect of buying Lucasfilm and Marvel is to offered different brands that appeal to different audiences than the family oriented brands of Disney and Pixar.
I dont think the castle is the issue anyway. They could have changed the castle similar to how they did it in TOMORrOWLAND and yet keep the vibe of TWDC pictures.

But agree, Disney had nothing to do with star wars.

Rodan75

DisneyToon will not be making any sequels to WDAS films, and certainly not Frozen 2, which is already in development with the first film's creators at WDAS.
Yeah, I know they've said that. But I was surprised that DisneyToon was being pulled back from near oblivion for a Theatrical release. At this point I would doubt it is a Pixie release, maybe another Planes? Disney Channel? But I thought Disney Channel produced their own movies.

lazyboy97o

To be fair, they don't do it with Marvel movies either. And Star Wars fandom is full of short fuses that hate the entire concept of Disney owning Star Wars. The castle would just antagonize them.

And yet a lot of the merchandise is branded as Disney Star Wars with Lucasfilm relegated to a corner.

Animaniac93-98

And yet a lot of the merchandise is branded as Disney Star Wars with Lucasfilm relegated to a corner.

Like this?

6101047621768-2

BrianLo

I'm pretty sure this is the opposite of contempt...

It would be contemptuous if they started the new Star Wars with Disney fanfare and dropped Lucasfilm. I interpret this as a sign of respect. Now the actual motivation could be otherwise as @PhotoDave219 already mentioned.

In fact, the only contempt I see here is against Iger. ;)

CJR

Yeah, I know they've said that. But I was surprised that DisneyToon was being pulled back from near oblivion for a Theatrical release. At this point I would doubt it is a Pixie release, maybe another Planes? Disney Channel? But I thought Disney Channel produced their own movies.

The only thing I can think of is Phineas and Ferb. I know they've worked on a theatrical film on and off again for years. Maybe it's finally moving forward, but with DisneyToon Studios doing the animation. Just a guess though, because it could really be anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom