Anyone ever seen a vlogger in the parks or vlog themselves?

jkl2000

I've been watching and enjoying one of those many-day vlogs on YouTube. But I can't imagine walking around with a phone or video camera.aimed at my face for so much time. But I don't really even like to bother with photos.

DisneyBeatles

I haven't personally seen any vloggers in the parks and I feel filming myself walking around would be weird, but they sure are fun to watch online! My personal favorite is a channel on Youtube called Thingamavlogs. They post every weekday on a weekly theme and it is a great daily Disney fill! Check them out!

Nick Wilde

I've never seen anyone vlogging before, anywhere, though I know it is very popular.

On a side note, Felix Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, who is the most subscribed to person on YouTube with nearly 40 million subs, recently vlogged a trip to Disneyland. If you check it out, be warned he uses a lot of profanity.

mf1972

I've noticed 2 on my current trip down here. tempted to throw their phone or tablet across the grounds & tell them "you're on vacation. enjoy it."

MonorailLover

I'm surprised that no one has said anything about him, but Lou Mongello from WDWradio.com often does vlogs or podcasts "live" from the parks. I put live in quotes because his podcasts are recorded in the parks, so you get the live feeling, but it's been pre-recorded a week or two beforehand.

WelshBatman

You know I first saw this thread when it opened up and thought that it was weird that I had never seen a vlogger in the parks. Three days later I'm in the Backlot Express and sure enough there's a vlogger filming himself walking to the soda fountain. I didn't catch all of what he was saying but it was something about the refill nature of the soda fountain at backlot express. And then as he was walking back out towards Star Tours he nearly walks into a bunch of people while still filming himself and proceeds to smash into the door jamb. I didn't see if he did a take 2 but he had quite the audience watching with audible laughs from the restaurant patrons... If anybody sees the vlog anywhere please share.

I've noticed 2 on my current trip down here. tempted to throw their phone or tablet across the grounds & tell them "you're on vacation. enjoy it."

I'm sure they were enjoying it, it's their vacation, what do you care how they spend it?

I for one keep my nose buried in my viewfinder the whole time, people say I'm missing out, but I absolutely love it. I'd be pretty upset if you tossed my camera ;)

Adam

mf1972

I'm sure they were enjoying it, it's their vacation, what do you care how they spend it?

I for one keep my nose buried in my viewfinder the whole time, people say I'm missing out, but I absolutely love it. I'd be pretty upset if you tossed my camera ;)

Adam
good point, my apologies. in this case, the person was semi next to me & I just had to get out of the way.

iYazmo

I've never seen anyone vlog in the parks but someone thought it was a bright idea to arm the South American tour groups with selfie sticks before they were banned.

Psst, there's a whole movie, shot surreptitiously at WDW (some fill scenes are from DL) on Netflix. It's a horror flick, pretty wild.

It's called Escape from Tomorrowland if anyone is wondering.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Looks like the Trackers are taking a break after they got a message telling them their full names, where they live and where they work.

I do have sympathy for them and it was completely inappropriate to send them a message like that which understandably makes them feel unsafe. However I suppose if you live your life online sharing everything you do with strangers at some stage an individual might think that they're your friends and as such finding out your address etc and letting you know brings them closer to you? I found it rather odd that even though they're giving the vlogging a rest for 'safety reasons' that on that very same vlog they were giving out their full twitter names, the very same medium they'd got the message through that made them feel unsafe in the first place?

They also often film in their house and outside it, I'd imagine that those close to where they live that watch them have probably already figured out which house it is etc. They also often show their local shops, where they get their hair done and Tim's parents house. Nothing wrong with that but being so open about your life (including visits to the doctors etc) may give those who are a bit strange the idea that it's ok to know everything about them and that finding out more and revealing it is ok too?

Anyhow it does make you think that if you're into living and sharing your life as a vlogger that there may be weird people out there who take a liking to you in an unhealthy sort of way and perhaps you should be a little careful with what you share. Anyhow here's their last vlog for a while explaining what happened.

The Empress Lilly

This sounds suspiciously like self-disclosure. :cautious:
It was you who ratted on me, wasn't it?
a045.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom