The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Great suggestions. I've thought it over, and I'm doing to do rope drop. Morning is the best time of day for me. And it's cooler with smaller crowds. We do have what we call a "Bench program", we get tired...go sit on a bench and people watch. Now, if Disney would just supply more bench's in Magic Kingdom! lol

Hubby and I are big fans of the bench program.

MOXOMUMD

you know, its amazing how they are reviving so many old series with new content.
From alvin and the chipmunks, to charlie brown. hell.. they even revived TOP CAT as well (which is huge in latin america)
I'm still waiting for the new Power Puff Girls. We started watching the next reincarnation of Scooby (Be Cool Scooby Doo) this week. It's pretty good but the animation reminds us A LOT like Gravity Falls. I had to double check the animators but they aren't the same.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

or he just lost many good friends in horrific ways that he refused to remember?
sometimes these events can be extremely traumatizing. Worse if he was the one forced to so such type of horrific stuff (like lightning a bunker with a flamethrower)
My former BIL was a lifetime Marine that did two tours in Afghanistan and three in Iraq. He won't talk about things he's seen or done. His best friend died beside him. :(

French Quarter

Side note here: Back when one of my brothers was 2-3 years old, my mother said he'd just take off if she didn't keep her eye on him, when they were out to a store. He had absolutely no fear whatsoever, and no common sense either. So she finally bought a child's harness and leash (no, I'm not kidding; nowadays she'd probably be arrested for some sort of child abuse, by putting an overactive toddler in a harness, so he wouldn't get lost, or worse, in a crowd . . . :rolleyes: ).

I think things might be coming back around. There is a woman who routinely uses one of those teddy bear harness things with her little one as they wait to pick up a child at my son's school. I think it's pretty smart as there are buses coming and going right where we stand. Other little kids run around and I am always worried about them and have seen one little guy run out in front of a bus more than once.

We did use the same thing once with my son when we went to WDW, although we didn't use it at home. He was right at that age where he would not sit in the stroller and just needed to run. It worked well.

French Quarter

That was the style in the 80s...google mall bangs and you'll see. The tall, foofy bangs.

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking mall bangs must be what the bad hairstylists do when they cut them too short and uneven. Perhaps they were called that because they were done at a shop in the mall? lol

Speaking of...my son got such a haircut last month. I am no hairstylist but I had to straighten it when we got home. Poor little kid...it looked hilarious. Really short on one side and down past his eyebrow on the other. I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't stop laughing. I would have taken it back for her to fix but I'm pretty sure the poor dear wouldn't know how. Anyway...Mama did an ok job. I told him to pretend it was a new style.

This isn't my son, but honest to God, this is what he looked like when she was finished. I give you "mall bangs":
Bad-Haircut1.jpg

MOXOMUMD

Good morning and Happy Farm Market Friday! My usual one will be closed tomorrow so I'm off to another one today, it's bigger than the one closer to me. Best of all my dh is going with me. Last night he announced he needs to drop a few pounds before our trip. He also said he going to start working out. He says the same thing before every trip. At least he's showing an interest in veggies, no wait the one I'm going to today has a guy who sells maple syrup and maple candy:cautious::rolleyes: Have a great day and keep @MR FERRET in his cage thnx
I love maple candy! :inlove: I rarely buy it though. I could seriously eat a pound! But then my teeth and tummy wouldn't be happy. :angelic:

betty rose

I wore a lot of black because it was slimming, and grey...I was kind of a wallflower. I tried to be invisible in my school. Baggy sweatshirts...nothing that drew attention.
I think black looks very nice and dressy, but I love color too. Especially blue. I'm almost always in blue at Disney. This time I got a red Magic Band. I'm going to link all the colors and put on the Christmas tree.;)

betty rose

My mom was the same way about my fiance, but I broke off that engagement because he was so possessive and controlling and he was starting to show signs that he would turn into a physical abuser, though he hadn't ever touched me. I left before he could. And my mom LOVED my husband...she was skeptical before she met him, tried telling me I shouldn't be dating at all until I was 30 anyway. But he came to visit that Christmas and fixed her screen door that was broken (which is hilarious as he is so not a handy-man type) and completely won her over. There was a bridal fair in January...we weren't even engaged yet, but she insisted we go to the bridal fair because it was so obvious that we were in love and going to get married. With my ex-fiance, she had insisted that we weren't going to have a wedding...she hadn't given her permission, so we couldn't get married, and therefore she didn't need to do anything for a wedding that wasn't going to happen. Of course it DIDN'T happen, but not because she didn't give her permission. It all worked out for the best, and really, if it hadn't been for my ex, I'd never even have met my husband, so I can't really regret that phase of my life.
I'm sure my Mom in her own way, thought if she didn't co operate, it wouldn't happen. Like you say things work out for the best. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom