2 Questions About Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXDisney

Original Poster
So a group of us have a trip planned as a family 11/29-12/5 of this year. Was just really put together a couple weeks ago. Some curve balls have been thrown in the planning already. I can go the whole time but my wife can only go 4 days. We booked our flights already and our park tickets so we have no issues. My questions are this... My dad and I work at a government job but we aren't military. But most of the people we work are retired or DV. Meaning they get the milt art discount. My dad has been holding off on getting his and my moms tickets hoping a guy at work can get a 4 day park hopper for $200 each for them. But I've heard that the person who bought the ticket needs to be present when using the ticket... Is this true? We live in Texas, so it's not feasible to have the guy at work be there at the park, he could only purchase it here on base in Texas. Not a huge issue bc my parents have money and can pay for a regular ticket but if there's a deal my dad wants it. My 2nd question is... Does Disney still allow you to add days for the cheap fee? I purchased at 7 day ticket when I'll be there 7 days. We might not go to Disney everyday, we talked about going golfing and Disney springs a day. I figured me spending the extra $12 a day wasn't the end of the world. But my dad is wanting to maybe just buy the 4 day or 5 day ticket and adding on 1-3 days as the trip goes. My wife and I did this 3yrs ago when we planned on doing Disney 5 days and universal 3 but ended up needing to add a Disney day bc 2 days at universal was enough. The charge was only $12 I believe to add on a day then, but not sure if the rules are the same as 3 years ago. Thanks in advance.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For the first question you cannot do that unless someone with a military ID (retired, current, or disabled vet) is there to activate the military tickets on your trip. It does not have to be the exact person who bought them, but whoever activates them has to have a military ID like the person who bought them. So in your case that will not work because you will not have someone with the military ID on your trip. If they allowed that everyone would try to do that because most families know someone in those categories. Even though my DH is a honorably discharged (regular discharged) veteran of the US ARMY that served right at 10 full years we aren't even eligible for the criteria for the tickets or discounts as we have looked into it before. See rules for tickets below.

How to Get Military Salute Tickets

Tickets for use 1/3/16 – 12/19/16 went on sale 9/25/15.

Tickets for use 9/28/14 – 12/20/15 went on sale 8/25/14.

Military Salute Tickets must be purchased in person, with military ID by the eligible member or their spouse. You can pre-purchase the tickets (in the form of an exchange voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base (MWR/ITT office), TAX-FREE! The exchange voucher is then taken to a Main Entrance theme park ticket window, where it is exchanged for the actual ticket (activated).

The military tickets can also be purchased at the Main Entrance theme park ticket windows or at Disney Springs’ Guest Relations (formerly Downtown Disney), but if you do this, you must pay tax.

Rules for Military Salute Tickets

These tickets are for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard, with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are not included.

The military ID will be checked when the tickets are activated. Once the tickets are activated the group can split up.

Second question yes they should only charge whatever the current price difference is to add to a multi day ticket. Whether it's $12 or whatever that is all you should have to pay up to 10 days of course as that is the limit for one ticket. :)

Last edited:

MickeyMomV

Questions like this always bring out passionate responses. Let me recap the question....

There is a discount that is in place that is meant to thank the people that put their lives on the line to protect our freedom and our country and you would like help in finding a way to exploit it and use it for your or your dads benefit??

My DH and I are also government workers and have no issues with taking advantage of discounts for government employees but I would never think of trying to figure out how to weasel my way into a military discount. We have too much respect for military service members to do something like this. It's the people that exploit the discounts that get them taken away from the people they are meant for.

TXDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Regarding it being disrespectful to use military tickets... My dad was approached by Tehran veterans asking if he wanted to use that benefit. He wasn't going around looking for someone to offer it to him. There must've been 2 dozen guys offer for him to use that peek they have. I get the aggression in your comment. But not everyone is doing it as a scam. I think it's great that Disney has that policy that the person must be there at the park when presenting the ticket. I told my dad he has to pay full price yesterday and he bought his tickets last night, now knowing this info. He did however only buy 5 days and might have to add a day or 2 since we'll be there for 7 days.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I can't understand all the bitterness on here........

If you're entitled to use a military discount of any sort then go for it. If you're not (you've read and fully understand the criteria) then stop trying to cheat, stop wining and get over it. The majority of people on here have to pay in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom