The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I loved talking to you too. I guess I have a very difficult decision to make. I got a call from the Doctor today. He went through all the blood tests and blood pressure values. I can't have more thyroid meds, it could cause me to have a stroke. I'm going to Disney and he says I can't do rope drop, or keep the kids or DD schedule, he want's me to relax. And I need to check with him when I get back. This is difficult for me, as I have been able to keep up. I know DD will do what the kids want, and I expect them too. How do I break it to her we will be on a different vacation this time? I've always loved the time we have spent with the GK and DD. I know she will be very disappointed, and hubby wants to protect me. What to do? Keep quiet or spill the beans. I don't want to ruin the trip for the GK and DD or hubby. Any suggestions? Should I just say I'm not feeling well and I need more rest? Any ideas from anyone will be very appreciated. xoxo
I'd go with the I just need more rest no reason to worry everybody but make sure to get your rest. Take care of yourself. That being said let your dd know what's going on when you get home.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning and Happy Farm Market Friday! My usual one will be closed tomorrow so I'm off to another one today, it's bigger than the one closer to me. Best of all my dh is going with me. Last night he announced he needs to drop a few pounds before our trip. He also said he going to start working out. He says the same thing before every trip. At least he's showing an interest in veggies, no wait the one I'm going to today has a guy who sells maple syrup and maple candy:cautious::rolleyes: Have a great day and keep @MR FERRET in his cage thnx

betty rose

Good morning and Happy Farm Market Friday! My usual one will be closed tomorrow so I'm off to another one today, it's bigger than the one closer to me. Best of all my dh is going with me. Last night he announced he needs to drop a few pounds before our trip. He also said he going to start working out. He says the same thing before every trip. At least he's showing an interest in veggies, no wait the one I'm going to today has a guy who sells maple syrup and maple candy:cautious::rolleyes: Have a great day and keep @MR FERRET in his cage thnx
I think I'll let @MR FERRET out for a few hours. We wouldn't want him to get any crazier then he already is!;):D

betty rose

That is tough news from the doctor. Take it easy we definitely don't want you having a stroke. I am confused though, why did he say you can't do rope drop? I understand why he would want you to slow down and rest more but can't you build in more relaxation time? If you like starting the day with everyone why not do that and then take a long afternoon break the grandkids go either stay at the parks or go swimming. Then you could spend a couple hours in the park and head back to the resort at a reasonable time to get decent sleep.

Overall though, I think you should be honest about your situation, my mom wasn't totally up front about her health situation and now that she is gone I wish she had told me more so I could have helped or at least spent more time with her. They are your family and love you; they want you to feel well. I would think they would understand your need to slow down and get more rest. I'm sure they would rather slow down and have you around than not have you there at all. They can still tour on their own and when you meet up for a meal, they will have a lot to talk about.
Great suggestions. I've thought it over, and I'm doing to do rope drop. Morning is the best time of day for me. And it's cooler with smaller crowds. We do have what we call a "Bench program", we get tired...go sit on a bench and people watch. Now, if Disney would just supply more bench's in Magic Kingdom! lol

FutureCEO

Great suggestions. I've thought it over, and I'm doing to do rope drop. Morning is the best time of day for me. And it's cooler with smaller crowds. We do have what we call a "Bench program", we get tired...go sit on a bench and people watch. Now, if Disney would just supply more bench's in Magic Kingdom! lol

I love the bench program. I do it all the time. I could people watch all day.

Figgy1

Premium Member

I love the bench program. I do it all the time. I could people watch all day.
What? Are you allowed to sit on them? According to my boys sitting is not allowed at Disney!:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom