Are you buying tickets now for a trip is 2016?

JourneysEnd

Is there any reason not to buy at current prices (multi-day tickets) for a trip later next year?
They are good until your first use, correct? #abouttotaketheplunge

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, you can buy tickets now for use in the future. The timer on them doesn't start ticking until you walk through the first turnstile.

And given that there will likely be major changes coming to WDW ticketing in the near future, I'd go ahead and get them now if you're able to.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Sometimes there are promotions that you can only get as part of a package, i.e. you might get 30% off your room but only if you buy a MYW package. If you're staying off property, go ahead and buy now. If you're staying on property, I'd wait.

And given that there will likely be major changes coming to WDW ticketing in the near future, I'd go ahead and get them now if you're able to.
Is that confirmed? I haven't been around in awhile and last I was here that was just a wild rumor (something about bronze, silver, and gold seasons).

Upvote 0

JourneysEnd

Original Poster
Sometimes there are promotions that you can only get as part of a package, i.e. you might get 30% off your room but only if you buy a MYW package. If you're staying off property, go ahead and buy now. If you're staying on property, I'd wait.

Is that confirmed? I haven't been around in awhile and last I was here that was just a wild rumor (something about bronze, silver, and gold seasons).
Room's already booked (room only) at a great price.
You know they're getting ready to do something with prices. Hopefully not until the first of the year. They've been surveying people on their opinions on tiered pricing. There are currently 5 days for the price of 4 tickets available. I've just been waiting to decide whether I need hoppers or not. Can you just pay the difference at the last minute and add hopper if you change your mind?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

RScottyL

Is there any reason not to buy at current prices (multi-day tickets) for a trip later next year?
They are good until your first use, correct? #abouttotaketheplunge

I would get them now to save some money:

http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-ticket-price-increase-expected/

You are correct:

Regular Walt Disney World tickets remain valid forever if unused. The expiration clock doesn’t start ticking until you use the first day. If you know you’ll be visiting at some point in the future, there’s not much downside to buying early; they aren’t going to get any cheaper.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Ugh. We're planning to go early December for 7 park days. I was really interested in the weekday annual pass, but that it only for FL residents! That would be too convenient.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Hey Tom, you seem to be in the know about things, but I was told by a Disney Reservations CM, that if I would buy my tickets now for my December 2017 trip...I would technically get them at the cheaper price, BUT when December 2017 got here and I used them I would have to pay the difference to what the current price would be! Is that correct? If so, there is not a reason to buy tickets early!

EDIT(10/8/15-1030pm)
I just chatted with Disney Reservations and they confirmed that you can purchase your tickets early 2016)or earlier) for 2017 trip. The 14 day expiration only begins after the first park entry on your first day! So there will be savings there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Still wish US Guests could purchase the Ultimate Ticket that International Guests can get. They at least have 7,14 & 21 day Park Hopper passes..Universal has a pass similar called the Multi-Day Pass with Park-to-Park acesss with Wet & Wild (Up until the end of the Year) and is a 14 day pass...It's a shame because with the new price for AP's I would seriously take that 14 day pass instead of that..

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

I currently have a trip package booked (room, tickets, dining) for January. We've paid our $200 down, but not the rest. Even if prices increase before our trip, our price is locked in, correct?

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return

I'm basing this strictly on all the guest surveys they've been sending out about it, plus the fact that they just completely restructured the AP tiers, including weekday-only passes, and other levels of blackout day quantities.

Regardless, if it's not going to affect a future package deal, it's always better to buy standalone tickets now vs later. They're never going to come down in price.

Hey Tom, you seem to be in the know about things, but I was told by a Disney Reservations CM, that if I would buy my tickets now for my December 2017 trip...I would technically get them at the cheaper price, BUT when December 2017 got here and I used them I would have to pay the difference to what the current price would be! Is that correct? If so, there is not a reason to buy tickets early!

EDIT(10/8/15-1030pm)
I just chatted with Disney Reservations and they confirmed that you can purchase your tickets early 2016)or earlier) for 2017 trip. The 14 day expiration only begins after the first park entry on your first day! So there will be savings there!

That first reservationist was wrong. Glad it was corrected.

Assuming someone buys a ticket now, but doesn't travel until they implement a possible sliding scale (i.e. based on attendance), it's almost assured that the previous ticket price will be grandfathered.

Upvote 0

officialtom

We have our tickets bought (or at least the deposit paid) for our Jan/Feb 2016 visit. They're part of the special offer package we used (30% off deluxe resort pin code + MYW package).

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

I currently have a trip package booked (room, tickets, dining) for January. We've paid our $200 down, but not the rest. Even if prices increase before our trip, our price is locked in, correct?
I believe the only way they can change the price of the ticket is if you call to change something else about the package. For instance, in 2014 we had a package booked and then a discount came out. When we applied the discount, it wasn't as much as I expected because the price of the tickets had increased since we booked the original package, so we got the discount on the room portion, but the tickets were changed to the new higher price.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, you can buy tickets now for use in the future. The timer on them doesn't start ticking until you walk through the first turnstile.

^^^^^^ This I already have mine for our August 2016 vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom