The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Have you considered things like Turkey Burgers or other lower fat options? We do stuff like wok veggies instead of pasta under spaghetti sauce, and I can't get it here, but my mom used to do spaghetti squash instead of the pasta. Once you get used to it, it's pretty tasty...you just have to get over that initial mindset that it isn't spaghetti without the pasta. And my mom broiled all the meats instead of frying them. I actually like them better that way.

Thanks! :)
Yep, had everything you just mentioned (along with the occasional - smaller portion - pizza, cheeseburger, etc. ;)) back when I lost those 70 lbs. when I was 35.
Although I don't have nearly that much weight to lose now, I'm headin' that way again...! :)

Cesar R M

My grandfather was in the Battle of the Bulge. I wish I had gotten him to talk more about it, and his time in WWII but it just wasn't something he wanted to talk about. I remember I had to do a report on WWII for high school once and I asked to interview him and he gave me his discharge papers and a book about his battalion but wouldn't tell me anything. So I assume he just didn't want to talk, but he also wasn't a very involved grandfather so maybe he just didn't want to talk to me....
or he just lost many good friends in horrific ways that he refused to remember?
sometimes these events can be extremely traumatizing. Worse if he was the one forced to so such type of horrific stuff (like lightning a bunker with a flamethrower)

donaldtoo

s8rgi.jpg

image.jpg

donaldtoo

My daughter cut her long hair 2 years ago...but it was to donate to the Dutch version of Locks of Love/Pantene beautiful lengths. I think I might cry if she ever dyed it black or something, but not in front of her. She has beautiful hair...it would be a pity to damage it with chemicals. But I wouldn't say anything if she did. Did your DD dye hers, or just chop it?

Several years ago, our youngest DD had her long hair cut and donated it to Locks of Love. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Several years ago, our youngest DD had her long hair cut and donated it to Locks of Love. :)

My DD has donated multiple times too and me once. Right now my hair is likely long enough to pull it off again. 10 inches is the minimum. I never ever cut my hair above my shoulders and usually longer. There is something there that just seems to work IMO.

24ECA5E200000578-2920956-image-m-14_1421889809632.jpg

48 years old

donaldtoo

I loved talking to you too. I guess I have a very difficult decision to make. I got a call from the Doctor today. He went through all the blood tests and blood pressure values. I can't have more thyroid meds, it could cause me to have a stroke. I'm going to Disney and he says I can't do rope drop, or keep the kids or DD schedule, he want's me to relax. And I need to check with him when I get back. This is difficult for me, as I have been able to keep up. I know DD will do what the kids want, and I expect them too. How do I break it to her we will be on a different vacation this time? I've always loved the time we have spent with the GK and DD. I know she will be very disappointed, and hubby wants to protect me. What to do? Keep quiet or spill the beans. I don't want to ruin the trip for the GK and DD or hubby. Any suggestions? Should I just say I'm not feeling well and I need more rest? Any ideas from anyone will be very appreciated. xoxo

Wow. So very sorry to hear. My deepest sympathies. Keep your chin up.
Just my 2 cents...
Be up front and straight up with all the adults. The GKs don't need to know the details. And, do what your doc says.
Also, relaxing at WDW isn't a bad thing. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom