Trip Report Solo Trip 2.0

Hello, pixie dust snorters!! I'm back again with another trip report and I intend to finish this one! For those of you who don't know me (I've been a little scarce around the forums lately), my name is Tracy! I'm a 27 year old recent college graduate, veteran, and old married lady. This photo was taken during solo trip 1.0:

TbVL7d2.png

My first solo trip was over Thanksgiving 2013 (you can read about it here) and I had such a fantastic time I knew I had to schedule another trip ASAP! Unfortunately, ASAP took almost two years to come, but I made it at last!

The Basics
Who: Just me!
When: August 23-27
Where: Saratoga Springs Resort
Why: Graduation gift to myself!

This trip report will be fairly short as I was only at the World for three full days, but I hope you'll stick around and enjoy it with me!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
know that other people get really annoyed when rides break down... but I totally LOVE any opportunity to see what goes on backstage. We were given extra paper FastPasses for any ride except a few of the newer ones. The people in front of me were getting ready to leave for the day and gave me their extras too. I used mine for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!

This reminds me a little of a past solo trip, when I walked over to TOT, at DHS. The standby line was 50 minutes and I turned away. Just then, a woman handed me a fast pass (this was a few years ago when they had paper fast passes), and said her family went on, but she didn't want to. So I lucked out with an unexpected fast pass.

Went on the ride, and at the very end, the ride broke down. Eventually, they had to haul our "elevator" (ride cab) backwards and then put a short ladder up to the front of the cab, where we all exited. It was fun to see everything stored in the basement of TOT, and they brought us up a short flight of stairs, and then to a regular elevator, up to the main attraction floor. They offered us all an immediate second ride, and we then walked on to the next attraction "ride" elevator. I got to ride TOT twice that day!!! :joyfull:

rufio

Original Poster
Day Three

On day three I slept in a little later and didn't make it to the Magic Kingdom until 12:30! But that's half the fun of vacation, right? I absolutely LOVE sleeping in on solo trips. Alas, I finally made it and as soon as I got there I met up with a couple ladies from a Facebook group to get lunch at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe. We got to sit close to Sonny Eclipse! I've never gotten to sit near him before, so that was kind of a fun experience. It isn't my favorite restaurant and I really didn't want to load up on calories, so I had the veggie burger with fries. It was actually pretty good! The girls and I hung out and talked for a couple hours before heading over to Sunshine Tree Terrace for Dole Whip floats!

I had to leave soon after because I had FastPass+ reservations elsewhere. I bade farewell to the Magic Kingdom and hopped a bus to Hollywood Studios around 5pm. Unfortunately, the bus didn't come easy. I had a major brain fart and forgot there was a bus to DHS at MK and ended up taking a really long detour to the TTC before heading back to get on the RIGHT bus. Never again... I had some time to kill before any FastPasses once I finally got there so I browsed the shops for awhile. It was also really nice to get out of the heat!

My first FastPass was for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which is also one of my favorite rides! I noticed something new while I was in the library section of the queue. Up on the highest shelf was what I thought had to be one of the most terrifying creatures ever to exist...

Collage.jpg

It was. It was one of those stupid, tiny Twilight Zone aliens from the scariest episodes ever made!! Nope, nope! Once I escaped from that room I got a quick pass to the front of the line because I was by myself. The ride itself was great!!

I spent a little more time wandering around before I got waaaay too hot. I was dehydrated because I'm too dumb to drink water, so I ended up stopping off at the Writer's Lounge to read and get something to drink. While I was there I got a text from a friend who lives in the area. She invited me to dinner at the California Grill, which is on top of the Contemporary Resort. I had to really rush to get there in time. It was completely insane. I hightailed it out of the park and onto the bus and made it to the Contemporary just a few minutes late.

Collage.jpg

Dinner was totally amazing and so was the conversation!! The restaurant was beautiful! I had gnocchi and a glass of Malbec. Once we were finished eating, we headed over to Bay Lake Tower. Since I'm a DVC member I was able to get us up to the Top of the World Lounge, a members only area. I left her shortly after, but first got an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom at night!

IMG_2966.JPG

I headed back to the hotel, watched some Hulu, and got to bed a little early (you know, since I didn't get enough sleep that morning...)!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That meal looked so amazing at the Cali. Can you see the fireworks from the lounge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom