Farthest Out you've started planning

jkl2000

We were last at WDW Oct 2013. Our next trip is planned for some time in the latter three quarters of 2017! (#2 son will turn 8 then, and that's when he feels he'll be ready for some of the bigger rides, which I think is correct.) BTW, I owe you all a trip report - woefully overdue!!

I've gotten the bug and got the 2016 Unofficial Guide - so I'm immersed somewhat but just for fun. And, we've started saving for the trip using the online service Digit, which takes a little money from your bank account every few days and hoards it away - a fun way to save. It does it in such a way that you feel no pain, using their own algorithms.

But I really don't know the dates at all yet. The plan is that #1 son will be a freshman in college (why am I not using Digit for that? :) ) so getting away from school might be a touch easier. We'll see.

Anyway, I know it's hard without firm dates, but anyway, if you knew you were about 1 & 1/2 to 1 3/4 years out, how much would you be planning? Maybe the fantasizing for fun, and reading up for fun is the best way, until we're one year out.

Punky

I usually book as soon as prices are released for the following year which is usually July. This gives me more than enough time to pay off my trip especially since we always go in August.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Our last trip was in May 2013, got back and 2 weeks later I was planning our next trip for 2017! Even though my trip is 785 days away, everything is semi-planned. Dates, hotels, transportation, parks, attractions, dinner theatres.

We are going December 3-14, 2017, staying off site at a Rosen property, driving from PA. 2 Day Hopper with Keys to the Kingdom tour, 1 day Sea World with Penguin Tour, Orlando Eye/Madam Tussaud's with Capone's Dinner Theatre. extra days are included for spur of the moment things like Helicopter rides, Cocoa Beach, etc!

Upvote 0

TB4244

Our last trip was November 2014, and as soon as we returned we started planning for November 2016 - so 2 years worth. We have the DDP so we already know what ADRs we need each day and we're full on compiling a FP list.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom