Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There isn't much disruption on SOA during setup and take down. The worst of it is the far end of san francisco st. being closed off for assembly of the earth and other large objects. Honestly it's not that much space and for that matter we don't need the earth and other large objects to keep the Osbourne lights. This is why I have said repeatedly that the Osbourne lights would be great for Disney springs new town center area. The lights get put up at night while no one is around. For that matter they could do away with the lights all together and do projections of color onto the buildings (like wishes) without the need for any light stringing.

Rumor is that Disney Springs restaurants will be required to stay open until 2:00 AM so that only leaves 8 hours each night to work.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For those of you that may not have seen their October Passholder newsletter in your email yet they announced that there will be an early peek of the lights 11/1-11/5 before the public can view them 11/6.
Great news for those of you that were hoping to see the lights one last time but your trip ended before 11/6.
Unfortunately for me im leaving 10/26 so I will just miss this great opportunity. But at least I saw them one more time last year.
I have no more details about it but just wanted to get this great news out to all of you. Also wondering if this will be open to DVC members as well but have not heard yet for my fellow DVCers. :D

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Hmm… does this happen every year and I just didn't know about it? Or is this specifically because of it being the last year?
Nope never seen a sneak peek happen any year before at last the last 6-7 years, and have been in the parks that time frame. I think most likely it's because it's the last year. :)

rosewein59

They did a sneak peek for passholders when Fantasyland opened in 2012.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a crush on the streets at times, this year will be worse so it's a great idea to open it up a little early.

sxeensweet

They did a sneak peek for passholders when Fantasyland opened in 2012.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a crush on the streets at times, this year will be worse so it's a great idea to open it up a little early.

Yes they have done them for other events before many times, but never to the lights that they were asking about that I can ever remember that's what I was talking about when i wrote that response that I have never seen a sneak peek for the lights specifically. :)

DougK

Does anyone have any updates about this event? If you are going to need reservations I would think they need to start soon, November 1 is only a short time from now.

Communicore

I used to produce a cover band here. Maybe we should get the crew back together and do a cover of "Born In The USA" and call it "Osborne In The DHS" and talk about DHS and it's half-day park state and the fact that Osborne lights will be gone.

nanna

Does anyone thing that the lights will be extended past 03/01? It seems a lot earlier than previous years. Haven't they usually been up (and on) until at least the marathon?!

DisneyDad61

Just a comment here on the "Sneak peek" event. Although I have never received an email as a Passholder, I do receive the Mickey Monitor. The fall issue does NOT state anything about a Sneak Peek event and I also placed a call to the AP hotline and inquired about a possible Sneak Peek for Osborne Lights. I was told that there is no such event occurring for Annual Passholders.
If the poster could copy and paste or snip and attach whatever language he or she received about the Sneak Peek event, the rest of us could certainly take this and follwo-up with WDW accordingly.
I am saying that it is not true BUT what I am saying is that I have not been able to find any written or any confirmation from WDW that this is a legitimate Sneak Peek event. Just an FYI.

Nastory4

I do not recall seeing it in an email. Does seem like a great idea. I am sure it will be packed. We went once and really enjoyed them. It is a shame to see it go.

sxeensweet

It is definately in the October Passholder Email as I just looked at it again and that is where I got the info. Here is the screenshot of the info towards the bottom of the email page.
image.png

sxeensweet

Just a comment here on the "Sneak peek" event. Although I have never received an email as a Passholder, I do receive the Mickey Monitor. The fall issue does NOT state anything about a Sneak Peek event and I also placed a call to the AP hotline and inquired about a possible Sneak Peek for Osborne Lights. I was told that there is no such event occurring for Annual Passholders.
If the poster could copy and paste or snip and attach whatever language he or she received about the Sneak Peek event, the rest of us could certainly take this and follwo-up with WDW accordingly.
I am saying that it is not true BUT what I am saying is that I have not been able to find any written or any confirmation from WDW that this is a legitimate Sneak Peek event. Just an FYI.

An email is sent out to all Passholders every month if they have a current email address for you on file. They have been doing the monthly emails for at least the past year or so in addition to the quarterly Mickey Moniter that is mailed to Passholders. Also emails are sent about room offers and other offers on occasion. Maybe check your spam folder. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom