The View - A Rant

French Quarter

Original Poster
I have watched The View for years and I actually really loved last season. The co-hosts over the years have each had different personalities, and I have connected with some more than others, but I have always enjoyed listening to what they have said. So, that's a lot of years of a lot of different people. Until now...

She's only been on a few times so far but I think Candace Cameron Bure is ruining the show. She will be there every day soon enough and, as a fan of the show, I am worried. I was looking forward to her since I grew up with Full House but she is truly awful. She makes every single conversation about Jesus and Fuller House. How much of this can people take?

I have no problem with Jesus. And there have certainly been other hosts on the show who have been evangelical. But she is actually preaching. I think she sees her purpose of being there to save people and I don't find it entertaining, thought-provoking, or appropriate. Sure, if you are having a conversation about religion, it would be appropriate to share your faith. But when the conversation is about gun control? Come on.

Is anyone else finding this to be a bit much?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have watched The View for years and I actually really loved last season. The co-hosts over the years have each had different personalities, and I have connected with some more than others, but I have always enjoyed listening to what they have said. So, that's a lot of years of a lot of different people. Until now...

She's only been on a few times so far but I think Candace Cameron Bure is ruining the show. She will be there every day soon enough and, as a fan of the show, I am worried. I was looking forward to her since I grew up with Full House but she is truly awful. She makes every single conversation about Jesus and Fuller House. How much of this can people take?

I have no problem with Jesus. And there have certainly been other hosts on the show who have been evangelical. But she is actually preaching. I think she sees her purpose of being there to save people and I don't find it entertaining, thought-provoking, or appropriate. Sure, if you are having a conversation about religion, it would be appropriate to share your faith. But when the conversation is about gun control? Come on.

Is anyone else finding this to be a bit much?
Yes

Disneyhead'71

OK, so I don't watch the view and didn't who you were referring to so I went to the Google. I immediately knew who she is. I believe those Cameron kids grew up under some high vlotage power lines. I clicked a link to The Advocate concerning the interview The View did with Danny Pintauro. The interview was embarrassing. But watching the clip made me realize that being a child star makes for some really messed up adults. Raven is the most together, but the poor thing isn't all that bright. And Candace and Danny jumped off opposite ends of the diving board of life.

ItlngrlBella

IDK, I think when they talk about certain topics and wonder "what's up with those Christians/Conservatives" she provides the context of which that view comes from. I would expect a show called "The View" to try to present various views rather then one left position. I think Kennedy would be a better voice, (whom I identify more with - as a conservative myself - she's more "live and let live" and for personal freedom, responsibility and fiscal conservative).

Last edited:

French Quarter

Original Poster
OK, so I don't watch the view and didn't who you were referring to so I went to the Google. I immediately knew who she is. I believe those Cameron kids grew up under some high vlotage power lines. I clicked a link to The Advocate concerning the interview The View did with Danny Pintauro. The interview was embarrassing. But watching the clip made me realize that being a child star makes for some really messed up adults. Raven is the most together, but the poor thing isn't all that bright. And Candace and Danny jumped off opposite ends of the diving board of life.

Yes, I know all about her brother and his Christian movies. Not my cup of tea, to be sure, but I would have thought that she could carry on a conversation about something other than Jesus. I guess that's not the case.

I agree with your assessment of Raven. She is super sweet but a little ditzy. However, she does represent an awful big group of people.

I thought that interview with Danny Pintauro was awful. It seems like such an important topic and it was totally blown.

French Quarter

Original Poster
IDK, I think when they talk about certain topics and wonder "what's up with those Christians/Conservatives" she provides the context of which that view comes from. I would expect a show called "The View" to try to present various views rather then one left position. I think Kennedy would be a better voice, (whom I identify more with - as a conservative myself - she's more "live and let live" and for personal freedom, responsibility and fiscal conservative).

Oh I think that all view points should be represented. Paula Ferris is also an evangelical Christian and will talk about that when it is relevant. I have found that very helpful to learn about people who hold those beliefs because it all seems so foreign to me. And I loved Nicolle Wallace last year who wasn't religious but offered a politically right viewpoint. And even Elisabeth Hasselback offered something to the conversation, although I wasn't her biggest fan.

But Candace just seems to be inserting Jesus into every conversation and hijacks discussions and takes them down the path of people needing to be saved. I find it disrespectful to the other people at the table and really gets in the way of conversations actually happening. The other co-hosts don't seem to know how to respond when she will randomly start talking about Jesus. Like, "We don't need gun control because we have nothing to fear with Jesus on our side." Ummm...ok? But that had nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

So, it's more than me just disagreeing with her viewpoint because I don't even know what her viewpoint is on most of these topics. I just disagree with her using this gig to get into heaven or to save souls or using it as some sort of radically religious platform. But more than that, I am afraid that it is going to really negatively affect the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom