Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

WDWLover#1

I was talking to a veterinarian in conservation station at the moment. There currently looking at training animals for two shifts. One on the day one at night. He also said the biggest problems atm is hiring new people for all the new shifts. He gave the date of spring next year so take that for what you will.

bakntime

I think the safari animals have gotten to the point where they no longer pay attention to the safari trucks. It's part of the environment to them. It's not like the animals are out there dancing and performing for the trucks and need a break from it all. Living in the wild is a far more stressful life. They'll be fine with extended safari hours.

flyerjab

I snapped a photo of the hyena habitat this afternoon. The walls were just taken down. The photo isn't great but it was the best I could do.

image.jpg

We were doing the Wild Africa Trek at the time. I asked if there would be a night version of the Wild Africa Trek that would be offered and the CM leading said they are considering it.

drew81

I snapped a photo of the hyena habitat this afternoon. The walls were just taken down. The photo isn't great but it was the best I could do.

View attachment 113856

We were doing the Wild Africa Trek at the time. I asked if there would be a night version of the Wild Africa Trek that would be offered and the CM leading said they are considering it.
Was there a moat around it?

Victaman

View attachment 113856

Appears the guy in the orange shirt is already attempting to see what a night safari would look like.

disney4life2008

I assume most if not all other things will stay open later. My understanding from what other people have said is that AK actually looks very nice at night.

Like the magic kingdom msusa, the animal kingdom comes alive at night. There is just enough light to illuminate what is needed like walking paths and viewing areas. Actually, i would go as far to day the animal kingdom at night is very romantic and intimate. Of course im referencing when evening extra magic hours took place there.

DABIGCHEEZ

View attachment 113856

Hmm... maybe they can charge double! :D

HauntedMansionFLA

Like the magic kingdom msusa, the animal kingdom comes alive at night. There is just enough light to illuminate what is needed like walking paths and viewing areas. Actually, i would go as far to day the animal kingdom at night is very romantic and intimate. Of course im referencing when evening extra magic hours took place there.
I remember being at DAK during the evening extra magic hours and amazed at how the park took a cool vibe when it got dark. And yes, it's very romantic and intimate - a more adult park at night.

dizda

I am looking forward to the night safari. I hope that they add more nocturnal animals. Do we know the full lineup?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom