Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Tokyo Dining

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Original Poster
Quick poll for everyone.. Me and DH have room to add another dining reservation (to our many lol) to our trip starting next week until 10/26. EXCITED as always!!
We never tried either yet and know all about their differences etc as one is hibachi and one is not etc and what the menus offer. I know Teppan is like any other hibachi but purely wondering mostly about food . Both food wise appeal to us but if you could choose only one which would you choose?
We have been to many restaurants on property and just never dined at either of these yet. No real reason but just never did yet. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Tuvalu

While we have enjoyed eating at both, we have noticed a decline in the food quality at Teppan Edo and on our last visit (August) DH said we don't need to go back.

Tokyo Dining has wonderful Tempura, and since that is the restaurant with the big windows that face the World Showcase promenade, the views are spectacular!

sxeensweet

Original Poster
While we have enjoyed eating at both, we have noticed a decline in the food quality at Teppan Edo and on our last visit (August) DH said we don't need to go back.

Tokyo Dining has wonderful Tempura, and since that is the restaurant with the big windows that face the World Showcase promenade, the views are spectacular!

Yes that's true about the big windows at Tokyo Dining. And thank you for your opinion and advice! We are leaning more towards Tokyo Dining at the moment. :)

4disneylovers

We have only eaten at Teppan Edo. It was the one sit down we used to choose but not anymore. My son loves the hibachi style but our last experience was nonexistent as far as show. We had a very american chef which would be fine as long as he did something which he did not. Food was still good but we also have no need to return.

Funny memory though: my son found his first love there. It wasn't called Teppan Edo back then. It was 2007 and he was 8 and fell in love with Nyoko. He was devastated when we had to leave and he couldn't take her home with us. He was smitten.

sxeensweet

Original Poster
We have only eaten at Teppan Edo. It was the one sit down we used to choose but not anymore. My son loves the hibachi style but our last experience was nonexistent as far as show. We had a very american chef which would be fine as long as he did something which he did not. Food was still good but we also have no need to return.

Funny memory though: my son found his first love there. It wasn't called Teppan Edo back then. It was 2007 and he was 8 and fell in love with Nyoko. He was devastated when we had to leave and he couldn't take her home with us. He was smitten.
Thanks for the info! And that is so sweet the story about your son!! Such a cute story. :)

sxeensweet

Original Poster
I have to say Teppan Edo hands down...actually just ate there last week and it was fantastic like always! I had the steak & shrimp...the wife had the Filet Mignon and everything was perfect!

Such a hard decision! Lol Thanks for your response! :)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
While entertaining, hibachi cooking is an expensive way to eat up there. Tokyo Dining has many choices and usually gets my walk up business for lunch at least once per week trip.

*1023*

Jamie J

I know everyone says that Teppan Edo is just a "normal" hibachi, but honestly, it's the best I have ever been to and we have a lot of good ones in the Philadelphia area. I know lots of people think Benihana is one of the best, but I think Teppan Edo is far better than that. We are going for the 5th time during out trip in 1 week. Whichever you pick, enjoy!!!

JohnD

Since I haven't yet tried either, I'm trying Teppan Edo the week of 11/8. Going for the experience of the chefs cooking at the table this time. Next time will be the view at Tokyo Dining.

JohnD

While entertaining, hibachi cooking is an expensive way to eat up there. Tokyo Dining has many choices and usually gets my walk up business for lunch at least once per week trip.

*1023*

Lunch might be an option for me. The problem with going during the F&W festival is that I try to reserve grazing the F&W booths for lunch.

Wendy Pleakley

I thought Teppan Edo was comparable to any other hibachi restaurant I've been to.

It strikes me as something fun and different for tourists who haven't been to one and want to experience some Japanese culture.

I haven't been to Tokyo Dining but at this point it would be my choice as someone who has "been there, done that" as far as hibachi restaurants go.

worldfanatic

I thought Teppan Edo was comparable to any other hibachi restaurant I've been to.
Exactly.
Teppan Edo is fine, but nothing unique if you've tried that type of restaurant before.
On the other hand, Tokyo Dining would be hard to find replicated elsewhere.
The food, service and atmosphere are top notch.

Tokyo Dining is my clear choice.
My Japanese Wife also strongly prefers it.

Dukeblue1227

Exactly.
Teppan Edo is fine, but nothing unique if you've tried that type of restaurant before.
On the other hand, Tokyo Dining would be hard to find replicated elsewhere.
The food, service and atmosphere are top notch.

Tokyo Dining is my clear choice.
My Japanese Wife also strongly prefers it.

This is actually a fantastic point. I voted Teppan edo because regardless of where the restaurant is, this is one of my favorite types of restaurants around, my wife and I go all the time to them around home. So I do like it more than Tokyo dining. But, teppan edo isn't really anything special above the ones we have around us. Tokyo dining definitely the more unique to what you'd find near you experience.

DisneyJunkie

I'd have to say try Tokyo Dining. Having given Teppan Edo at least 2 chances, I always come away underwhelmed and missing my local Japanese steakhouse. The food there is simply not much higher than adequate, and for what they charge, I'd certainly expect better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom